The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How would "an ex Motherwell player" know what was happening in the Falkirk boardroom?

He scouted for 2 of the names mentioned so he's friends with them. Dunno if he's talking pish or not though.

i just get this bad feeling we're going to be disappointed. 

I just think the majority of us fear the worst as we know this board will normally go for the cheapest option.

Whoever gets the job as long as it's not Yogi or Elvis they will get my full support as we have to give them a chance. Sorry I should have added fat Sally to that list as he can get to f**k.

59 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I was speaking to an ex Motherwell player tonight who said we had made someone an offer but they're holding out for the Kilmarnock job. He was quoting the usual names and threw in Gerry McCabe.. fuckin hell.

McCabe was Hartley's assistant at Dundee, and McIntyre's at Dunfermline. 

wtf did they spend 10 million on as it certainly wasnt the team at least Sevco got a return for their cheating

Some clubs had to spend money on their stadium rather than have a supermarket pay for it for them. Surely it's no surprise that teams such as Falkirk and St Johnstone who sold their grounds for big money have managed to avoid financial issues while clubs like Dunfermline, Raith, Dundee, Motherwell etc who had to borrow money to build ridiculous 10,000 seat stadia without the luxury of donated land and supermarket cash have struggled financially? It would be interesting to see what would have happened had Falkirk had to redevelop Brockville (which would have been fantastic tbh).

Anyway, aren't you boys any closer to getting a new manager yet? Want to know who to shout abuse at if I decide to go along on Saturday. Are you waiting to announce the new man to boost ticket sales for the Irn Bru cup game or just a bit shit at this sort of thing?

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Some clubs had to spend money on their stadium rather than have a supermarket pay for it for them.

A supermarket buying the land an old stadium sits on and the club using that money to build a new stadium =/= a supermarket paying for a new stadium, champ.

Some clubs had to spend money on their stadium rather than have a supermarket pay for it for them. Surely it's no surprise that teams such as Falkirk and St Johnstone who sold their grounds for big money have managed to avoid financial issues while clubs like Dunfermline, Raith, Dundee, Motherwell etc who had to borrow money to build ridiculous 10,000 seat stadia without the luxury of donated land and supermarket cash have struggled financially? It would be interesting to see what would have happened had Falkirk had to redevelop Brockville (which would have been fantastic tbh).

Anyway, aren't you boys any closer to getting a new manager yet? Want to know who to shout abuse at if I decide to go along on Saturday. Are you waiting to announce the new man to boost ticket sales for the Irn Bru cup game or just a bit shit at this sort of thing?

We can't help it if no fucker wants to buy a shitheap in Dunfermline. Clearly Falkirk is a prime area for real estate. :angel

When did Raith borrow cash for their stadium like? They used the cash from player sales and their Buyern Munich  euro fixtures to fund their stands.  The season they built them they still made a profit.  It was signing shite to replace the decent players they sold that fecked them up.

Virtually all of the clubs mentioned went into trouble  because they were paying players far more than they could afford. The Cannigia's,john spencers and stevie crawfords were all getting paid a fortune which the clubs at the end of the day didnt have. Hee haw to do with building stands and a lot of clubs got a right few quid from the stadium fund that was about back then too.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Seems to me Falkirk HAD to sell their stadium due to financial mismanagement.

No it was because 1. it was going to cost a fortune to do because of the space restrictions. A fortune we certainly couldn't afford to fund as a first divison side( if we hadnt been cheated out of a playoff spot in 1998 when dundee went up then things might have turned out differently). and 2. it would've ended up shite like most of the all seater stadium these days that are simply a hodge podge of new stands, bucket seats screwed into terraces and ancient old main stands that cost a fortune to up keep.