The Falkirk FC Thread

At least Bullen is a good guy - I like him.

He might well do as shit a job as Pressley, but it will still seem more bearable.

I couldn't care if Bullen was a nice guy to be honest. It's the results on the park that matters. When was the last time you heard Falkirk fans boo our their own team onto the park for the second half?

The walking Deatheater that is Old Man Smith; I sat near the home dugout in the main stand last season and the guy is a complete joke. Contributes nothing tactically...nifact he contributes nothing. Whether it was May in charge or Pressley not once did I see him in conversation with either May or Pressley.

I'm not advocating appointing Bullen. but I'd rather he was in charge than Pressley.

Aye I know, I'e no doubt the board will look internally first at the likes of Bullen and Hagi before looking elsewhere.

And McCall was the last one to be brought in, and look where it took us, straight to the top of the division before he f*cked off.

A rolling contract means the contract starts with every new day. For example on a year's rolling contract he is under contract for a year from today. Tomorrow it's a year from tomorrow. Basically it means he is due a year's compensation no matter when he goes (if it is a year).

Ah right, that's pretty shite. I'd still sack him immediately though.

I really do believe that if Pressley goes, Bullen and Old Man Smith with be appointed the minute he walks out the door.

At the moment I'd take them till the end of the season with Pressley gone.

At least Bullen is a good guy - I like him.

He might well do as shit a job as Pressley, but it will still seem more bearable.

Absolutely. I'm maybe just forgetting how bad it was under Eddie May but it was more bearable than just now because Eddie seemed like an honest hard working guy who was out of his depth. Pressley is an arrogant w**k as well as a complete incompetent.

I refused to judge Pressley on last season believing he should be judged once he'd had a chance to do his own thing, and whilst I would rather have appointed someone else I could see why the club eventually went for him (no gripes from me at that point - dissapointed but realistic)

and having given him until this season I'd say my opinion was pretty much cemented by half-time on the opening day (like most folk I'd imagine) The signing of Deuchar appeared to be a good one, most folk would have thought he'd get some goals - and perhaps the injury to McManus (am I really typing this !?) took away a mini revival that seemed possible at the time.

Pressley aint the man going forward, and whilst I'd like to see someone else in charge right now (Calderwood :unsure: ) with Pressley under contract then financially we are better off scrubbing this season and letting him go at the end of it - I don't think the current squad, even with a new manager, can win the league.

We do need to get it right in the Summer though ... which, given the form, aint bloody likely :(

Mon The Bairns etc.

I disagree with that completely.

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, what I really meant by that was that it was totally unexpected that we would still be in the hunt at that stage of the season. Whether it was actually down to Pressley as a manager, before he shat it post-split, I've no idea. But I still feel it's a little harsh to judge him on last season. He was inexperienced and was given an almost impossible task of trying to keep a dreadful side in the SPL, with no help of a transfer window to possibly improve the squad. Hiring him in the first place was most certainly a mistake by the board. The rookie manager route failed with May and it was madness to go and do the same by appointing Pressley, given our precarious position at the foot of the table at the time. But did we have much choice, in the way of finances? I'm not so sure.

Keeping him on the summer, did we have much choice again? In that respect I wasn't too fussed with him being kept on. From then onwards that is when he should be judged, and he just hasn't delivered. Things had been up and down so far, but since we came back from all the call off's, we're just getting worse, and Pressley is the man culpable for that. If we want to have any hope of salvaging this season, he has to go before the Dundee game, as unlikely as that is.

I think we're fucked for years to come to be quite honest. When Pressley goes, it will just be another cheap appointment to replace him (Possibly Bullen as you mentioned.), and it will only carry on from there if that doesn't work out. No money to bring in a decent manager and no money to bring in some better players. The blame for that lies firmly at the door of the BOD for their piss poor decisions they've made in recent years.

RE: Alex Smith...what actually is his role at the club?

with Pressley under contract then financially we are better off scrubbing this season and letting him go at the end of it

Not if he has a 1 year rolling contract we're not. Doesn't matter when we sack the useless clown.

Absolutely. I'm maybe just forgetting how bad it was under Eddie May but it was more bearable than just now because Eddie seemed like an honest hard working guy who was out of his depth. Pressley is an arrogant w**k as well as a complete incompetent.

Oh totally. At least when May was in charge, miles out of his depth as he was, I wasn't embarrassed by him.

I've been embarrassed by Pressley since took over. Cringe every time he is interviewed.

We're playing St. Johnstone in a bounce game at the Grangemouth Stadium just now. I don't know our full team but Pedro is definitely playing.

I know it's been mentioned before, but could we not play him as a trialist? It would be particularly handy given we've only got one fit striker.

Not if he has a 1 year rolling contract we're not. Doesn't matter when we sack the useless clown.

I'd already asked about his contract and no answer was given - I had therefore assumed that he was contracted until the end of the season.

Is this rolling contract deffo ? if so we should be sounding folk out right now !

I know it's been mentioned before, but could we not play him as a trialist? It would be particularly handy given we've only got one fit striker.

Yeah there's no reason why we couldn't. The only reason could have been that he wouldn't want to do that encase he gets injured but if he's willing to play in a bounce game then he might be up for it.

Although we should just sign him permanently rather than play him as a trialist. We know how he plays, he has nothing to prove to anyone at Falkirk and he's available for free. If we still need to get rid off more people to free up the wages even with Marr and Deuchar away then I'd suggest we start with Alex Smith and our new 'Head of Commercial Affairs' what a useless c**t he seems to be so far.

I'd already asked about his contract and no answer was given

Ruggy answered that question on Page 1 of this thread.

I don't remember reading anything about his contract when he signed it. I think I was too depressed to care.

We're playing St. Johnstone in a bounce game at the Grangemouth Stadium just now. I don't know our full team but Pedro is definitely playing.

Feck - I saw the St Johnstone bus when I was down there collecting the kids from school at the back of 3, even saw a chap in a St Johnstone track suit - might have popped in to see a bit of Pedro !

Ruggy answered that question on Page 1 of this thread.

I don't remember reading anything about his contract when he signed it. I think I was too depressed to care.

I need to clarify - I don't know if he is on a year's rolling contract - I was explaining what a rolling contract meant to someone else who mentioned it. I don't know what his contract is. I know what I'd like it to be though. Up today.

Yeah there's no reason why we couldn't. The only reason could have been that he wouldn't want to do that encase he gets injured but if he's willing to play in a bounce game then he might be up for it.

Although we should just sign him permanently rather than play him as a trialist. We know how he plays, he has nothing to prove to anyone at Falkirk and he's available for free. If we still need to get rid off more people to free up the wages even with Marr and Deuchar away then I'd suggest we start with Alex Smith and our new 'Head of Commercial Affairs' what a useless c**t he seems to be so far.

Maybe Deuchar leaving has led to some sort of deal being discussed with Pedro? His appearance in a bounce game is definitely encouraging anyway. Can't see any other reason why he'd agree to play.

The amount of people I'd like removed from the club comfortably stretches in to double figures. :lol: Unfortunately it would cost money, and we just don't have it.

I need to clarify - I don't know if he is on a year's rolling contract - I was explaining what a rolling contract meant to someone else who mentioned it. I don't know what his contract is. I know what I'd like it to be though. Up today.

The journalists sitting behind me at the QOTS game seemed sure he was on a 1 year deal. No mention of a rolling contract or any of that.