The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Lazy b*****ds emoji16.png

I'm sure Houston said at the fans forum last week that they had just had a day off. Perhaps if he actually backed up his threats with action it might hit home.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I always seem to remember Conrad to being a bit of a chubby player, a bit of dejavu with Muirhead, tho his career has went downwards since leave thistle and its a huge concern that a 26yr old has no club a kick in the baws from hitting September.

Far too many of our signings are sign and hope that they find that purple patch they once had. If we are taking in money for gallacher and also have with Kingsley, we really should be aiming for better......wait a minute, we are keeping a treasure chest for when the time us right....!!

Screenshot_2017-08-30-14-54-32.png

10 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I'm sure they are clambouring over themselves to do double training sessions with zero days off in-between. Another downside of Houston's public outbursts, it must surely put players off. 

Get what you are saying but getting new players now should be easy - 'look how much we're struggling son. You can join us and be a hero' is the way it will be played - and to be quite honest with the right player that could well be the case.

Balatoni & Muirhead strolled the First Division with us, but were both unable to really make the step up to the top flight. Balatoni was alright, but had mistakes in him. Would be surprised if he can't recreate his form from our D1-winning season, seeing as he's still in his mid 20's, but his career has definitely taken a step backwards since then. He thought he'd get a gig in mainland Europe, which is why he left us - wound up with his tail between his legs and signed for Kilmarnock 3 months later, and things have only gotten worse since then.

Still think he'd do a job for Falkirk, though. More of a solid team around him than he had at Ayr last year.

Edited by Nightmare

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Balatoni & Muirhead strolled the First Division with us, but were both unable to make the step up to the top flight. Would be surprised if Conrad can't recreate his form from that season, seeing as he's still in his mid-20's, but his career has definitely taken a step backwards. He thought he'd get a gig in mainland Europe, which is why he left us - wound up with his tail between his legs and signed for Kilmarnock 3 months later, and things have only gotten worse since then.

Still think he'd do a job for Falkirk, though. More of a solid team around him than he had at Ayr last year.

If they got us promotion I wouldnt be worried about them dropping to become squad players when we got there. Its a lot easier to stay in the premier than it is to get there in the first place.

I'd have much rather we'd took a punt on a years contract for him than re signed Watson I've got to say especially as he and Muirhead have previous experience together.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Doing business we needed months ago a day before the deadline?

Roll on Owain Tudor Jones and David Smith.

That's what I can't get my head around. Why are we scrambling about looking now when we have 1 point from 4 games when it was clear to us fans this should have been sorted in the summer!! Did the board think we could make do and it's taken them 4 games to realise we are desperately short in some positions!! No wonder us fans gets so pissed off!!

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Balatoni & Muirhead strolled the First Division with us, but were both unable to really make the step up to the top flight. Balatoni was alright, but had mistakes in him. Would be surprised if he can't recreate his form from our D1-winning season, seeing as he's still in his mid 20's, but his career has definitely taken a step backwards since then. He thought he'd get a gig in mainland Europe, which is why he left us - wound up with his tail between his legs and signed for Kilmarnock 3 months later, and things have only gotten worse since then.

Balatoni didn't exactly stroll the Championship last season. He was garbage whenever I saw him. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

McGhee would be a very good signing imo. Not sure about harvie as I can't remember seeing him play. Balatoni I wouldn't be very buzzing about.

Harvie struggled with us at first but as the season went on he was a lot kore dependable. Likes to get forward and has a good left foot, chipped in with a few goals which from left back for a team like us in this division is pretty good going. Good player if a wee bit suspect in defence positionally.

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Is it a loan deal ?

It will blow out the idea of Swansea won't loan players to us due to our pitch and more likely £s

I actually quite liked Biabi, very raw but I thought there was potential to tap upon.

I'm sure he had an attitude problem by all accounts in that he didn't put the work in or be on time. 

He did tend to either be effective or seem like he wasn't interested tho but he was 18/19 with us. He should be a massive step up to Rakish tho....

Yeah a season long loan but he's injured the now. I'm hoping we get him and Rojano then we might just stay up! Rakish is rapid and good at running the channels he's not prolific but gives 100% every game. If you guys need a striker big Courier is looking for a club

3 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

F*ck up billy nobody cares

Spot on , nobody else wants him , nobody else cares if you lot sign him ! He was a stand-out when we took 6 off of Ayr not long ago ! :lol: