The Falkirk FC Thread

Yon Chelsea boy could be a good signing to be fair. Will be interesting to see how he does - Scotland under-21s doesn't mean much but playing and captioning that Chelsea under-23 team should hint at a bit of pedigree. Wasn't convinced by Froxy last season despite a worldy at East End - we actually had him on trial before he ended up at Dumbarton - but there's potential there.

Its not unusual for a player of Froxys nature to not do well at a struggling club. There also surely must be something there if us and Livi are after him. I will greet.it with a degree of caution that I havent with the others though.

What is undeniable is that he can rip them from 30 yards and that is something that makes my willy start to straighten out....

It also helps if the manager actually selects you in his starting eleven and not left to rot on the bench.

39 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

I had been thinking that we should forget all cups and concentrate on the league.
But after seeing all these handsome c***s signing for us it would benefit scottish football for us to be in a major final.
Televised all over the world... players would flock to Scotland.
#thankuslaterscotland

Surely any flockers would end up at the international hub that is Ross County then?

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not unusual for a player of Froxys nature to not do well at a struggling club. There also surely must be something there if us and Livi are after him. I will greet.it with a degree of caution that I havent with the others though.

What is undeniable is that he can rip them from 30 yards and that is something that makes my willy start to straighten out....

It's a bit of a misconception that he didn't do well for us. There was a stat on our thread in the last week about points won with or without Froxy and I think we won around 95% of our points with him in the team, I think Brechin were the only team we beat without him. He was massively under-used in his best position, leaving him out wide exposed his defensive problems and after he failed to track his man in the Irn Bru final (which lost us the game) he was barely seen again. His free kick that won us the TNS semi-final will live with every Sons fan for a long, long time. Ridiculous effort causing ridiculous scenes.

Plus, I'm sure when he does this at East End again he'll be instantly loved:

Image result for froxylias gif

Surely any flockers would end up at the international hub that is Ross County then?

Need an airport somewhere else in Scotland to rival Inverness imo. Only then might the balance of power swing away from the Highlands. KLM used to take off and land on the Inchyra Road ffs. How have things deteriorated to allow Dingwall and its environs to become Scotland’s aviation hotspot?

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Can any more regular posters explain this Ross county/international hub/Dutch players joke?

Some Dingwallites were claiming the only reason expensive-ish Dutch players would sign for RC was not because of wads of cash from Brookes Mileson Uncle Roy, but because Inverness and Schiphol airports are linked.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Need an airport somewhere else in Scotland to rival Inverness imo. Only then might the balance of power swing away from the Highlands. KLM used to take off and land on the Inchyra Road ffs. How have things deteriorated to allow Dingwall and its environs to become Scotland’s aviation hotspot?

Don't need a airport what we need is a Heliport so we can transport all the players to and from Glas and Edin Airports 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Some Dingwallites were claiming the only reason expensive-ish Dutch players would sign for RC was not because of wads of cash from Brookes Mileson Uncle Roy, but because Inverness and Schiphol airports are linked.

:lol:

Inverness airport to Victoria Park, Dingwall - 21 miles

Edinburgh airport to The Falkirk Stadium - 18 miles

:lol:

It's a bit of a misconception that he didn't do well for us. There was a stat on our thread in the last week about points won with or without Froxy and I think we won around 95% of our points with him in the team, I think Brechin were the only team we beat without him. He was massively under-used in his best position, leaving him out wide exposed his defensive problems and after he failed to track his man in the Irn Bru final (which lost us the game) he was barely seen again. His free kick that won us the TNS semi-final will live with every Sons fan for a long, long time. Ridiculous effort causing ridiculous scenes.
Plus, I'm sure when he does this at East End again he'll be instantly loved:
giphy.gif
Yeah youl have to forgive my lack of knowledge on how much he played for you etc but what he APPEARS to be is someone who was bit part, able to turn it on in spurts but ultimately maybe not ablefor the step up.

Conversely, people like Hartley are paid to recognise potential regardless of circumstances. If Froxy had put in a shit hot season by conventional wisdom we wouldnt be in with a shot of getting him. Hartley must be saying look this guy was a square peg in a round hole at Dumbarton but his attributes suit what we want to do.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah youl have to forgive my lack of knowledge on how much he played for you etc but what he APPEARS to be is someone who was bit part, able to turn it on in spurts but ultimately maybe not ablefor the step up.

Conversely, people like Hartley are paid to recognise potential regardless of circumstances. If Froxy had put in a shit hot season by conventional wisdom we wouldnt be in with a shot of getting him. Hartley must be saying look this guy was a square peg in a round hole at Dumbarton but his attributes suit what we want to do.

I'll be interested to see how fit he gets with full-time training as I think that could be a big part of how well he does.  He didn't have another job with us, so had time during the days to get himself into excellent shape but that never really materialised (not that he was a big fat b*****d or anything, but in the last 15/20 of every game he would be blowing out of his arse).  I don't expect Hartley will allow him such a laid back approach to fitness if he's hounding him every day at training though. Loves a sexy sauna pic btw.

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I wholeheartedly agree, its little wonder the rest of Scotland is lagging behind the epicenter of culture, progress and entertainment that is Dingwall.