Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I'm actually up for singing Balatoni. Think he'll do a job

I hope you sign him too !

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

The Daily Record are reporting that Swansea are willing to pay £700,000 for Gallagher. Judging by the posts in this thread, that's a brilliant offer.

Surely this isn't the same guy who was ripped apart by Lewis Morgan  a couple of weeks ago? The full-back that looked like he was towing a caravan and can't tackle?

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Surely this isn't the same guy who was ripped apart by Lewis Morgan  a couple of weeks ago? The full-back that looked like he was towing a caravan and can't tackle?

He kept up fine with Morgan he just wouldn't tackle him. He is very good going forward though which unfortunately he never got to show against St Mirren due to our capitualation after 20 mins..

12 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Our previous left back who went to Swansea has just been sold for around £3.5million. During Kingsley's first few 1st team games for Falkirk he was an absolute bombscare who developed very well with experience. They are buying the potential Gallagher has shown for his age and has been scouted for over 2 years - not just his one match against St. Mirren.

Edited by wee_bairn

26 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

To what tune?

27 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

He couldn't do any worse than Gasparotto or Watson and probably Grant these days. 

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

0104f3955e70d3f5ca8c49aa91ec54c4.jpg

I'm sure they are clambouring over themselves to do double training sessions with zero days off in-between. Another downside of Houston's public outbursts, it must surely put players off. 

I'm sure they are clambouring over themselves to do double training sessions with zero days off in-between. Another downside of Houston's public outbursts, it must surely put players off. 

They weren't training yesterday, had a full day off!

McGhee would be a very good signing imo. Not sure about harvie as I can't remember seeing him play. Balatoni I wouldn't be very buzzing about.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Lazy b*****ds emoji16.png

I'm sure Houston said at the fans forum last week that they had just had a day off. Perhaps if he actually backed up his threats with action it might hit home.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I always seem to remember Conrad to being a bit of a chubby player, a bit of dejavu with Muirhead, tho his career has went downwards since leave thistle and its a huge concern that a 26yr old has no club a kick in the baws from hitting September.

Far too many of our signings are sign and hope that they find that purple patch they once had. If we are taking in money for gallacher and also have with Kingsley, we really should be aiming for better......wait a minute, we are keeping a treasure chest for when the time us right....!!

Screenshot_2017-08-30-14-54-32.png

10 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Get what you are saying but getting new players now should be easy - 'look how much we're struggling son. You can join us and be a hero' is the way it will be played - and to be quite honest with the right player that could well be the case.

Balatoni & Muirhead strolled the First Division with us, but were both unable to really make the step up to the top flight. Balatoni was alright, but had mistakes in him. Would be surprised if he can't recreate his form from our D1-winning season, seeing as he's still in his mid 20's, but his career has definitely taken a step backwards since then. He thought he'd get a gig in mainland Europe, which is why he left us - wound up with his tail between his legs and signed for Kilmarnock 3 months later, and things have only gotten worse since then.

Still think he'd do a job for Falkirk, though. More of a solid team around him than he had at Ayr last year.

Edited by Nightmare