The Falkirk FC Thread

:lol:
Do you seriously think his release was a convenient coincidence? He clearly asked to be released BECAUSE he had an offer from Falkirk which included a further season where he will feel he will likely be your no. 1 once your loan keeper goes back.

Spot on.

Although, I doubt he'll be our number 1 next season.

Ronnie Bateman was 100% a Falkirk fan and his efforts were done for the good of the team not the board, don't forget he allowed Will Vaulks to stay at his house. It's time our fans realised that we have a serious issue with the Chairman.

Vaulks had a flat up Lochgreen Road which a mate of mine rented to him

32 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Ronnie Bateman was 100% a Falkirk fan and his efforts were done for the good of the team not the board, don't forget he allowed Will Vaulks to stay at his house. It's time our fans realised that we have a serious issue with the Chairman.

Wasn't he hung out to dry for ripping off a charity?

I have been busy recently and it may have all been a mistake but that was the last I read on the matter.

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Carrying out the instructions of MR. Used as the fall guy.

I accept that isn't as bad but being a glove puppet and having your name dragged through the dirt for Ritchie seems weird in not defending yourself.

I accept that isn't as bad but being a glove puppet and having your name dragged through the dirt for Ritchie seems weird in not defending yourself.

Ronnie is well capable of defending himself. I am sure he will too when he feels the time is appropriate.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ronnie is well capable of defending himself. I am sure he will too when he feels the time is appropriate.

He maybe does but if he thinks he looks clever saying nothing whilst mud is being thrown at him then he is very much mistaken.

I've spoken wi plenty fans who don't have a high opinion of him because of the allegations. He's not helping himself here.

Edited by Gaz FFC

He maybe does but if he thinks he looks clever saying nothing whilst mud is being thrown at him then he is very much mistaken.
I've spoken wi plenty fans who don't have a high opinion of him because of the allegations. He's not helping himself here.

I would doubt he is thinking he is clever.

What is this guy Peter Grant that we are signing for you like..Apparently there is a small development fee involved 

I was gonna say good effort but it's really not in any way for the following reasons:

- he's under contract
- he started at Peterborough so there would be no development fee due

But apart from that yeah he will be an excellent signing for you.

Watson, Shepperd, McCracken and Rankin can all leave tonight if they wish.

Harsh as f**k on McCracken. Been solid this season. Easily our best centre back so far. Craigen should be punted at the first opportunity however.

Up front we've got a problem we've got too many strikers. As much as I really do like Baird he would probably be the one I would be letting go, more than likely in the summer. I would be going with McHugh and Austin/O'Hara as our first choice with O'Hara/Austin and Miller as our replacements. I know Austin has had his fair share of injury problems this season so I would be looking to bring him gradually into the team this season with a view to him being a key player next season.

Anybody know what's up with O'Hara's loan if he's due back or staying at East Fife?

With regards the Robbie Thomson signing I don't see why we didn't save the wage and go with McMinn as our back up until the summer.

Mehmet wasn't given the chance he deserved. Can't understand why we are wasting money on developing another clubs keeper. Mehmet had to be replaced, no full time club can run with only 2 keepers, McMinn maybe not ready for first team but is more than capable of being a no2, I'd be happy with him and Thompson next season, but will still need another, nothing coming through academy I'm told.