The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye right enough, if only Sean Higgins was back. 
Pressley is the biggest walloper to grace our club in recent memory and I would never be back if he returned. I'd imagine the folk who'd want him back are the same who spout the "IAN MCCALL JUDAS" or "YOGI RUINED THE CLUB" nonsense. 

Actually Hughes proclaimed himself he ruined the club when he left. It was his badge of honour

So it was pretty much confirmed the other night that board members browse the COYB Facebook page.
If that's the case, then there's no way we'll do anything about Houston. The sheer amount of apologists who don't give a shit about how well we're doing is fucking scary, to be honest.

When I hear the potential signings I am astounded they have kept him. I guess they can't be any worse than Watson and Gasparotto (Marshy was 100% right).

I guess Grant being out for 4-6 weeks doesn't help either.

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

When I hear the potential signings I am astounded they have kept him. I guess they can't be any worse than Watson and Gasparotto (Marshy was 100% right).

I guess Grant being out for 4-6 weeks doesn't help either.

The problem is the centre half that are looking at is no better than what we already have. Just signing a player for the sake of it. I'd rather he tried to sign a decent right back and move Muirhead into the middle if need be.

He goes on about Queens being journeymen then looks at players relegated from this division last season. I just wish he would go now.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

The problem is the centre half that are looking at is no better than what we already have. Just signing a player for the sake of it. I'd rather he tried to sign a decent right back and move Muirhead into the middle if need be.

He goes on about Queens being journeymen then looks at players relegated from this division last season. I just wish he would go now.

It is all in at poker with f**k all chips to play with.

Never thought i'd be hoping Lewis Kidd could get fit again. That being said, I still think a left back is a bigger priority. Even if people think Gallagher will come onto a game defensively, he's one injury away from us playing christ knows who back there. My guess would be Mark Kerr based on Houston's current insanity. 

2 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Never thought i'd be hoping Lewis Kidd could get fit again. That being said, I still think a left back is a bigger priority. Even if people think Gallagher will come onto a game defensively, he's one injury away from us playing christ knows who back there. My guess would be Mark Kerr based on Houston's current insanity. 

Gallacher will be away in the next few days anyway. No prizes for guessing who are signing him :lol:

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

3 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Gallacher will be away in the next few days anyway. No prizes for guessing who are signing him :lol:

I find it hard to believe the interest hasn't cooled if they have been watching him lately. Maybe Swansea have just assumed he's a good player but playing under Houston is ruining him and want to get him playing under their own staff as quickly as possible before his confidence evaporates entirely.

Houston was certainly talking the two players up last Thursday as you would expect but the way he was talking they sounded more like experienced players than youngsters I've got to say. One he hoped may be a permanent signing. As of last Thursday there had been no bid for Gallacher. He's one that if we do sell him I wouldn't be in a rush to get him loaned back.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is this in addition to or instead of the players already there who keep getting caught kicking and elbowing by referees?

This is in addition. We need to do what we can to prevent Jack Baird leading the bookings table this season imo.

I can exclusively reveal that one of the hitherto-unnamed loan players in line for a sensational comeback is none other than ex-Falkirk stalwart, Jean-Francois Lecsinel.