The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm amused that you seem to think Pressleys replacement will be some sort of bonafide 'football manager' :blink:

Yes, with Coco and Bozo in charge, that most likely is a triumph of optimism over reality.

On the plus side, Jocky Scott isn't available.

Having spoken to a few "hardcore" Falkirk fans over the weekend, the types who never miss a game, it's really quite alarming what Pressley and co have done to us.

There's guys who have been going for 20 years that won't be at another game this season and won't be renewing their season tickets in the summer. I thought our season ticket uptake was excellent considering the disaster of last season and our dreadful management team and squad of players. It's the first time I've not had a season in a long time, and this season I've missed more games than I've been to - and I won't be there again until Pressley is sacked.

It might be too late now to be honest to save next season. Even if Pressley is sacked and a new manager is appointed who at least looks competent, i can see fans holding back on the ST money and saying "we'll see what you get on the park, before I give you £300".

The most frustrating thing about this is that it was so avoidable. When we relegated Inverness, went to the cup final and Hughes left we had a chance. The board blew it with their, almost negligent decision to appoint May. Whoever was responsible for that (I'm looking at you Craig) should already be away.

To compound this idiocy they waited too long to sack May, and, not happy with that, appointed the equally inept Pressley. 2 for 2 George. Well done. Even at this point, had we appointed a proper manager and not the incompetent we have in charge, this season might have been very different.

The useless 'tards in charge of the club better actually look at some of the 40 odd applicants they will get for the job this time. The next managerial appointment might decide our future for the next decade.

Having spoken to a few "hardcore" Falkirk fans over the weekend, the types who never miss a game, it's really quite alarming what Pressley and co have done to us.

There's guys who have been going for 20 years that won't be at another game this season and won't be renewing their season tickets in the summer. I thought our season ticket uptake was excellent considering the disaster of last season and our dreadful management team and squad of players. It's the first time I've not had a season in a long time, and this season I've missed more games than I've been to - and I won't be there again until Pressley is sacked.

It might be too late now to be honest to save next season. Even if Pressley is sacked and a new manager is appointed who at least looks competent, i can see fans holding back on the ST money and saying "we'll see what you get on the park, before I give you £300".

The most frustrating thing about this is that it was so avoidable. When we relegated Inverness, went to the cup final and Hughes left we had a chance. The board blew it with their, almost negligent decision to appoint May. Whoever was responsible for that (I'm looking at you Craig) should already be away.

To compound this idiocy they waited too long to sack May, and, not happy with that, appointed the equally inept Pressley. 2 for 2 George. Well done. Even at this point, had we appointed a proper manager and not the incompetent we have in charge, this season might have been very different.

The useless 'tards in charge of the club better actually look at some of the 40 odd applicants they will get for the job this time. The next managerial appointment might decide our future for the next decade.

I actually can't argue with any of that. What we've had to put up with over the past 4 seasons is dreadful. We're so predictable to play against, we can all see it, but the manager won't change it or even worse doesn't know how to!!!

I will still go to every game I can, but I won't be renewing my season ticket next season.

What you said about the hardcore diehards is spot on, when you start to lose them that's it.

A lot of guys will be speaking out of anger Hannibal, and we'll see what they do in the summer. If you've been an ST holder for that long, probably easier to say in January than May "f**k it, I'm not going next season".

I wondered at the time if the great take up on seasons this summer actually wasn't good news, perversely. Did it legitimise the current regime for another year?

I wonder if George is already penning this summer's letter. I still remember some of the gems from last summer. I'll have a stab at the positives for this offering :-

"Hello Bairns,

PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

Naturally, we are all disappointed that this season did not see us retake our position in the Scottish Premier League. However, we did secure our first top half league finish for some years now (that last game against Cowdenbeath was very tense and exciting, I'm sure you will all agree!) and congratulations to Steven and the rest of the backroom staff for that.

Other highlights of the season saw the introduction of several other Academy (isn't the Academy great? It's great isn't it? Great...) players and the further development of young Falkirk born talent, like Thomas Scobbie. I'm sure all fans would join me in delighting in the fact several players were born in the district. Celtic won the European Cup with Glasgow based players - maybe we will too, with our Academy talent in the future. I have great confidence in them....

So, following on from the successes of last season, and the entertaining passing game Steven and Alex have moulded, I invite you to renew your season ticket for season 2011-2012. Due to financial pressures caused by the global financial meltdown, prices have had to rise, but still offer excellent value for fans, young and old.

There will be comings and goings in the summer, but rest assured that the management team are working tirelessly on strengthening the squad with more new arrivals, to compliment the successes of last summer's new signings, all of whom I can gladly say are still with us. I am sure you will join me in saying a big "thank you" to club captain Burton O'Brien for agreeing a new 4 year contract with the club. Burton had many other offers from home and abroad (sorry Pep, he's ours!) and his commitment to the vision we have is commendable.

To allow Steven and his team to bring in even more exciting talent for us to marvel at, we need you, the fans, to join us on our journey. A journey we will make together, with many highs and a few lows, but exciting all the while. So it is with great pleasure and anticipation that I say "Join me fellow Bairns" in pledging your commitment to the club at this exciting juncture. It is only you who can make this season a success or failure.

Yours in Bairndom,

George...

I didn't renew in the Summer, something that took a lot of explaining to Ned Snr seeing as how we've been going to games together since the early 80s - he aint renewing in the Summer.

I've still gone to every game I could incidentally - but I can see that changing soon, there was a time when I just jumped in the car regardless (even when I lived 600 miles away) but I had a lot less going on in my life back then - and it's something we've talked about during the long trudge back to the car over the last few seasons.

I don't feel I owe the club anything - but I do feel very short-changed by the club.

This is going against the grain by the looks of it but if I'm honest, not much would stop me from going to the games, money and family commitments aside.

I don't consider myself a happy clapper as such but whilst there's a team and a stadium in the town I'll go along regardless.

We have been a yo yo team for as long as I can remember, I kinda expect the odd shite season (ie 1st div trips) but we usually bounce back.

Just my opinion though....

This is going against the grain by the looks of it but if I'm honest, not much would stop me from going to the games, money and family commitments aside.

I don't consider myself a happy clapper as such but whilst there's a team and a stadium in the town I'll go along regardless.

We have been a yo yo team for as long as I can remember, I kinda expect the odd shite season (ie 1st div trips) but we usually bounce back.

Just my opinion though....

That's always been my view as well.

I'm still watching every game (although I missed yesterday) and will continue for as long as the service is available even when it involves getting up at ridiculous times of the morning.

I think you will still be in the majority. Even next season, no matter the management team and summer comings and goings, our home attendances wont drop below 2,000- 2,500 realistically.

No matter how disillusioned, many punters will still pony up their cash, for a variety of reasons.

I just think this will be the first time in years that there will be a big drop off in season ticket sales.

I think you will still be in the majority. Even next season, no matter the management team and summer comings and goings, our home attendances wont drop below 2,000- 2,500 realistically.

No matter how disillusioned, many punters will still pony up their cash, for a variety of reasons.

I just think this will be the first time in years that there will be a big drop off in season ticket sales.

I think that was a given from the start no matter how this season went, unless we won it of course.

There's no real incentive to season tickets these days.

I think that was a given from the start no matter how this season went, unless we won it of course.

Yeah, that was really the pre season pitch though wasnt it? "Back us to win the league at the first time of asking..."

Which the fans did, in our defence.

Obviously, being Pressleyed, meant first place was never a realistic result this season, but i can still understnad why so many fans did renew on the basis of having a go.

Im actually a lot calmer about things now than I was before Christmas. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

It was pure despair when I couldn't see any way Pressley was going to get sacked, and the happy clapper idiots were queuing up to preen about humping Stirling.

I think we are a lot closer to having something decent to watch and to move forward, at least on the pitch, than we were 3 months ago. Pressley must go - before this week is out.

Shame we can't replace Craig and Ritchie so easily.

That what I'm annoyed about this season. The humpings of Stirling Albion paper up the, now well documented, cracks and Pressley survives for another month in doing so.

I was always annoyed about the appointment of Pressley and while I was unsure about how is job would be in the First but this was soon to change after the Ross County game at the end of November. That was the game I realised and was sure Pressley wasn't taking this mob anywhere but to mid table First Division mediocrity. That was 3 months ago and fans are now just starting to realise. Sadly it'll probably be another 3 years we are stuck with this utter mountain goat of a football manager.

I feel he's just as incompetant as he was in the SPL.

I feel he's just as incompetant as he was in the SPL.

I think this season may, considering the standard of opposition, be actually worse than his poor performance last season.

May would have won as many games as Pressley has in this league.

Edited by H_B

There's little difference of play between that of Hughes, May or Elvis in my opinion.

Boring, tippy tally, let's do 20 passes when 4 are all that's needed.

Haven't been a real attacking sense since last year at Brockville.

The Falkirk mantra these days is to try and score the perfect goal at all costs.

I think thats a bit harsh on some of the stuff Hughes produced. Some of the Latapy inspired stuff and the Stokes season were pretty decent to watch.

The key thing being obviously having a player who could do something a bit beyond play 5 yard passes. We were never as good to watch as Hughes and the media pretended, but it's night and day from the utter crap Pressley and May have produced.

Thank f*ck for that, you're not wanted. How do you even see the games with your head so far up your own arse?

That would actually be quite good.

I think my rectum would provide more entertainment than Pressley's team.