The Falkirk FC Thread

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

we are back into the if it has a pulse and wears a blue jersey let's sell it.

12 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Swansea bid for Gallacher

That can't be true, BPM says we're selling anything with a pulse?

2 hours ago, drs said:

Think you may be expecting too much - after all wasn't it last year where someone with a straight face asked why players weren't being signed from the Juniors. On that basis I fully anticipate a question on how many Stirling Uni players is Houston planning to bring in.

That was the one a few years ago that got moved outside into the stand because of how many people showed up.

It was also at that one that the BoD confirmed they were looking into building a completely fourth stand at the same meeting they were saying we have no money. And the Bairns Trust guy essentially saying "give us money or don't have a club, your choice".

Also had that mental wifey who loved Steven Pressley tell us all to give him a chance as she was confident he was the man to win the league. Can't quite remember how that worked out.

Some other bits and bobs from a family member who was in attendance:

Looks like we're targeting two defenders for the loans, said some attempted loan players don't want to come play on our artificial pitch. One of the loans potentially could be permanent.

The players got blasted at half time on Saturday, too many excuses coming from players which has led to days off being cancelled till there's been an improvement.

We got £402,000 for finishing 2nd last season.

Inverness got 1million plus 500k parachute payment and 250k for Celtic being in the champions league.

37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We sharing the driving ?

Was actually meaning more from the point of view of the BOD wanting to cash in ASAP (whatever the fee) rather than any slight on the boy's ability. I think he could be a very good wing back with the right support.

Some other bits and bobs from a family member who was in attendance:

Looks like we're targeting two defenders for the loans, said some attempted loan players don't want to come play on our artificial pitch. One of the loans potentially could be permanent.

The players got blasted at half time on Saturday, too many excuses coming from players which has led to days off being cancelled till there's been an improvement.

We got £402,000 for finishing 2nd last season.

Inverness got 1million plus 500k parachute payment and 250k for Celtic being in the champions league.

I seriously don't know what ICT got in money last year has got anything to do with the mess we are in. What it does show however the finance available in the Premiership gives you a chance of balancing the books without whoring your better players for nothing. This 3-5 year plan will be another waste of paper like the last "review" they did 3 years ago. Ritchie and co need to go before anything will change. I believe that only Lex Miller of the MSG showed their face last night. Shows how interested that shower are.

Going by last night this could well be Houstons last year in the job. He stated that he would move aside and give someone else a chance if he failed to get us up this season. I thought he was at least honest and didnt try and make excuses for our poor start. On the other hand the new chief execs death by powerpoint nearly put me to sleep. Yes historically Falkirk are a second tier club but the Falkirk I started watching as a 5 year old is far different from the one today. Back then we had gates of about 1000 were in the bottom league and playing in a ramshackle old stadium. Now a days we've got the 8th biggest average support in Scotland , have great facilities and should be doing a lot better.

Had to laugh at the chairman coming out with the same old confidentiatility pish regarding the Stephen Kingsley deal . They'll do anything to stop us knowing how much we're due from these kind of deals so their not barracked for failing to reinvest  it in the side.