The Falkirk FC Thread

Houston thinks taking away the players days off will work. If I was asked to work my days off I don't think I would be fresher or more focussed the next week in fact knackered and tense is more likely. Why can't PH understand this or is he one of those guys who think if you punch someone harder you get more respect

Just now, dmcgregor7 said:

Goal & assist today yet you still find a way to make it a negative, Brechin are the same level as us it's not up to him who his opponent is, he done the business today

Come on Cooper played for us and wasn't good enough.  One goal against a piss poor brechin side even we beat in pre season isn't going to persuade me that we should've kept him. He's murder.

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Houston thinks taking away the players days off will work. If I was asked to work my days off I don't think I would be fresher or more focussed the next week in fact knackered and tense is more likely. Why can't PH understand this or is he one of those guys who think if you punch someone harder you get more respect

Yes, I thought that too.

He seems to think he can force them to play well, simply by treating them publicly with contempt and pissing them off.  It doesn't sound like a sensible approach.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I thought that too.

He seems to think he can force them to play well, simply by treating them publicly with contempt and pissing them off.  It doesn't sound like a sensible approach.

Days off aren't so they can all go on a jolly. There is a reason they are referred to as rest and recovery days.  

I am certainly not for giving any of those players today any days off after that fucking display.

Couldn't give a f**k if it costs us a defeat next week in Sligo.

That is all.

1 minute ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Days off aren't so they can all go on a jolly. There is a reason they are referred to as rest and recovery days.  

Indeed.  

It just sounds like a cheap line he hopes will win him favour with fans and the board, a sort of 'I'm not accepting this from the players and I'm doing everything I can to remedy it' type thing.  I'd imagine though that it's likelier to do damage than it is, good.

Just now, Mr X said:

Really? Six clubs in over 14 years and more than 100 appearances for three different clubs.

Guess again

It was mentioned that Rankin wasn't included as he had played mainly played for clubs at a decent level. Kerr's the same i would say. Most of his appearances are for United Aberdeen and us.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was mentioned that Rankin wasn't included as he had played mainly played for clubs at a decent level. Kerr's the same i would say. Most of his appearances are for United Aberdeen and us.

They are, but hes had five clubs in the last five years, turning out for such powerhouses as Dunfermline and Partick Thistle

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They are, but hes had five clubs in the last five years, turning out for such powerhouses as Dunfermline and Partick Thistle

It's pushing it to say that Kerr ever 'turned out' for us

Journeymen comment aside there isn't a single moment where Houston doesn't sound like an utter shambles during that interview.  

Actually, that's what concerned me most. He sounded devastated after today, and whilst understandable, it did not exactly make you believe that he could inspire the players or reinvigorate them to start playing to their potential.

Really hope these two loan deals happen because to me the shambles at the back is what is destroying confidence across the whole team.