The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Bollocks Shadwell, what game were you at. Harris was by far not our worst player, he is just your continual scapegoat every week. Thought he did ok in a absolutely dreadful team performance. Loy, McKee, Watson, Gallagher, Luca were far worse!!

I agree. Shadwell sometimes makes decent points but ruins it with his constant abuse aimed at Harris.

Give the laddie a break. There have been a lot of under performers this season.

5 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Bollocks Shadwell, what game were you at. Harris was by far not our worst player, he is just your continual scapegoat every week. Thought he did ok in a absolutely dreadful team performance. Loy, McKee, Watson, Gallagher, Luca were far worse!!

I never said he was our worst player but just because he was mediocre instead of shit doesn't mean a lot. Great addition to the squad because he wasn't quite as bad as the worst players we had today.Magic. At the end of the day I've seen most of the rest of them have excellent games for falkirk at one time or another whist the best we've had from Harris in a league game was mediocrity.Aird got pelters for his spell at the club whilst people still want to defend Harris even though he also has done feck all. It's just another Cooper or Smith signing.

I agree. Shadwell sometimes makes decent points but ruins it with his constant abuse aimed at Harris.

I agree. I really like a lot of what Shadwell says although he gets a bashing on here but I'm not having that about Harris today. He at least looked for the ball and tried to make something happen. He also looks a lot leaner and fitter than the likes of Loy, Luca etc. Clutching at straws for positives I know because I'm still numb after that performance today.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes he's simply a new underperformer. One we could've done without signing.

2 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I agree. I really like a lot of what Shadwell says although he gets a bashing on here but I'm not having that about Harris today. He at least looked for the ball and tried to make something happen. He also looks a lot leaner and fitter than the likes of Loy, Luca etc. Clutching at straws for positives I know because I'm still numb after that performance today.

Aye he gets a player in his head and bullies them into submission.

This year's unfortunate recipient of his rage and fury is Harris.

I hope [mention=20881]Marshmallo[/mention]is right but the fucker is so arrogant I can't see him quitting. Get to f**k now, Houston. 

He looked a broken man in the dugout for last 40 minutes. Kept looking at his watch, didn't shout once and was right up the tunnel at full time. The hard man routine last week backfired. He's not enjoying it any more and I can't see him dealing with the aggro for another 8 months.

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why do we keep wanting managers that have been here before. McCall, Hughes, Holt. I wouldn't take any of them. Advertise the job and see who applies.

Take Stevie Aitken if you want.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They were shit last season though. Surely wed be better going for the dumbarton manager who out managed mccall last season.

18 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I would not be against Aitken.

He has no clue how to set up a team to attack. If you want to win enough games to get promoted, he's not your man.

Hahahaha I said to the boy I was at the game with that people would be all over Harris praising or defending him cause he took a couple of tame shots when everyone else had stopped trying. He is an imposter and his first half performance was an embarrassment. Why are people defending him?

Watson was the worst on the park though. Channeling the spirit of Mehdi Khalis.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye he gets a player in his head and bullies them into submission.

This year's unfortunate recipient of his rage and fury is Harris.

My fury is actually more at Houston than the player. When you dread signing a player because you know their shit and yet the manager still goes ahead and signs him and lo and behold they turn out shit it feckin infuriates you.Money available for  3 new signings and he wastes part of it on Harris. 

Can look at things a lot of ways but after giving trouble training sessions and taking the days off away its probably going to have the wrong effect 1. because they are f*cked by the time saturday comes and 2.  would you bust a gut for someone thats just f*cked you about.

He was a legend as a player and to be fair he has done well as manager maybe it is time for change, i have a feeling if the board did opt for change why do i get a feeling we would see Pressley back.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Take Stevie Aitken if you want.

He has no clue how to set up a team to attack. If you want to win enough games to get promoted, he's not your man.

To be honest I was using aitken as an example of better options of performance than McCall. Aitken wouldn't be my first choice either.

My fury is actually more at Houston than the player. When you dread signing a player because you know their shit and yet the manager still goes ahead and signs him and lo and behold they turn out shit it feckin infuriates you.Money available for  3 new signings and he wastes part of it on Harris. 

We can argue all we want about whether Harris is up to it or if it's too early to judge, but it's mental that Houston signed him then essentially gave up on him after one league game. Sign a player cause you've done your research, you have a vision of how he fits in and then give him a chance to have a run in the team. I thought it was a rotten signing at the time but the manager should be backing himself and the signing.

What I can't forgive Houston for is not getting the RB position sorted out during the summer. IMO Muirhead is our best defender bar none but unfortunately is never a RB in a million years. Should be CB along with Grant and be the captain and we should have bought a decent RB who bombs down the wing rather than playing it backwards/square! Muirhead and Loy had a right ding dong during the first half. We need Muirhead at CB shouting orders all game. Too late now, Houston has made a c**t of it.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

We can argue all we want about whether Harris is up to it or if it's too early to judge, but it's mental that Houston signed him then essentially gave up on him after one league game. Sign a player cause you've done your research, you have a vision of how he fits in and then give him a chance to have a run in the team. I thought it was a rotten signing at the time but the manager should be backing himself and the signing.

He's done the same with kidd.

He's done the same with kidd.

Shepherd two year deal and he's behind O'Hara plus the three others. Pointless sub keeper on the books too.

Harris, Kidd, Mitchell and Shepherd alone will be 1500-2000 a week down the pan. One in every area of the park.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Shepherd two year deal and he's behind O'Hara plus the three others. Pointless sub keeper on the books too.

Harris, Kidd, Mitchell and Shepherd alone will be 1500-2000 a week down the pan. One in every area of the park.

Even giving the likes of Henderson a new deal is ludicrous. The guys 21 and can't make it anywhere near the first team. Why are we wasting cash on him.

Seriously but lads, are yous still going to win this league cos I'd hate to think I believed everything you's were saying before the season started and backed you's to win it. That's a quid I couldn't have spent elsewhere man.