The Falkirk FC Thread

Hard to look good when playing for a dreadful team, I suppose.

Exactly this

He did put in some good performances last season which earned us a couple of good results.
If he's playing in a decent team he'll be fine.

Very meh signing although he certainly can't make our defence any worse.

If we can now punt Watson and/or Gasparotto ton bring in a right-back and of course replace Gallacher at left back I'll be delighted tbh.

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yes , with Ayr already 3 down , he was all over the place ! :thumsup2

Yep, played with an injury which obviously got worse.

I take your opinion differs to Buchanan who played the 90 that lost to 5 to the pars, also Dumbarton never winning two in a row all season.

Like most of our signings, I await to see what the player does for us, not anyone else. He can't be worse than the charlatans we have at the moment who call themselves centre halves....if he is.....by fuk, a 25 minute game whilst injured isn't generally clever to take as an opinion....

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

I take your opinion differs to Buchanan who played the 90 that lost to 5 to the pars, also Dumbarton never winning two in a row all season.

Like most of our signings, I await to see what the player does for us, not anyone else. He can't be worse than the charlatans we have at the moment who call themselves centre halves....if he is.....by fuk, a 25 minute game whilst injured isn't generally clever to take as an opinion....

Ok , he's a star and Swansea will be in for him next ! :angel

Injured is certainly what he appears to be most of the time.

To top things off he's not a fan of the old plastic grass either by the looks of things. Sounds like we're onto a winner.

Edited by TheBigYa

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The game he was subbed after 25mins ?

Aye, you should have been there for that 25 and the next 25, game was over when he left the field.

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

Very meh signing although he certainly can't make our defence any worse.

If we can now punt Watson and/or Gasparotto ton bring in a right-back and of course replace Gallacher at left back I'll be delighted tbh.

I'd love to see two full backs signed, muirhead and Conrad in the centre as they obviously once had organisations and understanding on how to defend, unlike Watson and Luca.

It's a bit drastic to reach September and wish for a new back four but that's what happens when you re-sign the deadwood on again. I also can't see Houstie playing muirhead in the centre, it's only been in drastic occasions he has.

5 centre halves (allegedly in some cases) one 18yr old left back, that highlights the unbalance we have.

It wouldn't surprise me if Houstie wants another centre half in...

Edited by MrDust

6 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

I'm assuming that with this pretty much ends the chance of McGhee coming here which is a shame because he's the only one out of the three mentioned that I would have taken

We will be moving on the Chuckle Brothers at CB hopefully.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/08/29/peter-houston-hopeful-getting-funds-two-new-signings-falkirk-seek-spfl-championship-boost/

Houston added: “We brought two outfield players in during the summer but the budget has gone down.

“We lost Luke Leahy and David McCracken but didn’t bring any defenders in.

Well that was f*cking intelligent, although i cant help but think the board had a part to play in that as well, still havent addressed the RB issue and if TG does leave then we are down a LB as well 

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Getting pumped by Dunfermline in a game where your two midfielders headbutt each other, and getting relegated whilst being pumped week in, week out are quite different things to be fair.