The Falkirk FC Thread

If Pressley is on a rolling contract, then there is nothing to stop the board giving him his notice now. That in turn would make his position pretty untenable, with the knowledge that he is no longer wanted by the club. Chances are he would negotiate a settlement (working out at much less than a years wages). Even if he doesn't take the hint, it would mean he can see out the season and get the elbow in the summer with only 6-8 months on the contract.

But lets look at the facts. So far we only have the Daily Record's word that he is on a rolling contract. Doesn't seem like the sort of contract a club our size would give out. Could the Record have got it wrong. :unsure:

There is something we're all forgetting though. We might go up to Dundee, get a win and head off on an amazing run culminating in a win at EEP on the last day of the season to win the league. :lol:

I'm surprised at Higginbottom, when we played you in the first game of the season he was by far your best player, beating players for fun, maybe a bit baw greedy but the potential was there.

He looked brilliant in pre-season and then like you say in the first game of the season he looked like he was going to be a great signing. Since then though he's been fucking woeful. He tries far, far, far too much, his end product is a joke and he has no strength whatsoever so just gets brushed off the ball far too easily. He infuriates me more than anyone else in our squad.

I also agree on Deuchar. It's no coincidence he scores everywhere else.

In fact, with the current shambles of a forward line, he'd still have been worth keeping around. He's probably never going to be fit enough to play more than 20 minutes at Div One level though training part time.

I think you said before that on paper it was a good signing, but we aint direct enough for him. I have never seen a Scottish club play so direct and at high tempo like St Johnstone did last season, long throws from either side into the box, wide players who can whip a dangerous ball in and with numbers in the box to support when doing the previous.

Ross County away we were more direct and for me was his best game, it was ugly(ish) to watch but County couldnt cope with him. I think his only real other contribution was to win the penalty against a Dundee team who were shiting it, also toa note that his 3 goals have all come late on and laid on a plate for him by either Flynn or Higgenbotham, we were never ever gonna go direct when we have so many sand dancers in the squad, so I know Kenny wont be happy leaving as a failure again, but he will enjoy his football at Livvy

Anyway target men have never worked at Falkirk

I couldn't care if Bullen was a nice guy to be honest. It's the results on the park that matters. When was the last time you heard Falkirk fans boo our their own team onto the park for the second half?

The walking Deatheater that is Old Man Smith; I sat near the home dugout in the main stand last season and the guy is a complete joke. Contributes nothing tactically...nifact he contributes nothing. Whether it was May in charge or Pressley not once did I see him in conversation with either May or Pressley.

That is total pish, christ Smith was taking more of hands on role of the team at points under May and Elvis does talk to Smith not constantly but on many occasions throughout a game.

I am convinced tho that it was the board that started this management tripod with May, Elvis and Smith, later to be Bullen in for May. I doubt that May wouldve wanted Smith as no2 or even Elvis,I would even suggest ditto with Elvis

Absolutely. I'm maybe just forgetting how bad it was under Eddie May but it was more bearable than just now because Eddie seemed like an honest hard working guy who was out of his depth. Pressley is an arrogant w**k as well as a complete incompetent.

I think you are.....the manager who signed a fine bunch of players, 3 out the 12 could be regarded as a success, with one of that three picking up after May left.....not to forget he resigned the vast majority of our current players....

Brian McLean

Mark Twaddle

Enoch Showunmi

Ryan Flynn

Alex MacDonald

Danijel Marceta

Colin Healy

Toufik Zerara

Vitor Lima

Pedro Moutinho

Pele Pele

Kjartan Finnbogason

Smith is not on the payroll at Falkirk. I found that out today.

He is doing it for nowt.

Was that post him being bankrupt ???

It was never gonna be an easy task whoever was the manager this season, Inverness were fortunate last season that they went down as a decent team, Rooney found the where the goals were, found a gem in Johnny Hayes of which have came of the rails in SPL when he was recently injured, that and a solid experienced defence.

We have a strikeforce which will be lucky if one or more of them will get double figures as they are lucky if they stay fit long enough, we havent found any gems and our defence isnt experienced or tight, that and so many of our players have went backwards this season.

I am not sticking up for Elvis, but its seems like many think its a matter of waving a magic wand but of course the buck does fall with Elvis, wanky formations, sticking by BOB, not beating Fifes 1 or 2 and Dundee have been his downfall...

Wh

I think you said before that on paper it was a good signing,

He's the only one of Pressley's signings I won't criticise. The rest have been shite.

I think you are.....the manager who signed a fine bunch of players, 3 out the 12 could be regarded as a success,

I'd go with 4. It wasn't May's fault Pele got injured. He was OK.

I'd give him McLean, Flynn, Pedro and Pele as successes.

To be fair, thats a better precentage than Pressley has managed this season. I think he's batting at Error - Can't divide by zero%.

Inverness were fortunate last season that they went down as a decent team,

Meh. They went down with a decent manager - that's the difference. And they went down with a manager that genuinely did turn things around for them even in the SPL.

Butcher's record, after inheriting the shambles Brewster left him (5 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats), was better than Pressley's last season. That's partly because he is a very able, competent manager. Not a clueless joker.

I am not sticking up for Elvis, but its seems like many think its a matter of waving a magic wand

I don't think anyone thinks that. What people think is that a better manager than Pressley would be getting better results, with the same players.

This has already been evidenced this season by Craig Brown immediately turning the shambles of Mark McGhee's reign around and Barry Smith immediately showing Jism and Dodds what they should have been achieving with the Dundee squad.

Pressley is a dreadful manager. Very very poor. I sussed him early on. He may go on to do a Paul Lambert and recover from this to do great things later - I wouldn't put a penny on it though.

But lets look at the facts. So far we only have the Daily Record's word that he is on a rolling contract. Doesn't seem like the sort of contract a club our size would give out. Could the Record have got it wrong. :unsure:

According to the link Smith was also given a rolling contract yet that has been doubted by a poster on here !?

I just cant believe that anyone can actually believe that Mark Millar has been a decent signing this season. He has been utterly woeful . He strolls about the pitch doing sweet FA and then when he does finally put a tackle in he usually ends up booked or sent off. Yes he scored a decent goal against Partick but thats been it since he signed. I'd punt him anywhere given the chance. As for the other signings Higginbottom is a sand dancer of the highest order and has no end product what so ever. You've got to ask why he was signed when we've already got Stewart, Flynn and compton in the side. Khalis is a young player who i feel has potential but he's not the finished article and needs time. Deuchar has to be seen as another failure . Pressley never played to his strengths and now he's away so its been basically money down the drain. Finally you had Marr who was no better really than what we already have and McManus who got injured after what three games if that. Signings can make or break a manager and I'm afraid Pressley has made a right arse of his.