The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Reality of a bench tho is striker for striker, midfielder for midfielder most weeks and if we get a striker in, I suppose Miller gives us the striker option with O'Hara and Shepherd pushing.

McKee, Craigen, Harris, Hippo, Kerr, Taiwo, possibly Sibbald, only 4 of 6/7 can start (Kidd can also play centre mid)

We need a left back and striker in but I don't see much of a difference to last season regarding the bench

He has been good for us, felt some classed his age afore his performance at times.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went only for match days, I'm sure Andy Rodgers trained with Shire when he was at Peterhead

Wish him good luck but never convinced by him ..way too many ricks in him & at times too easily beaten.....that's before I mention the cup final which he was at least partly responsible.

Is Houston not in Budapest this week tho?

There are others who can write and talk at the club however unbelievable that may sound

19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Once Houston has told the board who the target is isn't that his job done?

Can't see a manager being involved after identifying the target.

I suppose if the negotiations prove more costly than first expected they would need to say to him well do u want to spend this much more of your budget no?

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I suppose if the negotiations prove more costly than first expected they would need to say to him well do u want to spend this much more of your budget no?

A phonecall then.

Basically the point being made here is Houston doesn't need to be at Westfield to sign a player.

17 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Team bonding? No family distractions? And nice trip for supporters but what are the benefits of an away pre season? Waste of money or good value? Discuss please...

I really don't see the benefits of this over the usual trip to Ireland and the trip to Ireland always seems far better organised.

Good for the fans that can afford the time off work and money to go as well as doing the usual family holidays.

Not sure how this is being funded for the club but if money is as tight as is being made out then I would say a training base closer to home would have been better.

What would we do with the money saved anyway? Spend it on the team to try and get promoted, to then try and get to a Europa League qualifier so we could go for a piss up in Europe somewhere. I'm all for the club doing this and I'm spewing that I couldn't get the time off work tbh. Prague next year pls.

What would we do with the money saved anyway? Spend it on the team to try and get promoted, to then try and get to a Europa League qualifier so we could go for a piss up in Europe somewhere. I'm all for the club doing this and I'm spewing that I couldn't get the time off work tbh. Prague next year pls.

Your probably right but I just feel with the money we would have saved by staying at home we could have given McCracken a 5 year deal.

An opportunity missed in my opinion [emoji16]