The Falkirk FC Thread

Herald says we submitted the evidence on Tuesday etc. Can't see what has made them change their mind a day later. I also can't see why everything's so hush hush regarding the reason for withdrawing. It would appear that everything to do with our club is a secret these days.

Heard a few rumblings that the board are unhappy with PH and the lack of youth players coming into the 1st team and won't be long until he is gone!

Also heard the pitch is fooked already and will cost a good few quid to sort. 

Utter shite.

If you think refereeing is bad just now then you should see the new lot coming up through the Juniors just now. Unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Heard a few rumblings that the board are unhappy with PH and the lack of youth players coming into the 1st team and won't be long until he is gone!

If that's the case then they certainly didn't show any sign of it at AGM.  Money being put away every season to pay for renewing pitch when required  in a few years time and Houston was praised for the teams performances last season. 

14 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Congratulations on the wettest knickers known to man

Listen son, I don't think that I'm being at all naive in being concerned with recent events.

Several board members leaving in quick succession, real 'Falkirk Men' does concern me then all this stuff with Taiwos appeal is enough to think we have trouble ahead. Further comments about pitch being fucked too? It's a bloody mess and anyone can see that we'll be struggling come the summer with no players to sell or cup run, the 'cash in bank' will evaporate in a single summer.  Opportunity missed again by Houston and the board to get us up and out this hole.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What opportunity has been missed by Houston exactly?

Quite obvious, rather than wasting money on the guys he's signed get some better quality in and supplement with youth. No doubt he's a better coach than Pressley or Holt but they done miles better on player recruitment with much lesser budgets.

Edited by BountyBairn

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

So I guess you are basing that on a quarter of a season then since last season we surpassed everyones expectations and came a lot closer than anyone expected to promotion, and the season before we reached the cup final?

These aren't new achievements, we're fortunate enough to be regularly at Hampden given our relative size with several 'almost' got there with semis and finals. We frequently are 'close'  to promotion as well. 

Houston has bought very poorly since coming in. Muirhead, Watson, Austin, Hippolyte aren't the same stuff as Grant, Leahy and Vaulks - no where near it. Yet he's had deeper pockets than Pressley.

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

These aren't new achievements, we're fortunate enough to be regularly at Hampden given our relative size with several 'almost' got there with semis and finals. We frequently are 'close'  to promotion as well. 

Houston has bought very poorly since coming in. Muirhead, Watson, Austin, Hippolyte aren't the same stuff as Grant, Leahy and Vaulks - no where near it. Yet he's had deeper pockets than Pressley.

Was it not Holt that brought in Grant?

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Was it not Holt that brought in Grant?

No. bought by Pressley and played by Holt IIRC.

Even if it was though the point stands, Houston hasn't signed anyone of the standard and potential of his predecessors.

Edited by BountyBairn

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

You are still judging his signings on the back of a handful of games. You must be since least season was unexpectedly good. And its a handful of games in which we are in touch with what has to be our realistic target which is play offs.

Whilst I agree that we arent as good as last season, lets not forget there were some piss poor games last season too.

Didnt Houston sign Baird? And its also a bit early to be writing off Austin wouldnt you say?

Some decent points here. But what do we mean handful of games? Is it not only Gasparotto, Austin and Craigen who came in during the summer? Neither of the latter two have been good enough to get much game time. Gasparotto has been ok, getting better as the season progresses. He's compensating for Muirhead and Watson though - who both been here since before the summmer.

I like Houston, but he's bought the wrong people if they can't get a game and we've not exactly been playing that great.

Far too early to judge signings, yep some could do better hitting the ground running quicker but look at Leahy, I think 3yr on before he became a regular and at a position he was never played at under the two previous managers.

Craigen has barely had much game time, Austin injured every 2nd week, Rankin a decent squad player but as mentioned not in middle with Kerr, Luca had a slow start but has come on, Kidd I'm not convinced with but won't write him off, I thot his best game for us was pre season in the centre mid an area we are overly covered. 

The one thing I'd be aggrieved about is poor use of the loan market, Hibs used it well last Season, QOS, Morton, Raith and Dumbarton have used the system better than we have in recent years

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Kidd Rankin and Henderson too. I quite like Kidd. Some prefer Muirhead to him. I quite like Muirhead too if im being honest. Rankin was an odd one given we have Kerr and Taiwo who are both better imo, but I have no issue with Rankin as a player. He just cant play beside Kerr. If Kerr was injured, Rankin is as good a replacement/backup as we could ask for

Whilst I agree that they arent inspired signings, I am willing to give them more than the games wev had so far to prove themselves.

I have high hopes for Austin and I belive Craigen will prove to be a good squad player.

Forgot about Kidd. He was doing i before injury actually in fairness. 

I guess it's just frustrating as imagine Rankin and Craigens wages together could have got us a player of a better calibre, maybe a good player for right mid! 

Same goes for Watson and Muirhead though Muirhead being able to play RB means he's got some utility other than at CB.

I don't believe Craigen will come good and the Austin situation isn't great if he's seen sitting behind McHugh, Baird, Miller and Shepherd - none of which have been great so far this season.

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Far too early to judge signings, yep some could do better hitting the ground running quicker but look at Leahy, I think 3yr on before he became a regular and at a position he was never played at under the two previous managers.

Craigen has barely had much game time, Austin injured every 2nd week, Rankin a decent squad player but as mentioned not in middle with Kerr, Luca had a slow start but has come on, Kidd I'm not convinced with but won't write him off, I thot his best game for us was pre season in the centre mid an area we are overly covered. 

The one thing I'd be aggrieved about is poor use of the loan market, Hibs used it well last Season, QOS, Morton, Raith and Dumbarton have used the system better than we have in recent years

Good point on loan market. We've got Danny Rogers who definitely improves the squad.

Suprised Houstons not went to Celtic for any loans actually given his role there before coming to us.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Listen son, I don't think that I'm being at all naive in being concerned with recent events.

Several board members leaving in quick succession, real 'Falkirk Men' does concern me then all this stuff with Taiwos appeal is enough to think we have trouble ahead. Further comments about pitch being fucked too? It's a bloody mess and anyone can see that we'll be struggling come the summer with no players to sell or cup run, the 'cash in bank' will evaporate in a single summer.  Opportunity missed again by Houston and the board to get us up and out this hole.

Interesting to note we won't have a cup run this season. Could you also use your psychic abilities to say what the draw for the Scottish will be, along with the scores as i'd like to pop along to the bookies and win a few hundred thousand, thanks in advance for the help!! 

14 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Who is this alias then ?

11 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

What a nick you are getting yourself in. Crabbit, moany faced old duffer. We are in a tougher league this season and that's on the back of a season in which we surpassed all expectations. We are not far off where we probably should be sitting with the team we have. I suggest you save your frilly drenching, feet stomping, tantrum until our position on the league is assessed after at least half of the season is over for f**k sake.