The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, that's him. 

Of course it is, it's not like any manager is going to change his mind based on some punters on social media is it? However it's ridiculously foolish to try and imply that managers don't sign duds, and Hartley signed his fair few at Dundee. 

I didn't say at any point his lack of games would affect his match fitness? I was making the point that a bloke who couldn't get a game for Newport, and then Truro probably isn't as good as the fan reviews are getting made out,and that it could perhaps be a case of absence erasing any negative points, something that fans of all club are guilty off. Someone then tried to make out the bloke had been extensively scouted over the six months, when he's barely played! 

He played 11 games for Newport last season, then four games for Truro from February onwards. So there was certainly something going on, but to say he couldn't get a game is stretching it. I don't know what happened, but I'm happy enough betting it was personal given that he seems to have to left with the best wishes of the fans and players. He's clearly been scouted at some point, doesn't have to have been in the last six months though, does it? Could well be someone that Hartley has had his eye on for a while.

Id rather take a punt  on players who might be shit than sign players like flood, devine and durnan that we know are shit.

Agreed.

We have no idea how this “experiment” will work but I’m excited for it and will fully back Paul Hartley.

No more room for sentiment, let’s win games of football and get out the league.

9 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

He played 11 games for Newport last season, then four games for Truro from February onwards. So there was certainly something going on, but to say he couldn't get a game is stretching it. I don't know what happened, but I'm happy enough betting it was personal given that he seems to have to left with the best wishes of the fans and players. He's clearly been scouted at some point, doesn't have to have been in the last six months though, does it? Could well be someone that Hartley has had his eye on for a while.

Since he came on as a substitute on new years he's played four games, four games in six months is struggling to get a game. 

How much are you willing to bet? Bang his name into Google and there's an interview before he went to Truro where the manager is fairly complimentary but is pretty clear that he needs to kick on and start performing having struggled to get into the team, evidently going to Truro and then struggling to get into that team wasn't kicking on. 

1 minute ago, spud131 said:

Some rocket on facebook suggesting John Terry as a possible signing for Falkirk?? Screenshot_20180618-134848_Facebook.jpg

But fans in social media are so reliable and sensible... 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Since he came on as a substitute on new years he's played four games, four games in six months is struggling to get a game. 

How much are you willing to bet? Bang his name into Google and there's an interview before he went to Truro where the manager is fairly complimentary but is pretty clear that he needs to kick on and start performing having struggled to get into the team, evidently going to Truro and then struggling to get into that team wasn't kicking on. 

But fans in social media are so reliable and sensible... 

So we are talking about a young player who's had a hard six months and had moved on. f**k me, you're a cynical b*****d. You realise if you were in charge of recruitment at Dunfermline you'd never have taken on the likes of Fais? 

Just now, JinkyBairn said:

Why is this Grant boy so desperate to tell us how shite our new signing is?

Because he's crying his eyes out over Flood being the high point of the window for his lot. 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Given the likes of Motherwell (with two cup runs of money in the bank) are signing guys from two leagues below League 2 level, I reckon this guy will be a decent signing for us

Yes, every single player from that level and above will be great. Absolutely flawless logic. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Yes, every single player from that level and above will be great. Absolutely flawless logic. 

You're right mate, we should all be raging we've signed an unknown who nobody knows will either be great or shite, and not be looking closer to home for solid players such as Mark Durnan and Willo Flood.

Actually, some of us ain’t creaming ourselves over today’s signing specifically. It’s the strategy of signing a host of unknowns, many of whom appear to be well regarded and the consequent excitement of the unknown.
Personally I think there probably will be one or two duds (there usually are), but we might also unveil a few Championship level superstars who will put Willo and others to shame.....

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Because he's crying his eyes out over Flood being the high point of the window for his lot. 

Some imagination you chief. 

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

So we are talking about a young player who's had a hard six months and had moved on. f**k me, you're a cynical b*****d. You realise if you were in charge of recruitment at Dunfermline you'd never have taken on the likes of Fais? 

No one has any idea what we're talking about, I'm not cynical either, I'm just not in the habit of making up situations in my mind with absolutely no backing which is what you appear to be going for. 

I would've offered Faiss a trial and signed him up, which is what we done, hth. 

5 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Why is this Grant boy so desperate to tell us how shite our new signing is?

Probably best to look up what a forum is matey.  You seem to be struggling with what it is. 

Falkirk fans seem sensitive tonight. 

Sensitive?

Nah, not really. Bemused as all hell as to why you are here laughing at us trying to unearth new players when your own club continues to hoover up Uniteds shite.

But you do you, I guess.

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

But he was good in Football Manager........!!

A lot of English based lower league players come up here and look like Pele due to the standard and go back down for the big bucks with a fee and end up coming back to Scotland to retrace that magical period, then there are players just not good enough at either level. I'd rather get off the Scottish player merry go round which we were on. Robson, Jakubiak and Nelson for me turned our season around with all three of them from England, the fact all three had little mentions of being Poty and only being with us half a season says it all. 

We will obviously still be trading partly in the Scottish market but the English market has been good to a lot of our clubs or rearing our own, the latter we obviously have stopped doing.

If you are happy with with the merry go round of players on the slide or players who had poor seasons elsewhere in Scotland, well that's your prerogative but I'd guess you'd be most pleased with your signing from England over the others so far unless you seriously think Willo Flood was Utd's best player

Edited by MrDust

Probably best to look up what a forum is matey.  You seem to be struggling with what it is. 

Falkirk fans seem sensitive tonight. 

Whereas you seem particularly needy for what........agreement?.........disagreement?.........plain old social contact?
The undertone is one of wailing dissatisfaction for Dunfermline’s well trodden path (albeit with a big game of swap meet with DU where they take your better players and you take one of their discarded ones). You profess logic, but clearly your wee heart is breaking.

NEWS JUST IN

Pissing contest ongoing.

No end in site.

Falkirk now officially drowning in pish after the much publicised drought in the patter desert the locals reside in.