The Falkirk FC Thread

On 9/3/2017 at 03:45, MrDust said:

I'm not suggesting he is the right back of choice, but there was no complaints 2 seasons ago when he played there, he had pass marks for me v queens as the centre of defence is a leaky tap with Watson and Luca... Fact we signed two centre halves paints the picture

Did you have complaints with Muirhead 2 seasons ago ?

I'd rather he played centre but I think there is no coincidence that our bombs care centre pairing last season had him struggling, funnily our bombs care centre pairing had him struggling again.

If our managers interview stating we don't play an offside line, we simply defend, really takes the first goal away from him v pars, 2nd goal shared blame. Fifer game tho, he defended better than Gallacher....it's not clever to state that, but its true

How do you care for a bomb?

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

My lad was in Sligo and said we were decent. In the next breath he then says I was leathered and spewed up at the game, so maybe nonsense. oh don't you just love those Shuttle Boys.

We weren't. Whilst it's hard to judge against an unknown opposition, we still looked shit. 

I appreciate it was a case of get the win, come home, job done. But we are fucking shockingly bad to watch still. There's nil football being played. 

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

We weren't. Whilst it's hard to judge against an unknown opposition, we still looked shit. 

I appreciate it was a case of get the win, come home, job done. But we are fucking shockingly bad to watch still. There's nil football being played. 

Did the first goal not basically come from one of their players falling over? Looked that way from the video.

Apart from the 2nd goal which was a cracker.

We also have the likes of Sibbald, Hypolyte and McKee who will make a difference when playing well. The conditions looked horrific too

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We also have the likes of Sibbald, Hypolyte and McKee who will make a difference when playing well. The conditions looked horrific too

I'm starting to wonder about McKee. I thought he looked the part in the Betfred cup group stage but i'm struggling to remember a league game for us where he's been particularly good or anything above average. He scored a wonder free kick against DU but really what has he done else-wise. He looks neat and tidy but i'm starting to think I may have been fooled by the quality of the opposition.

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Defending at their goal is abysmal .  They just stand in a group and then run in on goals whilst our boys all decide to mark anyone apart from the big no6. Amateurish stuff.

And blocked off the keeper so he could not come for the cross. QoS did exactly the same.

Edited by Back Post Misses

The Board have backed him to stabilise things. Whilst on balance I would have changed the manager it is getting boring people still want him out. Time to get behind the team and manager now IMO. He won't be the manager next season so those who are desperate he gets sacked will see the change they crave then.

Whilst I agree with you that there has been an attempt to stabilise things and whilst calls may be boring they are still justified surely? Or has one result changed things so dramatically. I seem to recall you saying fairly recently that he should go and there was no 'on balance' either, it was pretty unequivocal. So a bit rich to try and distance yourself from this or paint people as desperate or craving. Although in my case I am desperate for him to go and I've been boringly consistent and relentless in that. However come a match day we can both agree that the team should have our/my support, the manager, not so much.

Whilst I agree with you that there has been an attempt to stabilise things and whilst calls may be boring they are still justified surely? Or has one result changed things so dramatically. I seem to recall you saying fairly recently that he should go and there was no 'on balance' either, it was pretty unequivocal. So a bit rich to try and distance yourself from this or paint people as desperate or craving. Although in my case I am desperate for him to go and I've been boringly consistent and relentless in that. However come a match day we can both agree that the team should have our/my support, the manager, not so much.

No one result changes nothing IMO. I just don't see the point in calling for something that if it was going to happen it would have happened post QoS.

Houston now can't win with a lot of fans. Win 3 or 4 now then a loss the cries for his sacking will come again. A run like he has managed in every season he has been in charge (10 games+) the same guys will be saying "he should have done it in the first place"

Whilst i know its not a comparison but it shows how fickle supporters can be, i read an article the other day about the Man Utd chairman spilling the beans over Fergie i think one of the incidences was that fans were calling for him to be sacked in 1990 the other occasion was just before Man Utd won the treble they wanted him sacked over his commitment to the club or what they felt lack of commitment to the club.

As i mentioned its more to do with how fickle fans can be the last 2 seasons we competed with teams with higher budgets than us this season we have no excuse.  Whilst 1 win doesnt change things and in the hope that things get turned around once injuries and suspensions clear up there will always be those that call for Houstons head no matter what he does even IF we do manage to go on a run and make the top spot.  

It will need to be drastic for the board to sack him as i cant remember the last time we actually sacked a manager, and more to the fact they would need to pay up in some way no doubt faling a change in fortunes i think those wanting a change i would guess if things are no different by January then he is gone and half a season for to turn it round for whoever takes over.