The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

I worryingly agree. He's not silly enough to walk away from his retirement fund and the board don't have the balls. Bleak times. Genuinely haven't felt like I felt today since we were gubbed 6-1 by Clyde.

Clyde game was the worst I ever felt leaving Brockville after a game.

Edited by bairney

Thomson has shown himself to be a decent enough shot stopper. His kicking was poor today, but he was aiming for Harris on the right every time (probably the smallest player on the pitch). That tactic is surely coming from the manager. In the league cup games McKee was dropping deep and we were playing out from the back. That seems to have been completely binned and we're now launching balls to short players on the touch lines. No wonder his distribution looks poor.

He was meant to be kicking to Muirhead, not Harris. But his kicking was off & Muirhead had to be told almost every time to push up. It's almost as if he doesn't know how to play that position and/or doesn't have the ability to do so.

Not disagreeing with you here, but if the players have stopped playing for him, I still think he has to go in that scenario. It might not seem 'fair', but you can't (realistically) sign a full new team, so you make the one change that should improve their effort, attitude and performance.

Don't get me wrong I am in total agreement with the idea of sacking Houston. In fact this one of the few posts for months in which I haven't directly called for that.

The few times I have heard McDonaugh speak I like him. Now I have settled on the fact that players have given up on Houston and want him out. The question is, who are they backing? Which side is McDonaugh on and what about Maybury?

Interesting question. It sounds like McDonaugh does most of the day to day coaching and setting up the shape of the team, set pieces ect, so that hardly a big plus for him. However he was brought in as he meant to be good with getting the best out of younger players so that might help get us back on track with that part of our structure.

Players are often so thick that they will respond only to a manager that has a decent pedigree as a player and that ticks a box for Maybury. However if not one player from the development squad can be trusted to play right back instead of an overweight centre half it doesn't say much for his coaching abilities, given that full back was his position. Added to that is that he is a p***k!

So my conclusion....Latapy [emoji106]

Latapy would be a good shout as a Manager tbh, but realativly untested thought cant do much worse than what we had in the past, as for the McDonaugh getting the best out of the younger players was that not the idea behind Eddie May getting the Job after Yogi left and look how that panned out.

Edited by AL0011

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine coming to training and watching wee Latapy get someone to hold his tab whilst he ambles onto the park, rips the utter pish out of everyone, then returns to the sidelines. 

Come home wee man.

An absolutely fantastic player, used to love watching him play.  

In Falkirk fans thoughts who would be better, Latapy, Stainrod, or Joe Totrolano?

Just now, Tynieness said:

An absolutely fantastic player, used to love watching him play.  

In Falkirk fans thoughts who would be better, Latapy, Stainrod, or Joe Totrolano?

Dont even mention that name Tortolano absolutely woeful player in my time has to be my all time worst player to pull on a Falkirk top.