The Falkirk FC Thread

I need to clarify - I don't know if he is on a year's rolling contract - I was explaining what a rolling contract meant to someone else who mentioned it. I don't know what his contract is. I know what I'd like it to be though. Up today.

Ah. Fair do's. Sorry...

Pressley should go asap. We should get a new man in, write off this season and allow him to start planning for next year. Its been obvious for a while now that Pressley isn't the man for the job.

Falkirk play nice football but soooo innefective. Get your midfield to stop playing pretty patterns and be more direct.

Edited by Boris Badenov

I need to clarify - I don't know if he is on a year's rolling contract - I was explaining what a rolling contract meant to someone else who mentioned it. I don't know what his contract is. I know what I'd like it to be though. Up today.

I Googled it and found it was a rolling 12 month contract : Here

If he is on a twelve-month rolling contract, then that puts to bed any side of the argument that we can't afford to sack him - given that he doesn't have a contract to run down and we'd need to pay him exactly the same if sacked tomorrow, next week, or in six months.

Some painful quotes in there.

STEVEN PRESSLEY handed Falkirk a massive boost on the eve of their ALBA Cup clash with Stirling Albion when he finally signed a new contract.
However, the news that Pressley, along with assistants Alex Smith... have agreed rolling 12-month contracts will be welcomed by fans.

<_<

If he is on a twelve-month rolling contract, then that puts to bed any side of the argument that we can't afford to sack him - given that he doesn't have a contract to run down and we'd need to pay him exactly the same if sacked tomorrow, next week, or in six months.

and Smith ... and Bullen !

Let's face it - that means our next manager will be Lee Bullen !

However, the news that Pressley, along with assistants Alex Smith and Lee Bullen, and goalkeeping coach Jim Preston, have agreed rolling 12-month contracts will be welcomed by fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's face it - that means our next manager will be Lee Bullen !

The rookie route seems to be the way we're heading these days unfortunately.

Not that I'd be against Bullen, as he seems like a good guy. The only problem AGAIN, would be his inexperience. Plus he's been at the club for a few years now and will probably have built up a decent relationship with the players, so would he have the bottle to drop players if needed?

Pedro would be a good signing but I can just see the way it would strike me being very similar to Keane signing for Celtic last season, just a way of the BoD trying to placate the fans. Regardless of if we sign Pedro or not Pressley should still be sacked ASAP.

Who the f**k gave Alex Smith any sort of contract! :angry:

Our fantastic Chairman of course. The tit.

Edit: No one has been able to answer my earlier question about what Smith actually does at the club. Any guesses?

Edited by kris_FFC

His official job title is assistant manager is it not?

Officially, I guess it is. But does he actually do anything? I've always imagined Bullen as being the main AM so to speak, so what is the point in Smith? A waste of a wage, and another that's on a fucking rolling contract.

Yeah there's no reason why we couldn't. The only reason could have been that he wouldn't want to do that encase he gets injured but if he's willing to play in a bounce game then he might be up for it.

Although we should just sign him permanently rather than play him as a trialist. We know how he plays, he has nothing to prove to anyone at Falkirk and he's available for free. If we still need to get rid off more people to free up the wages even with Marr and Deuchar away then I'd suggest we start with Alex Smith and our new 'Head of Commercial Affairs' what a useless c**t he seems to be so far.

And you know this for a fact? :rolleyes:

Raith fans have a popular thread running where they can discuss all things Raith without the need for various different threads, so with there seemingly being a lot to discuss with us right now, it seems a good idea to make one for ourselves to keep any discussions in a single thread.

If you want to discuss the board, management, stadium, transfers, players...or anything else relating to the club, let's try and keep it in here.

:)

Good idea, I'm fed up with all things related to Falkirk being spread across various threads.:rolleyes:

Smith is not on the payroll at Falkirk. I found that out today.

He is doing it for nowt.

Nice of him. dry.gif

I would love to do the job (what ever it is). Save me buying a season ticket.

This won't go down well with most of the fans on here but I'm glad Deuchar has gone. I never rated him from the start. A few guys have made the point that we don't play the right style of football for him. I presume this means that we are trying to pass ball through the middle for the strikers to run on to which may be true. But on the odd occasion when we have crossed the ball into the box he has missed a too many sitters. There was at least two occasions on that shambles of a game on Saturday when he should have at least forced a save out of the keeper. For all the St Johnstone fans on this forum that rave about him, I ask them have they seen him this season? If they had they would have been shocked at the how much pace he has lost. He was never the fastest but FFS its as if his legs have been cut off and put back on the wrong way round.

As for Mark Millar he is OK but I wish he would practice his shooting from the edge of the box. The amount of times he has punted the ball into row Z is beyond a joke. He is almost as bad as what Lima was. Spend a little more time on the training ground and a little less time in the hairdressers, Mark.

While I'm on a role I wish the "fans" that boo the players after the first misplaced pass would keep quiet. Personaly I'm there to SUPPORT the team. If they aren't puting in the effort I'll be booing the loudest but if they've had a couple of bad touches then the last thing they need for their confidence is the crowd on their back.

Rant over :angry:

Edited by ditots