The Falkirk FC Thread

Raith fans have a popular thread running where they can discuss all things Raith without the need for various different threads, so with there seemingly being a lot to discuss with us right now, it seems a good idea to make one for ourselves to keep any discussions in a single thread.

If you want to discuss the board, management, stadium, transfers, players...or anything else relating to the club, let's try and keep it in here.

:)

Edited by kris_FFC

SACK EVERYONE!!

That doesn't seem to be far off the mark from how most supporters are feeling just now.

I think the vast majority of us have come to the conclusion recently that Pressley needs to f**k off as soon as possible. I was all for giving him a chance, as it was him going in to his first full season in charge, and I think it's a little harsh to judge him too much on last season, as he had to pick up May's mess and try and salvage a side that looked doomed to relegation, with no room to bring in any players of his own. He done well to take it down to the final day IMO.

This season however, is verging on a disaster, and we're not even out of January yet. Out of all 3 cups, and sitting 3rd in the table - only due to Dundee's deduction.

The signings:

Jason Marr - Pish, a complete waste of a wage. We'd have been better giving Duffie more games to help his development - I don't think he's great, but he's better than Marr, and would have saved us money.

Mark Millar - I like him. He does the opposite of BoB in the way that when he takes the ball from the back four he looks to pass the ball forward, and carry the ball forward himself. Looking to make something happen. He's a bit of a hothead though, and really needs to get his discipline under control, but he gets stuck in, which is more than can be said for any of our other midfielders.

Kallum Higginbotham - Another waste of a wage. I can't recall seeing a player at the club with such a shite end product. It really is awful. He's clearly got some skill and ability, but it's useless if he can't beat a man or pick out a pass. Always tries too much.

Mehdi Khalis - The Dunfermline game he looked a complete liability, but seems to have improved a bit in his games since. Jury still out.

Kenny Deuchar - I expected better from him, but it's not worked out, and now he's away to Livi. We never utilized his strengths at all, and so he never got to show what he could potentially do for us. Being PT I wouldn't imagine he was on much money though.

Tam McManus - 2 goals on his debut, but got crocked his 3rd (2nd?) game. Hasn't featured since because of it. Will judge him at the seasons end.

Overall, they've been pretty poor in all honesty, and we seem to be skint and can't improve the squad at all. I'd hate to think this is what we're left with for the next 4/5 months.

The results have been up and down all season but right now they just seem to be down. 1 win in 5, against the worst side in the league, conceding 9 goals in that time. It's just not good enough. We've struggled against the top sides in every game (Dundee, Raith and Dunfermline) so far. We've won a grand total of 0 games from 5 against those particular sides.

As things stand we may be 3rd with games in hand, but in the state we're in, we're far from certain to win any of them. A defeat on Saturday coupled with either side above us picking up points and the season is done for sure. Crowds are already falling and they're only going to get worse...unless change happens, and happens fucking quick.

That doesn't seem to be far off the mark from how most supporters are feeling just now.

I think the vast majority of us have come to the conclusion recently that Pressley needs to f**k off as soon as possible. I was all for giving him a chance, as it was him going in to his first full season in charge, and I think it's a little harsh to judge him too much on last season, as he had to pick up May's mess and try and salvage a side that looked doomed to relegation, with no room to bring in any players of his own. He done well to take it down to the final day IMO.

This season however, is verging on a disaster, and we're not even out of January yet. Out of all 3 cups, and sitting 3rd in the table - only due to Dundee's deduction.

The signings:

Jason Marr - Pish, a complete waste of a wage. We'd have been better giving Duffie more games to help his development - I don't think he's great, but he's better than Marr, and would have saved us money.

Mark Millar - I like him. He does the opposite of BoB in the way that when he takes the ball from the back four he looks to pass the ball forward, and carry the ball forward himself. Looking to make something happen. He's a bit of a hothead though, and really needs to get his discipline under control, but he gets stuck in, which is more than can be said for any of our other midfielders.

Kallum Higginbotham - Another waste of a wage. I can't recall seeing a player at the club with such a shite end product. It really is awful. He's clearly got some skill and ability, but it's useless if he can't beat a man or pick out a pass. Always tries too much.

Mehdi Khalis - The Dunfermline game he looked a complete liability, but seems to have improved a bit in his games since. Jury still out.

Kenny Deuchar - I expected better from him, but it's not worked out, and now he's away to Livi. We never utilized his strengths at all, and so he never got to show what he could potentially do for us. Being PT I wouldn't imagine he was on much money though.

Tam McManus - 2 goals on his debut, but got crocked his 3rd (2nd?) game. Hasn't featured since because of it. Will judge him at the seasons end.

Overall, they've been pretty poor in all honesty, and we seem to be skint and can't improve the squad at all. I'd hate to think this is what we're left with for the next 4/5 months.

The results have been up and down all season but right now they just seem to be down. 1 win in 5, against the worst side in the league, conceding 9 goals in that time. It's just not good enough. We've struggled against the top sides in every game (Dundee, Raith and Dunfermline) so far. We've won a grand total of 0 games from 5 against those particular sides.

As things stand we may be 3rd with games in hand, but in the state we're in, we're far from certain to win any of them. A defeat on Saturday coupled with either side above us picking up points and the season is done for sure. Crowds are already falling and they're only going to get worse...unless change happens, and happens fucking quick.

There's nothing in there I disagree with.

He done well to take it down to the final day IMO.

I disagree with that completely. Remember in the last 5 games of last season (post split) the only goal we scored was a penalty from a headbutt. We took only 3 points from the last 15.

We were absolutely rancid to watch and totally shat it after the split. Remember the cowardly performance against St Johnstone and being outplayed by St Mirren with 10 men for the second half , clinging on for a point embarrassingly at the end.

The warning signs were given by Pressley's management last season - we finished up a total shambles. Also, he was part of the team with May - he just slithered his way into the job after knifing May in the back - no class. He didn't deserve a chance.

Appointing him for this season (indeed begging him to stay on as Coco and Bozo the clowns did) was utter stupidity. It was always going to end in disaster.

Maybe if we'd cleared out him and the equally useless Smith in the summer, we'd still have been in this state. Who knows? It would have gave us a chance though.

Appointing Pressley gave us no chance. We were fucked from the start of this season. The most depressing thing about this (apart from the utter predictability of Pressley's abysmal reign, obvious to many, apart from our clueless board) is that it's the same pair of fools who will pick his replacement.

I shudder to think who is next. Keith Hogg perhaps?

Thankfully he's now at Hearts but my big worry is we follow the tried, tested and failed route of putting Smith or Bullen in charge.

Frightening.

It wouldn't surprise me.

If they didn't recruit a new manager when Hughes left, when we were in a much better position to attract someone with a semblance of quality, what are the jokers going to do now?

I'm wondering what they are going to do about Pressley. they are shitebags in general, so my money is on them doing an ostrich and hoping things get better.

It wouldn't surprise me.

If they didn't recruit a new manager when Hughes left, when we were in a much better position to attract someone with a semblance of quality, what are the jokers going to do now?

I'm wondering what they are going to do about Pressley. they are shitebags in general, so my money is on them doing an ostrich and hoping things get better.

Said as much on a facebook comment last night, they won't sack him and he's probably far too egotistical to quit. We're f*cked.

I disagree with that completely. Remember in the last 5 games of last season (post split) the only goal we scored was a penalty from a headbutt. We took only 3 points from the last 15.

We were absolutely rancid to watch and totally shat it after the split. Remember the cowardly performance against St Johnstone and being outplayed by St Mirren with 10 men for the second half , clinging on for a point embarrassingly at the end.

The warning signs were given by Pressley's management last season - we finished up a total shambles. Also, he was part of the team with May - he just slithered his way into the job after knifing May in the back - no class. He didn't deserve a chance.

Appointing him for this season (indeed begging him to stay on as Coco and Bozo the clowns did) was utter stupidity. It was always going to end in disaster.

Maybe if we'd cleared out him and the equally useless Smith in the summer, we'd still have been in this state. Who knows? It would have gave us a chance though.

Appointing Pressley gave us no chance. We were fucked from the start of this season. The most depressing thing about this (apart from the utter predictability of Pressley's abysmal reign, obvious to many, apart from our clueless board) is that it's the same pair of fools who will pick his replacement.

I agree with all of this. Also worth pointing out that Pressley is a sack.

Tbh, change is needed but money will determine how much will can de done.

I really don't know what the way forward is but I know the current situation cannot, must not continue.

Hopefully, this will happen sooner than later :unsure:

We won't get rid of, same as we never got rid of Hughes until he walked. The board will not change things and Pressley will come out ahead of Saturdays game saying 'its a long season and we're still in it'

Out of interest was McCall the last manager we appointed externally? (Coyle/Hughes, Hughes, May, Pressley). The thing is if and when Pressley leaves you can see the board just offering it to Bullen with Smith as Asst.

Why continually do that when I'm sure there are better / as cheap candidates out there!? The thing with internal candidates is they are surely still influenced by previous manager and so will most likely continue the style of play / formation etc.

I'm also fed up with Falkirk managers and the press talking about nice football - i don't care - give me rubbish football and hard to beat every week.

Don't think Elvis can be assessed on last season given that he did turn things around and had May stayed we would have been down far sooner. Yes post split was poor but the St Johnstone game I still beleive defending was the right tactics, even if we had won three points would have still been required and had we lost we were almost certainly relegated. Think how clsoe we came on the last day with Flynns chance.

The Signings

Higginbotham - Dont know whats happened to him, think back to pre-season against Carlisle and Bolton, he looked a great player, getting forward, creating chances etc. However since the season started that has all just disappeared.

Duechar - Could have been a great player for us, we just couldn't play to his strengths. He is a target man , always has been always will be, get crosses in and he will score.

Khalis - Seems to have had a mixed season, was great in the match up at Aberdeen. Has he maybe taken time to settle in Scotland?

Miller - I think he gets an unfair amount of stick from the fans, while he needs to improve his disiplinary record I think he has had a good season

Marr - Signing that was not needed

I think the chance of Pedro returning ended last night. While we have freed up the Doctors wages he will not have been on a lot and I think the Cup money would have provided us with enough for his signing.

Sacking Pressley will not achieve anything, yes we have had a bad month, but before the snow we were on fire. Even if we brought in a new manager what more could they do. In games like the QOS one the player need to take the blame, they are the ones with no fight in them. Elvis is on a rolling contract so we should look at his situation in the summer.

I don't beleive the season is over yet but fear for next year with far more budget cuts coming our way.

Don't think Elvis can be assessed on last season given that he did turn things around and had May stayed we would have been down far sooner. Yes post split was poor but the St Johnstone game I still beleive defending was the right tactics, even if we had won three points would have still been required and had we lost we were almost certainly relegated. Think how clsoe we came on the last day with Flynns chance.

The Signings

Higginbotham - Dont know whats happened to him, think back to pre-season against Carlisle and Bolton, he looked a great player, getting forward, creating chances etc. However since the season started that has all just disappeared.

Duechar - Could have been a great player for us, we just couldn't play to his strengths. He is a target man , always has been always will be, get crosses in and he will score.

Khalis - Seems to have had a mixed season, was great in the match up at Aberdeen. Has he maybe taken time to settle in Scotland?

Miller - I think he gets an unfair amount of stick from the fans, while he needs to improve his disiplinary record I think he has had a good season

I think the chance of Pedro returning ended last night. While we have freed up the Doctors wages he will not have been on a lot and I think the Cup money would have provided us with enough for his signing.

Sacking Pressley will not achieve anything, yes we have had a bad month, but before the snow we were on fire. Even if we brought in a new manager what more could they do. In games like the QOS one the player need to take the blame, they are the ones with no fight in them. Elvis is on a rolling contract so we should look at his situation in the summer.

I don't beleive the season is over yet but fear for next year with far more budget cuts coming our way.

Your points in bold are laughable.

I agree with you about Deuchar.

I disagree completely with your comment about what more could a new manager do. Look at Aberdeen for an example of how a team can perform far better with a superiior manager and an identical squad of players.

If the players have no fight in them, then that is Pressley's fault for either a) not firing them up, b) not realising they have no fight in them, or c) (even worse) realising they have no fight in them and doing nothing about it.

Regardless of how it's spun, the buck stops firmly with Pressley.

Don't think Elvis can be assessed on last season given that he did turn things around

Did he?

We won 3 out of 15 under Pressley in the SPL, and remember he had only 1 Old Firm game. the majority of his games were against the shite of the league.

Sacking Pressley will not achieve anything,

It will achieve being shot of Pressley.

yes we have had a bad month, but before the snow we were on fire.

Sigh. This lie again.

Before "the snow" we had just lost at home to Ross County, scraped a home draw against Dundee and beat the brutally bad Stirling Albion.

4 points from 9.

Even if we brought in a new manager what more could they do.

What happened to Dundee when they sacked Chisholm and Dodds?

Don't think Elvis can be assessed on last season given that he did turn things around and had May stayed we would have been down far sooner.

:lol: Turn things round

Yes post split was poor but the St Johnstone game I still beleive defending was the right tactics, even if we had won three points would have still been required and had we lost we were almost certainly relegated. Think how clsoe we came on the last day with Flynns chance.

We didn't know the Killie score in advance of the game. If Killie had failed to win and we had won, a draw would've done us in the last game.

The Signings

Higgy - Still has a lot to offer IMO. Gives the ball away a bit but looks to try different things and can create chances.

Deuchar - Agreed.

Khalis - Possibly, I'm willing to give him a chance in this run of games he's about to embark on just now. I think he'll be shite on Saturday however.

Mark Millar is total pish.

Marr - You say that, but look at how bad Duffie and Mitchell are at right-back. Aside from the Fifers at home on the opening day, Marr was fine.

I don't think there was ever any chance of Pedro coming back unfortunately.

Sacking Pressley will not achieve anything, yes we have had a bad month, but before the snow we were on fire.

4 points from 3 games was it not? One of those games was against Stirling.

Even if we brought in a new manager what more could they do. In games like the QOS one the player need to take the blame, they are the ones with no fight in them.

Agreed that the players are also to blame but as Gaz says look at Aberdeen just now.

Elvis is on a rolling contract so we should look at his situation in the summer.

Doesn't that mean it can be ended free of charge by either party? Punt him now if so!

I don't believe the season is over yet but fear for next year with far more budget cuts coming our way.

Our budget will probably be lower but a lot of our higher earners contracts are up. As for this season, if we lose on Saturday and/or don't win away to Raith it's over.

Doesn't that mean it can be ended free of charge by either party? Punt him now if so!

A rolling contract means the contract starts with every new day. For example on a year's rolling contract he is under contract for a year from today. Tomorrow it's a year from tomorrow. Basically it means he is due a year's compensation no matter when he goes (if it is a year).

I also agree on Deuchar. It's no coincidence he scores everywhere else.

In fact, with the current shambles of a forward line, he'd still have been worth keeping around. He's probably never going to be fit enough to play more than 20 minutes at Div One level though training part time.