The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

I would think so for the last season anyway, Gallagher, Sibbald (however small it was) and now Mitchell

And mcbride although i heard a rumour we only got a sell on clause for him which is a disgrace if true. Cant believe we're still getting taken to the cleaners by clubs hoovering up our young talent.

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Cheers Gaz. It's nice to be appreciated on here, given that the media person who did all the work yesterday was kicked off the COYB facebook page and so won't have seen any of the praise. As was I. 

It was during the bad results towards the end of Houstons reign. I think the justification was along the lines of "we'll ban everyone associated with the club just to let them know that we mean business".

Hmmn. Quite what you achieve by removing  fellow fans from a fans website was never clear to me. :unsure:

Hey ho, as BPM would say.

Interesting.

From a fan of another club I thought your handling of the social media was very well done. Positive for your club.

As for fans being banned off a fans forum to be taught a lesson, that's pretty poor stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

And mcbride although i heard a rumour we only got a sell on clause for him which is a disgrace if true. Cant believe we're still getting taken to the cleaners by clubs hoovering up our young talent.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Brentford are my favourite team down here in England, they don't have a youth setup, just an U23/Reserve/B side, so they go around buying players at 17/18 years old from other academy's. No idea of how much they spend per player but I'd be surprised if it's 200,000. He'll join fellow Scot, Ali Coote, ex Dundee United in the Brentford "Bees". 

I'm sure Myles Hyppolite used to be in the youth system. 

All you had to say was Ritchie Cadette and leave it at that.

Edited to say I just noticed you're not a Bairn so carry on.

(And Eddie May of course, as a player not a manager)

Edited by Ned Nederlander
Banjo playing half wit on thread

44 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely we should be questioning why our young talent is being allowed to leave for peanuts thats all.

Or why your club shut down it's youth academy in favour of spending it's way out of this league.

44 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely we should be questioning why our young talent is being allowed to leave for peanuts thats all.

I'm sure there 'll be a fans forum / meet the manager event or something similar on once the season starts. There usually is.

If you want to question, you can turn up in person and do so. We'll all look forward to hearing you report back on what the answer was.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

From a fan of another club I thought your handling of the social media was very well done. Positive for your club.

Well done sir. A sensible post which actually gives credit where it's due instead of trying to wind folk up.

I'm going to do something which is almost unthinkable for a Falkirk fan, at least judging by your recent (diminishing) reputation.

Have a greenie on me. 

16 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Or why your club shut down it's youth academy in favour of spending it's way out of this league.

Why should we question that? Given that they decided to shut down the youth academy in favour of spending our way out of this league.