The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone listening to Neil Alexander talking pish on the Radio. Can't think of any real blunders he's made my arse. What about pushing a mark Millar last minute  free kick into the back of the net?

you sure he wasn't meaning this season?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No. They asked him if he could remember having any real howlers and he said no. Just ones I could've done better with. Porky pies neil

He's repressed them, pushed them deep down :D 

hopefully we'll keep this style of play going, it's been the same for the last couple of seasons under Houston, but we look a far better team when we pass forward instead of 20 sideways passes till we make a mess of it!

This was where I was critical.of the Kerr/ Taiwo partnership under Houstie in that at times it seemed like Kerr was under instruction not to drive us forward but to move the ball sideways. He seemed to play with more freedom today and it seemed like he was actually trying to push us forward.

The performance today was refreshing to see and it was great to actually come away from the stadium having enjoyed the game.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This was where I was critical.of the Kerr/ Taiwo partnership under Houstie in that at times it seemed like Kerr was under instruction not to drive us forward but to move the ball sideways. He seemed to play with more freedom today and it seemed like he was actually trying to push us forward.

The performance today was refreshing to see and it was great to actually come away from the stadium having enjoyed the game.

so true, we are a different team when we push forward, one problem with Houston was that to often we were a goal down before we did attack. long way to go this season so hopefully we can keep improving

The main thing I hope Hartley does in home games is sets us up to attack from the start and to put the opposition under pressure. This gets the crowd going which helps the team.

Way too often at home I felt Houstie had us set up first and foremost not to get beat and as you say we didn't have a go until we were 1down.

No disrespect to other clubs but there were times we were playing the so called less fancied clubs at home and weren't going for them from the off. It was a turgid watch at times.

This however was in the past so hopefully onwards and upwards under Hartley.

The main thing I hope Hartley does in home games is sets us up to attack from the start and to put the opposition under pressure. This gets the crowd going which helps the team.

Way too often at home I felt Houstie had us set up first and foremost not to get beat and as you say we didn't have a go until we were 1down.

No disrespect to other clubs but there were times we were playing the so called less fancied clubs at home and weren't going for them from the off. It was a turgid watch at times.

This however was in the past so hopefully onwards and upwards under Hartley.

absolutely this

20 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hartley has experience at this level. All he did in his 1 season was win the league. But you knew this already.

And that was despite some of his competition picking up huge results.  People 10-2 forget this.