The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, kiddy said:

You do know who's name's first on the team sheet, don't you?

if he starts on tuesday i am seriously going to rip my knitting. tommy t is the man he'll kill the f*ck out of any livi shithouse

None of you criticising Grant ? I commented at the time when it was still 1-0 that he had started the game with  a pale complexion but after half an hour had a big red countenance and was blowing out his considerable arse ! He couldn't live with Sutton and Reilly all game !

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

None of you criticising Grant ? I commented at the time when it was still 1-0 that he had started the game with  a pale complexion but after half an hour had a big red countenance and was blowing out his considerable arse ! He couldn't live with Sutton and Reilly all game !

Grant had a bad game but he kept having to look over his shoulder to make sure Gallacher wasn't about to let another cross come in un-challenged. He might have looked good pre-season but his performance today was actually worse than his horror show at East end park last season in his brief stint in the first team. If anything he looked, today, like he'd gone backwards since then and looked a real downgrade on Leahy. I realise he's a young lad and has a lot to learn but he didn't look ready at all for me.

Houston's interview on Falkirk TV was utterly infuriating in the extreme but gave a fairly candid window into some of the issues today and last season as well. He singled out Harris, Muirhead, Grant, Austin and Thompson but somehow Gallacher and Kerr get a pass. We had zero grit in midfield and everything came streaming down our left hand side but apparently he didn't see any of that. Miller missed an absolute sitter and yet he's only bringing up Austin not scoring his chance and claiming we should have been 4-0 up early on. Is the man just blind to certain players having shit games? He says we need to play more as a team rather than individuals, then proceeds to single out individuals for criticism and has the nerve to say that the players will need to learn from their mistakes. Any chance you could learn from them too Peter? He calls out Grant for taking a free kick at the end of the game and says he feels that the full backs didn't get forward enough. Surely these are tactical situations that he should have gone through with the players prior to the game. If he wants the full backs to come forward more why isn't he communicating that to them? He can actually give instructions to players and if he can't what on earth is he doing to manage the team? When pressed on what he was going to do about right back situation he answered "I'll need to have a think about who can play there". The season has started Peter, you shouldn't have to think about that at this stage, you should have a back-up full back ready to play. If one suspension (to a player who is notoriously hot-headed and whom you have previously fallen out with) at the back is causing a crisis you might not have the strength in depth that is required.

I don't mind getting beat if we've just been beaten by a better team, and I actually though St Mirren looked quite decent when they got going today, but that interview has really left me with the impression that the manager can't see any of the bigger picture and the systemic issues within the team he's put out to play.

Oh and that's not even mentioning his choice of substitutions. If he genuinely thinks Gasparotto is a full back then we might want to begin the new manager search now as he'll be gone by christmas. 

3 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Grant had a bad game but he kept having to look over his shoulder to make sure Gallacher wasn't about to let another cross come in un-challenged. He might have looked good pre-season but his performance today was actually worse than his horror show at East end park last season in his brief stint in the first team. If anything he looked, today, like he'd gone backwards since then and looked a real downgrade on Leahy. I realise he's a young lad and has a lot to learn but he didn't look ready at all for me.

Houston's interview on Falkirk TV was utterly infuriating in the extreme but gave a fairly candid window into some of the issues today and last season as well. He singled out Harris, Muirhead, Grant, Austin and Thompson but somehow Gallacher and Kerr get a pass. We had zero grit in midfield and everything came streaming down our left hand side but apparently he didn't see any of that. Miller missed an absolute sitter and yet he's only bringing up Austin not scoring his chance and claiming we should have been 4-0 up early on. Is the man just blind to certain players having shit games? He says we need to play more as a team rather than individuals, then proceeds to single out individuals for criticism and has the nerve to say that the players will need to learn from their mistakes. Any chance you could learn from them too Peter? He calls out Grant for taking a free kick at the end of the game and says he feels that the full backs didn't get forward enough. Surely these are tactical situations that he should have gone through with the players prior to the game. If he wants the full backs to come forward more why isn't he communicating that to them? He can actually give instructions to players and if he can't what on earth is he doing to manage the team? When pressed on what he was going to do about right back situation he answered "I'll need to have a think about who can play there". The season has started Peter, you shouldn't have to think about that at this stage, you should have a back-up full back ready to play. If one suspension (to a player who is notoriously hot-headed and whom you have previously fallen out with) at the back is causing a crisis you might not have the strength in depth that is required.

I don't mind getting beat if we've just been beaten by a better team, and I actually though St Mirren looked quite decent when they got going today, but that interview has really left me with the impression that the manager can't see any of the bigger picture and the systemic issues within the team he's put out to play.

Oh and that's not even mentioning his choice of substitutions. If he genuinely thinks Gasparotto is a full back then we might want to begin the new manager search now as he'll be gone by christmas. 

East end park horror show? Are you having a laugh? He had a very poor game against Morton but was fine at east end even set up a goal.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Not a great deal I disagree with. He often struggles when up against a big target man & tries to hard to out battle them & puts all his energy into that. Also him taking more responsibility for starting our attacks was a trend that crept in at the end of last season. I remember losing count at the number of times he kicked it straight out and offered a wee apologetic wave. Stick to what he is good at & let the more creative players do the rest.

My dislike & distrust for Houston was certainly not diminished by yesterday's game, however the players have got to shoulder a large percentage of the blame as too many went hiding & made repeated errors time and time again.

Maybe the positive from yesterday is that weaknesses we all know about were highlighted and hopefully can be addressed, although I won't hold my breath.

Another significant positive was the start of the game. We started well and that rarely happened last season. It was often the case of Houston having to employ recovery subs to turn round our fortunes, so to start well was encouraging.

Think maybe I'm clutching at straws tho.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No point in getting too down beat just yet I think. That got embarrassing yesterday, and should act as a rocket up the arse of Houston and the players. Let them off with one of those but we better not see another.

Unfortunately, we've been plagued with "one of those" for the best part of a year now. 

James Fowler is an angry young man. I enjoy him in the opposing dugout as he reacts to every little shout & then tries to dish out some weird sort of death stare. However it was pointed out to check out his twitter feed as an explanation of his rage yesterday. Seems poor wee James didn't have the best holiday & having it out with the company on twitter is not going well for him. A real shame.

Well we knew that was coming if we were hit with pace, pity Houston can't see the problems we have seen for a while.

I would rather he came out in an interview and told us why he can't strengthen the glaring issues rather than openly slate individuals he puts in that position.

If we are going to persist with Muirhead in any position in the team, any chance we can send him to anger classes?

He's not been the same player since he returned from injury and looks like he has a mistake in him at any moment. Yesterday he went rampaging to challenge for headers that pulled him way out of position, leaving others exposed. He should be commanding but sensible. Based on yesterday, our back 4 looks a real weakness.

25 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

He's not been the same player since he returned from injury and looks like he has a mistake in him at any moment. Yesterday he went rampaging to challenge for headers that pulled him way out of position, leaving others exposed. He should be commanding but sensible. Based on yesterday, our back 4 looks a real weakness.

I don't think he had any confidence in his left back which didn't help. Watson also had a very poor game . 3rd goal he was pretty culpable in letting Reilly run 30 yards with no challenge. 

Kind of grew arms and legs, mostly from Pars fans that he had a mare that day. Didnt see it myself either.

He was shite, for some reason Falkirk fans seemed desperate for him to be amazing. He could improve but he's got allot to improve on.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bad day at the office or a sign of problems with quality , quantity and attitude ? Time will tell !  But get behind the team when they are on the park. Can anybody remember the last time we started a season flying out the blocks ? I can't

No and that's one of the many reasons why we've been stuck in this league for the past 7 or 8 years. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He was shite, for some reason Falkirk fans seemed desperate for him to be amazing. He could improve but he's got allot to improve on.

He was in no way shite just as he in no way was he amazing. He was assured and set up our goal with a very good assist. Mind you yesterday he had Morgan against him who was excellent and not a sand dancer like McMullan.

Edited by Shadwell Dog