The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was actually thinking about that when yesterdays theatre was in full flow, trying to remember how we found out pre season who had signed etc. It must have just been a case of reading the sports pages every day.

I can definitely remember the daily record appearing each morning and firing past the turgid Old Firm drivel into the wee diddy team section seeking out any sort of Falkirk story during the season.

Eta, recall genuine excitement at the signing Sabatino De Massis......

This is true. Especially during the Jim Jefferies era (wheeling and dealing).

No internet, rumours circulating etc. I vividly remember sitting waiting for my train at Perth Station to come down for a game and spotting a two line story in the back pages that we'd signed someone who "goes straight into the squad" for that day's match.

Since we're reminiscing - today's young ones would laugh their absolute tits off at the thought of tentatively waiting for teletext to scroll back round to the First Division page to see if we'd scored.

Or what about the club-call thingy!?

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Just now, Bigbri Bairn2 said:
5 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Had to check myself after reading the first line of that there for a second. I mean he's sexy as f**k but don't think he can kick a ball. Read on and relaxed

Is he a striker?

Dunno but he's a Celtic fan so the sexiness does get marked down a bit.

Hi chaps

Thanks to Bairnardo for the invite. 

The DABS seem to be signing some unproven minor league foreign players ...which lethal weapons has Dabslayer got lined up to keep the orange mess down and fire our dark blue brothers back into the big time?

Thank you.

#dunkirk

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Well thats still his remit and it wasnt happening with last seasons players. It also isnt happening by signing the same auld pish from round the doors. Even Houston who arguably got us better than the sum of our parts couldnt get us over the line and ultimately fell off a cliff as the Championship jobber journeyman type began to represent a higher % of our squad culminating in last seasons disaster.

All the banter aside, we are all fully aware of the risks in Hartleys strategy, but he said he was going to scout for and sign certain types of player and he is getting them. I dont think a single Falkirk fan on here would go back to the days of waiting around for John Rankin (Scottish jobber) to replace Will Vaulks (previously unknown absolute #baller)

41 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Absolutely this. This is very important. Both for fitness and squad morale. Having them all (bar a few later ones hopefully) together at the start can only bode well.

Yes it's always difficult almost completely changing a squad, and we don't know much about most of these players, but it can work, and one thing I'm really thinking here is Hartley and his recruitment folk are working their fucking bollocks off to find the right type of players. One player signed from a local team, and the rest are from far and wide - Houston would have been the opposite, one if we were lucky from far and wide, and the rest the likes of Flood ( :lol::lol: ) and other jobbers journeymen released from teams within touching distance of us. I 100% believe we would have signed Willo Flood if Houston was still in charge.

Trust the Don. 

FTFY :) 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Had to check myself after reading the first line of that there for a second. I mean he's sexy as f**k but don't think he can kick a ball. Read on and relaxed

I was hoping it was an electric chair with harris strapped in it.

19 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Since we're reminiscing - today's young ones would laugh their absolute tits off at the thought of tentatively waiting for teletext to scroll back round to the First Division page to see if we'd scored.

Or what about the club-call thingy!?

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

I was in the south of France with my old man. He had a new fangled car phone (with detachable breeze block matching phone). He called the premium rate club call and much to our delight we'd cuffed St Mirren 5-1, with a hattrick for Istvan Kozma. Basically a sex chat line. 

Going by Falkirk's recent signings, a premium rate Falkirk chat line could be a money spinner. 

I hope we can forget previous seasons petty squabbles and arguments on P&B through the years and wish you all the success for the coming season. 

I look forward to our burgeoning #DunKirk relationship. 

Terms and conditions apply of course, I reserve the right to hold you all individually responsible should the DABs win the league, but of course, we all know there is no chance of that happening with the sexual ballers Hartley is bringing in. 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No. Just trying to restore some natural order to the thread after yesterdays excitement ;) 

This is the new natural order. To quote Housty the QOS antagoniser, "Deal Wi' It". :)

11 hours ago, GMBairn said:

What a day for signings, each more handsome than the last. Sexiest team in Scotland soon to be playing the sexiest football.

As long as you've got Muirhead in your squad your sexiness  will always be in the minus. 

I must admit it's been entertaining keeping up with the developments at FFC,  there's zero happening at my own club it seems,  and Hartley is taking a bold step in recruiting most of his players from Doon Sooth.  As a lot of you admit it's a bit of a gamble,  great if it works out but by no means a certainty.  If this recruitment campaign turns out to be the high point of your season it will be a bit gutting for you, (but hilarious for the rest of us.)  You should surely better last season's position of the worst full time team in the Championship. 

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope we can forget previous seasons petty squabbles and arguments on P&B through the years and wish you all the success for the coming season. 

I look forward to our burgeoning #DunKirk relationship. 

Terms and conditions apply of course, I reserve the right to hold you all individually responsible should the DABs win the league, but of course, we all know there is no chance of that happening with the sexual ballers Hartley is bringing in. 

Thank you. 

Offt :lol: