The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

"the Falkirk squad now has a youthful look to it beyond the core of first-team regulars."
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

1st team squad of roughly including Cameron Blues and Balatoni.

2 players over 30.

Loy at 29

2 at 27

4 at 26

2 at 24

2 at 23

5 at 22

2 at 21

2 at 19

Gallacher at 18.

It might be stretching it a bit to say "youthful" but it's certainly not an old side with the bulk of the players in that 22 to 26 bracket.

I was amazed the likes of Kidd and Gasparotto are as still as young as they are.

Mad old JJ had the same attitude as Houston not long before leaving his post. When managers start talking about leaving if things don't work out, or leaving at the end of a season it's hardly going to motivate players (especially ones he is hounding and moaning about already). Just sounds like he can't be fucked with it. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mad old JJ had the same attitude as Houston not long before leaving his post. When managers start talking about leaving if things don't work out, or leaving at the end of a season it's hardly going to motivate players (especially ones he is hounding and moaning about already). Just sounds like he can't be fucked with it. 

Did agent Jimbo Jefferies reveal pre to his last season that he would be retiring ?

Houston has already stated this is his last season, the only way that would change I reckon, is if we won promotion. 

Edited by MrDust

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Did agent Jimbo Jefferies reveal pre to his last season that he would be retiring ?

He has already stated this is his last season, the only way that would change I reckon, is if we won promotion. 

Pretty sure he did. Plan was to have a natural successor (Potter/McCann) Got to about December with all hope of promotion gone before stepping aside. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Since comprehensively defeating us in a league game, you and some other pars have been pretty flustered over the Bairns, even going so far as to take a conparison between Houston and Wenger literally.

Most pleasing.

Considering they just don't think there's any rivalry between the teams!:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Feel free to correct if this is wrong.

Sibbs and Miller suspended for Brechin (Sept 9)

Grant out til October

Hippo out til Sept 23 minimum

Kidd ?????????

Is Hippo still suffering from the cramp he picked up against Livi?:unsure2:

30 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Feel free to correct if this is wrong.

Sibbs and Miller suspended for Brechin (Sept 9)

Grant out til October

Hippo out til Sept 23 minimum

Kidd ?????????

Sibbs Miller 2 first team match suspension, so out for Brechin.

Grant ????

Hippo was mentioned out for four weeks last week, so seems quite possible with above date.

We should have enough without them to beat Brechin, if we don't, all hell will break out

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty sure he did. Plan was to have a natural successor (Potter/McCann) Got to about December with all hope of promotion gone before stepping aside. 

That the season you finished 7th in the third tier ?

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I would have thought so, @Skyline Drifter. SFA Disciplinary thingy not updated today yet.

No, it rarely is before Friday these days but last week's list just said "2 first team matches" and didn't make any competition distinction. I would expect the suspensions to apply to Sligo given they were violent conduct / serious foul play.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, it rarely is before Friday these days but last week's list just said "2 first team matches" and didn't make any competition distinction. I would expect the suspensions to apply to Sligo given they were violent conduct / serious foul play.

Agreed, that's what I was thinking.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We should've really appealed them in case that allowed them to be available for the block busting tie against Sligo.