The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

The season St Mirren won it St Johnstone had finished 8th the season before, the year Gretna won it they had a considerably larger budget than St Johnstone. You can ignore those two facts again if you like but it's not going to change the reality that Owen Coyle obviously did a good job at St Johnstone.

We finished 9th one season, won it the following season....

We finished above Dundee Utd last season, Hibs the previous, both their budgets were considerably larger than ours.

I never said he never did a good job at St Johnstone, I just assumed that St Johnstone's main aim would be promotion, similar to ours for has been for 7 seasons, now 8.

Elvis, Holt and Houston have failed our main aim to get out this league, so are failures......not that hard to grasp, I wouldnt turn around and say Elvis was a success cause he won the challenge cup and national semis, Holt got us to the play offs, Houston got us to a cup final and play offs, the main aim is still, getting out the league

We finished 9th one season, won it the following season....
We finished above Dundee Utd last season, Hibs the previous, both their budgets were considerably larger than ours.
I never said he never did a good job at St Johnstone, I just assumed that St Johnstone's main aim would be promotion, similar to ours for has been for 7 seasons, now 8.
Elvis, Holt and Houston have failed our main aim to get out this league, so are failures......not that hard to grasp, I wouldnt turn around and say Elvis was a success cause he won the challenge cup and national semis, Holt got us to the play offs, Houston got us to a cup final and play offs, the main aim is still, getting out the league

But Pressley's remit was never to get promoted it was to blood kids, help sell them on so the loans got paid off. The Vice Chairman at the time admitted that at a fans forum in the Park Hotel.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But Pressley's remit was never to get promoted it was to blood kids, help sell them on so the loans got paid off. The Vice Chairman at the time admitted that at a fans forum in the Park Hotel.

kids like Kenny Deuchar, Andy Haworth, Tam McManus, Pedro Moutinho, David Weatherston, Darren Dods, Willie Gibson, Iain Flannigan, Johnny Flynn and Chris Smith?

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

perhaps the third season, counting his we wont be relegated as first. Funnily relegated and had the largest budget in the league albeit through a meltdown on how to run a football club, yet I still recall that season away to Morton midweek where we had chances to go top of the league albeit playing a game more in the next three games by winning them......I so remember his fist pump at playing for a draw at Morton as if we had achieved something. 

Perhaps the board seen then he couldnt manage his way out a paper bag. Ive no doubt his remit perhaps bar season 3 was get promoted. He actually did not too bad with the kids and by doing so he was given decent funds and we found ourselves with one league win in that quarter.....manage his way out of a paper bag returns.

He will be given credit by bringing players through with encouragement that decent half season, he stopped encouraging them the following season as far as Im concerned and would still fist pump draws

Listened to Houston's post match excuses in line then took in Paul Clement's interview after the Swansea match yesterday & it's night & day in terms of ownership of the issues - phrases like collective responsibility etc 

oh for some honest humility on the part of our Head coach

by the way whats the difference between headless chickens at the slaughterhouse & Falkirk players at the stadium?

The chickens still have a heart to keep going!!!

Probably been asked on here but if Houston goes who takes over? Seen Elvis mentioned but going by his radio cameos over the summer and with the guys ego, I can't see him managing in this division. You guys will be more in the know though.

I reckon the McBookie list would look pretty depressing tbh.

Would Hartley drop down to this division? Problem is the decent unemployed managers will be waiting for the silly season to kick off in England (already has with Crystal Palace, fkin disgrace btw) and if the likes of County/Thistle get detached at the bottom of their league an opportunity might come up. Look at John Hughes last season, shot his load a week too soon and could have had the pick of much better jobs.

Would Alex Rae be in with a shot?