The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Did he no play at RB the year Hearts romped the league?

Callum Paterson did. McGhee is a CB and not a very good one. Best I've seen him play was for Scotland U21s, was never impressed by him at Hearts. 

A year away at an English Premiership team will have done him good though.

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

See, I think this formation would also suit Tony Gallacher, so I wonder if we might see something along the lines of:

Thomson

McGhee-Ballatoni-Grant

Kidd-Taiwo-McKee-Sibbs-Gallacher

Austin-Loy

no chance of PH changing to 3 at the back

Another centre half. So that's SIX first team centre backs (Ballatoni, Gasparotto, Grant, McGhee, Muirhead, Watson) and our only two full backs are a 12 year old who looks brutally out of his depth, and a crocked right back who is shit even on the rare occasion that he's healthy.

What a fucking disgrace of a club we are.

796105ceca8fc5893be1babedcc76290.jpg

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Mind when falkirk fans said Scobbie wouldn't get a game for them....

Then they sign fucking McGhee

An injury prone slow left back nearing 30, who was slow at left back as a 21yr old v unknown 21yr old

Ps I liked Tam but only at centre half, when pace can be over ruled by having good positioning.

McGhee has Scott Crabbe eyes, we await and see if he becomes as much a player as Crabbe...

What's Crabbe doing now ?

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Of course the other bad thing about playing 3 at the back is that we would need to play Harris or Kidd at right wing back and both are fucking shite.

Also that team is severely lacking in Myles Hippolyte.

This for me as well. We have an abundance of CBs, but I'm not convinced our options at wing back are great and it means we don't play with any wingers.

In the game against us I thought the centre backs were badly exposed by a lack of midfield protection, literally two balls played through the heart of the pitch lead to our first two. Not sure adding two new central defenders is entirely what you boys need, surely one energetic centre mid to help Kerr out? 

4 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

In the game against us I thought the centre backs were badly exposed by a lack of midfield protection, literally two balls played through the heart of the pitch lead to our first two. Not sure adding two new central defenders is entirely what you boys need, surely one energetic centre mid to help Kerr out? 

If they were badly exposed, how come we improved with 9 men ?

The problem is Luca and Watson are only decent when they have a better defender by their side, neither of them are vocal or have leadership qualities, which is vital in their position which results to them looking like bombscares.

Both Luca and Watson have had MOM performances in the past, I doubt it if it was with them as partnership, if they can't defend together, it's gonna look hopeless, not as if it's the first time and why we resigned Watson again, I'll never know

12 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Set up was poor as well, we played quite a high line against you despite your obvious pace advantage.