Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

33,678 posts in this topic

We won't win the league next season, sounds like we will be budgeting for 4th & hoping for the best.

What basis are you using for this? I am not confident that we will be spunking a load of cash, but equally I think its a bit early to be throwing about this sort of patter

What basis are you using for this? I am not confident that we will be spunking a load of cash, but equally I think its a bit early to be throwing about this sort of patter

A conversation I had with someone post match that seems to know what's what.

I fully expect the team to be a bit more "youthful" next season. Wouldn't be shocked to see Maybury in & Houstie into the directors box tbh.

Maybury in the dugout and Houstie in some sort of Director of football role doesn't exactly fill me with excitement in fact gives me the heeby Jeebies, no thanks!!

If I hear Houston or the board saying top 4 is the aim next season I might greet.

We've got to go for the league next season. Bring it right oan.

We all need to wait and see what happens close season.

I am sure there will be players in and out. Will be tough next season that's for sure. 

Crowds over the whole league will be down. Jobs are away and potentially Utd. We will have Livvy and Brechin/Alloa.

We will be the main scalp for teams next year. Tough but good times ahead.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

A conversation I had with someone post match that seems to know what's what.

I fully expect the team to be a bit more "youthful" next season. Wouldn't be shocked to see Maybury in & Houstie into the directors box tbh.

Was a 'youthful' player who turned us over last night. No complaints on this strategy for me as long as there's a peppering of experience throughout. 

In terms of players it's hard to say without understanding how the board will set up, who should stay and go. We have an ok squad if we are targeting playoffs.

Thomson

Grant & Gallagher, possibly Muirhead plus RB and youngsters for defenders

In the middle- Hippo and Sibbs - replace Aird, Kerr, McKee, Taiwo and Craigen with someone of Vaulks ilk with a young RM and backups from academy.

Miller and Austin up front. Replace Baird & McHugh with 1 better player and support from academy.

it was said before, around 3 quality signings we'd need. But we could easily move out 7/8 'first team' players and I wouldn't be disappointed. Having the better depth did not help us this year and again having Grant as only solid CH essentially cost us.

I think you will find Maybury will turn into a top manager one day.

Based on what?

Based on what?

"I've spoken to people in the game who rate him highly" incoming, imo.

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think you will find Maybury will turn into a top manager one day.

Agreed. He's done extremely well with the U20s this season.

Would Maybury be the likely successor? What about James McDonaugh?

I would definitely keep Craigen, in fact first name on the team sheet. Get him in the hole behind the strikers. Best shot in the team bar none.

I would definitely keep Craigen, in fact first name on the team sheet. Get him in the hole behind the strikers. Best shot in the team bar none.

Proved his worth in the last 2 games but he needs to continue it.

Proved his worth in the last 2 games but he needs to continue it.

In the last two fixtures he has been encouraged to come inside and interchange with McKee. They have a good understanding so I'd be inclined to keep both as our central midfield partnership next season. Craigen isn't a right mid/winger and is wasted out there. We need to find a decent RB and RM during the summer and asap before every other club snaps them while Houston is still fannying about!

Assuming Leahy and sibbald both go (Hope not) then I would want following squad

Thompson

New right back (Muirhead for back up)
Centre halfs - (between Grant Watson muirhead)
Left back - gallacher

Holding midfield - McKee taiwo
Attacking midfield - hippo craigen sign another

Strikers - Austin ohara sign two others

Let go wage wise

McCracken (retire)
Kidd
Gaspo (decent but have 3 here)
Kerr (Good but not the future)
Baird
McHugh
Shepherd
Miller (retire)
Sibbald (Will leave)
Leahy (Will leave)

That's a lot of freed up wages there. We will be one of the biggest clubs next year so no excuses about budgets

37 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

He still has a year on his contract 

13 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Assuming Leahy and sibbald both go (Hope not) then I would want following squad

Thompson

New right back (Muirhead for back up)
Centre halfs - (between Grant Watson muirhead)
Left back - gallacher

Holding midfield - McKee taiwo
Attacking midfield - hippo craigen sign another

Strikers - Austin ohara sign two others

Let go wage wise

McCracken (retire)
Kidd
Gaspo (decent but have 3 here)
Kerr (Good but not the future)
Baird
McHugh
Shepherd
Miller (retire)
Sibbald (Will leave)
Leahy (Will leave)

That's a lot of freed up wages there. We will be one of the biggest clubs next year so no excuses about budgets

Shepard just signed a new deal,also Luca and Bring Kidd are still under contract for another year.

I suppose that the only consolation of last night's capitulation is that we won't have to play in the Premiership next season! Fucking horrible league where shitfest 0-0 draws away to the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock would be seen as good results. I won't miss the abuse that we take at Ibrox (in particular) or Parkhead either.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I suppose that the only consolation of last night's capitulation is that we won't have to play in the Premiership next season! Fucking horrible league where shitfest 0-0 draws away to the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock would be seen as good results. I won't miss the abuse that we take at Ibrox (in particular) or Parkhead either.

That reeks of no getting invited to a party "Aye I didni want to go anyway, that Brenda is an arsehole along wi her dug." 

The Premiership is exactly where we should want to be. Higher standard of football with bigger and better atmospheres. I've been following the side for 24 years and have never experienced the 'abuse' at Parkhead or Ibrox and I'd much rather battling for draws against Motherwell/Kilmarnock rather than away to Dumbarton/Brechin next season. 

Great to welcome you all back after you were looking like heading to the top division for an hour last night. Disappointed to be losing our proper derby so we can take some solace in retaining the Fauxkirk Derby instead.

Looking forward to heading to your patch a couple of times next season where we can avenge our poorest performances of last season. I hope your pricing remains the same as reluctantly have to praise your board on that. We can also resume hostilities and take care of unfinished business at East End. A fixture that is already a must in next year's calendar. Admit it, you didn't fancy the top division anyway?

Hope Hamilton drop as well as we have similar unfinished business with them.

See you next season and "keep dancing". x