The Falkirk FC Thread

I love how we seem to be attracting everyone and anyone on here slagging off our manager when 99% of them would've loved to have been in our position the last two seasons never mind in a cup final the season before. Yes we're pissed off and needing a change but that shouldn't overshadow the fact that Houston's done a decent job up to now.

4 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Exactly, I'd even say Gasparotto is one of the worst players I've seen in a falkirk jersey in recent times, absolutely honking.

He and Watson aren't too bad when playing along side a player who can organise and is playing well. Watson and Grant had the best defensive record in the league together before Grant got injured. Unfortunately Grant hasnt been the same commanding figure since though and McCracken who could also organise things well is obviously no longer there . Together though they are absolutely mince.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Was he not signed on the basis of his performances in the reserve league for Newcastle if I remember rightly? What an impostor he turned out.

Pretty sure your right on that whilst his record was good for Newcastle reserves his record for us was 113 appearances and 25 goals.  He's playing for South Shields now.

Whilst i agree on lot of whats been said the blame game shouldnt be limited to just Houston, players and BoD need to take some of the blame for this as well.  Whilst other teams are in touching distance at the foot of the table lose on Saturday and a gap opens up between us and the rest then that should be it.

When was the last manager we actually sacked i cant mind if we even sacked Dave Clarke

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Was he not signed on the basis of his performances in the reserve league for Newcastle if I remember rightly? What an impostor he turned out.

Yes. He's now at South Shields and one of their stand-out players, albeit in Tier 9 or something like that.

1 hour ago, AL0011 said:

Pretty sure your right on that whilst his record was good for Newcastle reserves his record for us was 113 appearances and 25 goals.  He's playing for South Shields now.

Whilst i agree on lot of whats been said the blame game shouldnt be limited to just Houston, players and BoD need to take some of the blame for this as well.  Whilst other teams are in touching distance at the foot of the table lose on Saturday and a gap opens up between us and the rest then that should be it.

When was the last manager we actually sacked i cant mind if we even sacked Dave Clarke

Big George Fulston sacked Eamonn Bannon.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If his "remit" was to "blood kids" why was he allowed to sign all the players I mentioned above?

He was not going to fill the side with them but it was obvious what the plan was to most Falkirk fans

I guess the Vice Chairman was lying in your eyes

Edited by Back Post Misses

He was not going to fill the side with them but it was obvious what the plan was to most Falkirk fans
I guess the Vice Chairman was lying in your eyes

Who mandated these signings then, in direct contradiction of his "remit"? How do they tie into the plan? How many youngsters was he supposed to be blooding in the team?

I can't imagine why a club official would make one remark at one event which implies that the manager they've just kept on is not a complete failure.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I love how we seem to be attracting everyone and anyone on here slagging off our manager when 99% of them would've loved to have been in our position the last two seasons never mind in a cup final the season before. Yes we're pissed off and needing a change but that shouldn't overshadow the fact that Houston's done a decent job up to now.

#curveball

8 hours ago, AL0011 said:

On paper it was Bannon but principally I would say Eddie May was more than likely made to walk the plank, both going into the job and leaving !!

54 minutes ago, MrDust said:

#curveball

On paper it was Bannon but principally I would say Eddie May was more than likely made to walk the plank, both going into the job and leaving !!

I always felt that may never really wanted the job in the first place. Numpty heid George had to push him into taking the post and I think he was pretty relieved when he packed in after the killie game. Don't think the bod had to make much of an effort to persuade him.

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've got me totally wrong, I want PH to stay with Falkirk!