The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We made £1.2m profit two seasons ago. We are now potless. What part of financial mismanagement do you not get?

I missed this little gem.  Do you understand the difference between profit and loss, and a balance sheet?  Or did you get thrown out of the board for making inane financial comments?

7 hours ago, spratte said:

just waiting to see sibbs and loy interlink will be f*cking immense

Loy won't be giving a f**k about having a jobber like Sibbald as a team mate. He already linked up with Stevie Mallan last season so anything else is a clear step down. :)

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Loy won't be giving a f**k about having a jobber like Sibbald as a team mate. He already linked up with Stevie Mallan last season so anything else is a clear step down. :)

he wasnt slow to jump off the jack ross express when the navy blue juggernaut rocked into town

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

More worried about Mark Kerr and Mckee tbh, I reckon your line up looks better without Sibbald. There wasn't a centre mid last season who put in a performance as good as what Mark Kerr did against us, and for that half against Utd, it's fortunate he seems to losing some stamina now though.

I'd have Craigan and Mckee as better players in the albeit short time I've seen them, you're starting eleven seems allot more balanced without trying to shoehorn Sibbald in at left mid.

I appreciate that he's Falkirk daft but he's wildly overrated by Falkirk fans, it's why when all your decent prospects were getting sold for big monies no one was interested and it's why he's just failed to win a contract at Luton, just whisper it, but when that Falkirk fan a while back said Sibbald wasn't in the top 50 Falkirk players, or even midfielders, he was probably correct.

you may well be correct but for the bulk of the last two seasons he has played down the left. i would like to see him in the no 10 role in our new look team, he was after all iirc our top scorer last season so he is not all that merde.

dont get me wrong both mckee and craigen are decent attacking players too and mark kerr when on form just bosses the midfield unfortunately last season he went through a bad patch so got shot down on here as you would expect from our drama queen support. oh and theres always tommy t.

guess well see what with injuries and all that what combo works best

18 minutes ago, spratte said:

you may well be correct but for the bulk of the last two seasons he has played down the left. i would like to see him in the no 10 role in our new look team, he was after all iirc our top scorer last season so he is not all that merde.

dont get me wrong both mckee and craigen are decent attacking players too and mark kerr when on form just bosses the midfield unfortunately last season he went through a bad patch so got shot down on here as you would expect from our drama queen support. oh and theres always tommy t.

Think the names you mentioned just show the depth we have right now with current performances, i'd love to see him back even just to get the send off he deserves but he would really need to compete for the jersey.

Houstie saying he has his preferred X1 in mind for next Saturday.

Personally, think it'll be:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant
Gallacher

Harris
McKee
Taiwo
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

Subs: Mitchell, Gasparotto, Kerr, Craigen, Shepherd, O'Hara, Miller

The only change to that bench I reckon will be if Sibbald signs back on this week & then Shepherd will probably drop out.

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant
Gallacher

Harris
McKee
Taiwo
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

The only change to that bench I reckon will be if Sibbald signs back on this week & then Shepherd will probably drop out.

I agree with all this. Only concern is the cover at full backs if either gets a knock.

gotta think that week in Budapest really did the boys the world of good in terms of fitness and camaraderie.

as much as it was a shambles for the fans in terms of games, although probably not many moans for people that went out there, i think it has given us a massive head start.

I agree with all this. Only concern is the cover at full backs if either gets a knock.

Don't disagree although worse case Hippolyte & Watson can also play full back.

Assume the chances of Kidd being on the bench is now gone too.

Don't disagree although worse case Hippolyte & Watson can also play full back.

Assume the chances of Kidd being on the bench is now gone too.

Hippolyte at left back would be the equivalent of the Blair Alston at right back debacle of a couple of seasons ago.

In this thread and the Fifers one, coupled with the battle of East End Park last season, it is starting to maybe appear, just a wee bit, like the Fifers would absolutely LOVE to beat us despite all the protests last season.....

Not happening bitches.

Personally I'd prefer to see us roll over and let you win 4 times to keep Dundee Utd down

55 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant
Gallacher

Harris
McKee
Taiwo
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerr keep his place and Shepherd is the teachers pet above O'Hara

2 hours ago, spratte said:

I've never got the number 10 role is Sibbalds best role, he doesn't posses a killer pass, shooting can be wayward especially when he shifts his whole body to use left foot. Sibbs best season was wide left of which he never really recreated the same level of consistency of that season, his best performance of last season was left mid.

His skill, link up play and freedom to cut in all on his preferred left side for me will always be his best position, history shows that to be the case

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Personally I'd prefer to see us roll over and let you win 4 times to keep Dundee Utd down

Financial wisdom of a Fifer, rather lose £s with losing us and keep Utd down