The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would'very thought that after last year we would've got better technology up and running straight away to ease this issue. A decent online booking system that allows season ticket holders to go on and book their own seats immediately for starters. That then cuts out 3000 odd straight away without any queues needed for them at all. Then a simple points system for non season ticket holders. Can't be that difficult to issue a card which gets updated every game you go to. Their next in the list. After that you get a simple public sale online, on the phone or in person at the ground.  I mean footballs been selling ticjets for years and yet we still haven't a clue how to do it properly. It's ridiculous.

I believe that a new ticketing system to address these sort of issues is being looked at. There are a few things going on behind the scenes to improve the service to fans, of which the announcement today is an example. They're never going to please everyone but at least they're putting the effort in to make things better.  

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe that a new ticketing system to address these sort of issues is being looked at. There are a few things going on behind the scenes to improve the service to fans, of which the announcement today is an example. They're never going to please everyone but at least they're putting the effort in to make things better.  

How long does it take though? This should've been looked at straight after the killie game a year ago. I think if they'd said season ticket holders can get 1 extra ticket then no one would've complained.

Other than the 10 extra tickets limit I don't see any issues with the communication or how they plan to sell to be honest.

I'd love to be able to just add the game to my ST card & that facility does currently exist but for whatever reason they don't want to use that currently.

With respect they have been talking about a "new ticketing system" since George Craig was there. I will believe it when I see it

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With respect they have been talking about a "new ticketing system" since George Craig was there. I will believe it when I see it

Fair answer, particularly if it's been on the "to do" list for so long.

I can reserve my seat on a train at the far end of Europe and then print off my ticket seconds later in the comfort of my own house. If Falkirk want to make it easier for fans to attend games and thus increase attendances and revenue, they have to offer the same facility. It's a no-brainer and simply HAS to happen sooner or later. Failing to do so would be like a business refusing to use the internet. Commercial suicide.

I don't know why it hasn't been done before. I do know it's on the agenda now, and I also trust the people involved to make it happen.

I work shifts, I didn't buy a season ticket but have been to the majority of home games, quite a few development games and a couple of away games, I also bought a 2017 ffc callender and a Falkirk mug by rights I should be worried about getting a ticket as over 30,000 can be given to season ticket holders, roughly equal to the population of Falkirk and more than we took to the cup final! however (in reality!) most of our support is local, the vast majority either have a season ticket or know someone who has, I'd suggest the % of our support who regularly patg and don't know anyone with a season ticket is very very small. as has been said on this thread, how many posters here missed out last season or know anyone who did? this is a non issue and just shows how many of our support just like to complain about everything the club does.

having said that, the club should look at the technology out there, a loyalty scheme based on number of games attended is an excellent idea.

Fair answer, particularly if it's been on the "to do" list for so long.

I can reserve my seat on a train at the far end of Europe and then print off my ticket seconds later in the comfort of my own house. If Falkirk want to make it easier for fans to attend games and thus increase attendances and revenue, they have to offer the same facility. It's a no-brainer and simply HAS to happen sooner or later. Failing to do so would be like a business refusing to use the internet. Commercial suicide.

I don't know why it hasn't been done before. I do know it's on the agenda now, and I also trust the people involved to make it happen.

Agree, they won't invest in more than one CC machine FFS. All talk as ever. Their IT investment strategy seems to be "oh I know we should do it, HOW MUCH?"

They can't rely on the Ukraine building something for washers any more.

8 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I work shifts, I didn't buy a season ticket but have been to the majority of home games, quite a few development games and a couple of away games, I also bought a 2017 ffc callender and a Falkirk mug by rights I should be worried about getting a ticket as over 30,000 can be given to season ticket holders, roughly equal to the population of Falkirk and more than we took to the cup final! however (in reality!) most of our support is local, the vast majority either have a season ticket or know someone who has, I'd suggest the % of our support who regularly patg and don't know anyone with a season ticket is very very small. as has been said on this thread, how many posters here missed out last season or know anyone who did? this is a non issue and just shows how many of our support just like to complain about everything the club does.

having said that, the club should look at the technology out there, a loyalty scheme based on number of games attended is an excellent idea.

The whole idea behind complaining is so that something gets done about it otherwise you have the same situation year on year. Again their  using a workaround of basically hoping the season ticket holders hoover up all the tickets so that they  don't have to  bother selling tickets to a queue of patg punters. They'll do anything to stop having to spend any cash on something that will actually get to the root of the issue and solve it properly.

On 17/04/2017 at 18:32, Back Post Misses said:

Is this our support the day you won the league when you were cheating ? If it is I applaud everyone who didn't go. I view it with pride that we had very few who went.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

She must have trained up that redhead lassie. What a sour pus she has.

personally, I adore that lassie, ginger, Scottish sounds a bit common, a sour pus....my dream lass. 

Considering how many concert tickets we've sold in the last 5 years and of course 2 semis and 1 final from the shop I find it unbelievable we have 1 machine for card payments.

Why are thieves stealing a couple of quid from Denny bookies when their must be Thousands lying at our stadium and only a couple of lassies to stop it happening?

Edited by Gaz FFC

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Considering how many concert tickets we've sold in the last 5 years and of course 2 semis and 1 final from the shop I find it unbelievable we have 1 machine for card payments.

Why are thieves stealing a couple of quid from Denny bookies when their must be Thousands lying at our stadium and only a couple of lassies to stop it happening?

BSLM and Peter Grant IMO.

Would you try to waltz in and take the safe with those two around? 

Me neither.

On a serious note, they should let the club know about all this internet technology. You can do incredible things with it like sell tickets and take card payments with no need for extra equipment at all. Quite incredible stuff tbh.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Agree, they won't invest in more than one CC machine FFS. All talk as ever. Their IT investment strategy seems to be "oh I know we should do it, HOW MUCH?"

They can't rely on the Ukraine building something for washers any more.

They're a bunch of tight b*****ds with almost zero commercial acumen. None of this is new or surprising. 

11 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Don't get me wrong, she's a wee cracker but god she is grumpy.

I reckon they get dragged down to that the longer they work there to be honest. I popped in to get a top for my boy the day she started and she was very friendly and enthusiastic.