The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd back Adolf Hitler as manager if he managed to get us promotion. The problem for me is that if your telling us your goal is promotion and marketing a season as 'our time' then surely the basic requirement from the manager is to produce a side that is at the very least challenging for the championship. Anything else isn't good enough. I'd give him till Christmas to have us up there fighting for the title and if not then it should surely be thanks but its time to move on and get someone else in to get things organised for a big push next season. I'd love Houston to get us up as I still have great memories of watching him as a player who always gave 100% and fought for 90 plus minutes. Its a pity some of his signings dont have those same attributes unfortunately. 

Ok then shut up about it till then please

1 hour ago, Oscar P said:

Mark Stowe.

He played well, decent crosser of the ball also.

Yeah I thought Stowe played pretty well . Can't say anyone else stood out( admittedly over age players apart it was a pretty young side we had out) and the 3-1 scoreline certainly flattered us in a pretty even game. Shepherd isnt even standing out in these games now and was particularly woeful last night. 

2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Can recall getting scudded by Clyde at Brockville in Tottens last season. You getting your shite seasons mixed up?

That was fucking disgusting. It was absolutely pishing down too. I drove home with my jeans round my ankles because they were sodden. 

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That was fucking disgusting. It was absolutely pishing down too. I drove home with my jeans round my ankles because they were sodden. 

Getting pumped out the cup 2-0 by stenny was when we all went round the back of the stand with burning crosses and pitch forks before he was ditched on the way home by a certain person!

4 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Can recall getting scudded by Clyde at Brockville in Tottens last season. You getting your shite seasons mixed up?

No. Lambie rammed off the road that night by someone on here. Near to where the new stadium would be built.

1 hour ago, bairney said:

No. Lambie rammed off the road that night by someone on here. Near to where the new stadium would be built.

You are wrong.

Clyde 1-6 was under Totten in about 2002.

Lambie ramming was after 0-2 Stenny in early 1996 I think.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 hour ago, bairney said:

He had been a player at Falkirk for ten-and-a half-years as a player but his time as manager was hellish.

“There were too many cliques in the dressing room and I wanted to sweep them out,” he says. “It was difficult. We lost to Stenhousemuir in the cup and later I was driving with my pal and someone tried to run me off the road. He got sorted out!”

arsehole article

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You are wrong.

Clyde 1-6 was under Totten in about 2002.

Lambie ramming was after 0-2 Stenny in early 1996 I think.

My Birthday game the 6-1 game, horrid night and only one player had pure white shorts "Neil Murray"

My most recent birthday game was when we beat Cowdenbeath 6-0 a couple of years ago with WV scoring a screamer at the end.

Got a birthday shout out over the tannoy too, which thrilled me inordinately*!

*I am over 40 years of age and regret nothing. You don't know my story!

Scotland win their next 2 games and then win the two legged play off and qualify for our first major tournament in 20 years and the country is given a huge lift or bollocks to that and miraculously Houston turns things around and we end up winning the league in May and go up to the Premiership after 8 years away. You can only choose one. I know it's hypothetical because both are very unlikely and yes I need to get out more but just a thought?? I'm predicting most fans would say Falkirk promotion hands down but I'd love to see my country in a World Cup again, it's been too bloody long and we can go up the next season, 2018-19. Lol

6 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Scotland win their next 2 games and then win the two legged play off and qualify for our first major tournament in 20 years and the country is given a huge lift or bollocks to that and miraculously Houston turns things around and we end up winning the league in May and go up to the Premiership after 8 years away. You can only choose one. I know it's hypothetical because both are very unlikely and yes I need to get out more but just a thought?? I'm predicting most fans would say Falkirk promotion hands down but I'd love to see my country in a World Cup again, it's been too bloody long and we can go up the next season, 2018-19. Lol

Things that will never, ever happen thread for this pish!

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

He had been a player at Falkirk for ten-and-a half-years as a player but his time as manager was hellish.

“There were too many cliques in the dressing room and I wanted to sweep them out,” he says. “It was difficult. We lost to Stenhousemuir in the cup and later I was driving with my pal and someone tried to run me off the road. He got sorted out!”

arsehole article

Yeah that's right sorted out indeed,I went into see the fucker at Brockville and even then he couldn't look me straight in the face.

He even tried to say Stevie Fulton for Davie Hagan  and Stevie Kirk for Ally Graham were good deals.

I hate that man with a passion.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

My Birthday game the 6-1 game, horrid night and only one player had pure white shorts "Neil Murray"

Was that the same season we got beat 5-1 at home by Ross County. We were in hospitality at Brockville that day and it was so bad I stayed in during the second half to watch the rugby. That big haddie Lee Wilkie was playing and was utter dogshit.