The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

United will eventually pull away and win the title quite comfortably.

Therefore, Falkirk's best case scenario, if everything goes incredibly well, would be 2nd place. That's the same position they've finished in each of the last two seasons and both times failed to achieve promotion.

So because we did something twice means we can't do better ?

The pars failed twice to get promoted from the third tier, finishing 7th one season, did you write off promotion the next season on the basis of the previous two ?

Hartley will need to get the ball rolling our way quickly, it is indeed a funny league so far. The main top three beating each other and two of you getting pumped of Morton.

I'm sure at one point a couple of seasons ago we were 9pts behind hibs with a dozen or so games to play and managed to finish above them, with 28 to play its all very much to play for

I think the January window will be crucial this season for the title, in both who comes in and who leaves each club, tho utd it will be more the in window.

Edited by MrDust

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What a time to be a Bairn....

In all seriousness though, Hartley may or may not work out (disnae work out much gaun by that gut hahahajajajajhahah) but its a pleasing appointment. Somehow seems more ambitious than a McIntyre type even though they probably fit in the same type of bracket having ultimately failed at a lower end premier club. At least the board havent took the easy option and slid Kerr/Miller in there for cheapness.

Once again the response of the players is key here but they certainly responded to Houston getting emptied by slipping Morton a comfortable length.

If Hartley knows how to get Grant, Sibbald and Loy doing what we know they can do then we will likely be back in Europe within 2 years.

Will be interesting to see how Loy gets on having been signed by Hartley but hardly given a game at Dundee.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye. Totally different scenario here though given there is no Stewart or Hemmings so Loy on paper is comfortably our best striker and personally I think he will prove to be so.

(Plus sexy etc)

Aye but even after they left he didn't play him when the competition was only Marcus Haber, wighton, odjamma and el bacteria.  He then loaned him out to St Mirren even though they were struggling.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

So because we did something twice means we can't do better ?

The pars failed twice to get promoted from the third tier, finishing 7th one season, did you write off promotion the next season on the basis of the previous two ?

Hartley will need to get the ball rolling our way quickly, it is indeed a funny league so far. The main top three beating each other and two of you getting pumped of Morton.

I'm sure at one point a couple of seasons ago we were 9pts behind hibs with a dozen or so games to play and managed to finish above them, with 28 to play its all very much to play for

I think the January window will be crucial this season for the title, in both who comes in and who leaves each club, tho utd it will be more the in window.

I didn't say it was impossible, just there's absolutely no evidence supporting a successful Falkirk promotion bid. Other than new manager hysteria and blind hope.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I didn't say it was impossible, just there's absolutely no evidence supporting a successful Falkirk promotion bid. Other than new manager hysteria and blind hope.

Same applies to all 10 clubs.

9 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Loy simply isn’t a Premiership striker imo.

According to a Dundee fan, he did well then got injured and the competition and formation wasn't a fit for him. 

We all knew he was never a striker who couldn't play up top on his own, fit or not, recent weeks had shown that up again.

Surely a clean slate for all......even Shepherd ......

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It would be a stretch if the teams at the top were good, but all have dropped points they shouldn't have thus far. Utd may well pull away but apart from them I don't see much changing. 

We certainly haven't. Two losses away to both Morton and Dunfermline are firmly within the 'not unexpected' category. 

His time at Dundee ended on a sour note (as most managerial reigns tend to do) but overall I think Hartley did a good job. Got us out of the second tier after being stuck there for a decade, secured a top 6 finish and ended our 10+ year run of no derby victories. Wish Hartley good luck at Falkirk, especially if he helps keep the filth down for another year after putting them there in the first place. :D

58 minutes ago, MrDust said:

According to a Dundee fan, he did well then got injured and the competition and formation wasn't a fit for him. 

This.

When he first signed he was banging the goals in, no problem.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

No.

Should be playing with The Shire or Camelon Juniors.

It was heavily tinged with sarcasm, tho if Hartley manages to find the player that last produced the goods 4 year ago, I wouldnt be complaining.....

Id like to say stranger things have happened, but I cant back that up.....!!!