The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

One simple tactical move from Ross and we had no answer. He loaded Morgan with support onto Gallagher. After 20 minutes almost every move of theirs involved putting the ball in that quarter. Hippolyte had to abandon the excellent Loy-Austin-Hippo trio to track back and help Gallagher. Kerr and Grant also moved left to support him meaning Harris moved in too. When Loy went off, all our creativity disappeared so we only had the long ball option.

More generally, the keeper has to look at his positioning - done at the far post twice. Austin has to look beyond the tactic of hoping to get bumped in the box so he can go down.

Any manager worth his salt would have changed things tactically to cover for the issues out wide but he did absolutely nowt.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Any manager worth his salt would have changed things tactically to cover for the issues out wide but he did absolutely nowt.

Didn't really have a lot to play with. The only option I can see would have been to drop Hippo to LB and replace Gallagher with Craigen - Harris crossing to the left wing and Craigen going on the right. Pretty major surgery, three players being played out of position and probably would have resulted in chaos and done major harm to Gallagher's confidence.

We need a defensive left sided player.

I'd have moved hippo to the right taken off harris and stuck taiwo out left and told him to batter Morgan up and down the place. He's not left footed but I'm sure Morgan wouldn't know which foot he was kicking him with. Somebody needed to get physical with him.

Wow, that cuts deep. Fair play mate!

It wasn't meant to be, it was just a fact. Same reason Dundee fans drone on about their "history" and "huge support"

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd have moved hippo to the right taken off harris and stuck taiwo out left and told him to batter Morgan up and down the place. He's not left footed but I'm sure Morgan wouldn't know which foot he was kicking him with. Somebody needed to get physical with him.

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Taiwo on the left??? Come on now

He couldn't do any worse and like I say second half we were doing nothing attack wise on that wing anyway. As well getting him to stick on a few hefty challenges on Morgan to try and make him a bit more wary. If it doesn't work you just then take off Kerr and move taiwo into the middle and bring on craigen. Anything's better than what Houston did which was basically nothing.

Applied for the Hearts Job yet?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

In fairness, even that bit of tactical wisdom might not put Hearts off.

You've got to get physical with wingers. No point standing off them like Gallacher and letting them put in cross after cross. Look at big Grant against McMullan on the same ground. One crunching tackle and he couldn't wait to get off having given us a few problems to start with.

You've got to get physical with wingers. No point standing off them like Gallacher and letting them put in cross after cross. Look at big Grant against McMullan on the same ground. One crunching tackle and he couldn't wait to get off having given us a few problems to start with.

Shadwell how was ur Saturday night?

40 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Just over 1100 Falkirk fans yesterday. Tickets are sold with a seat number on them but its usually a case of sit where you like. At Away games I always ask stewards if I have to sit in the allocated seat and only have to do so when the stand is a sell-out (like at Easter Rd last season).  Yesterday the Away stand wasn't sold out so should be sit where you like.

Stewards wisdom can change by the minute. I recall an easter road visit where they sectioned off part of the lower tier, one steward says sit in your allocated seat another says sit anywhere then eventually they guide us to a top tier section, where taking tape of would've been the best idea.

Similar at Killie but they opened a lower section.

It sounds anal but perhaps the ticketed seat should be sat in, then move after 20 mins or so to a seat not taken, a complete sell out rarely happens

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That was probably the last cynical foul I have seen for us.....

9 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Shadwell how was ur Saturday night?

Pretty disappointing after the afternoons debacle. The league cup had given even me hope that I was wrong 're Harris and our full backs weaknesses but yesterday just highlighted both deficiencies. Probably why I'm overly negative at times . Every time you get a feeling of positiveness you usually get a right good kick in the nads.

Pretty disappointing after the afternoons debacle. The league cup had given even me hope that I was wrong 're Harris and our full backs weaknesses but yesterday just highlighted both deficiencies. Probably why I'm overly negative at times . Every time you get a feeling of positiveness you usually get a right good kick in the nads.

Mate get yourself down to warehouse. £1.50 a drink and they've got karaoke. Don't let Houston ruin ur weekend x

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You don't have to get physical to get the better of a winger. Take it from a winger, namely the late great Davie Cooper. Was at a football night many years ago in Aberdeen and Davie was one of the guests and by the way what a topper of a guy. Was asked by a Dons fan what it was like to play against Stewart Kennedy. Davie said this. Beating Stewart was the easy bit, he would jocky you , hold you up and when you got past him it was where he wanted you to go. You would not go 2 to 3 strides and his pace in recovery meant you were back to square one.  By that time Simpson , Cooper Miller etc would be all over you.  What Gallacher has is pace, so he needs good coaching on how to defend to his strengths. Could do a lot worse than getting the finest fullback Falkirk have produced in the last 50 years to show him how its done.