The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

At Ibrox or Parkhead, those teams will normally hold more of the possession and consequently spend more time in our box.

Hence it’s more likely that a debatable penalty decision will become subject to VAR in their favour.

I also think it’s a lot more likely that decisions will go to VAR when referees are being put under pressure by intimidating audiences.

VAR is being used to award penalties, not to revoke them.

I've watched Falkirk and Scotland for 30+ years and have to say I feel we've both been on the receiving end of more bad decisions than good fortune.

I hate losing because a ref/linesman made a shocking decision where as losing because they beat you fair and square is fine.

I'd rather lose 4-0 fair and square than 1-0 from an offside goal

I've watched Falkirk and Scotland for 30+ years and have to say I feel we've both been on the receiving end of more bad decisions than good fortune.
I hate losing because a ref/linesman made a shocking decision where as losing because they beat you fair and square is fine.
I'd rather lose 4-0 fair and square than 1-0 from an offside goal

You normally need a bit of good fortune to get a result at those grounds. VAR will more often remove that increasing the likelihood of a narrow defeat to a debatable penalty...

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You normally need a bit of good fortune to get a result at those grounds. VAR will more often remove that increasing the likelihood of a narrow defeat to a debatable penalty...

I keep saying it but you arent reading it.

If we lose fair and square then fine.

If we lose because the home fans shout loud for a dodgy penalty then that stinks for a long time.

I'm not looking to fluke a lucky win over them.

I just want a fair crack at the whip

I keep saying it but you arent reading it.
If we lose fair and square then fine.
If we lose because the home fans shout loud for a dodgy penalty then that stinks for a long time.
I'm not looking to fluke a lucky win over them.
I just want a fair crack at the whip

I am, but I think where we differ is that you believe VAR will produce the correct and fair outcome.
My point is that most of the issues remain debatable but a penalty is more likely to be awarded because VAR was used. It’s also more likely to be awarded to the team in greater possession.
Five penalties awarded in four World Cup ties appears to bear this out. Even then, those that went to VAR were open to opinion...

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I am, but I think where we differ is that you believe VAR will produce the correct and fair outcome.
My point is that most of the issues remain debatable but a penalty is more likely to be awarded because VAR was used. It’s also more likely to be awarded to the team in greater possession.
Five penalties awarded in four World Cup ties appears to bear this out. Even then, those that went to VAR were open to opinion...

I hear that but I'm basing my opinion on 31 years of Falkirk experience.

If Rangers got 1 dodgy pen v us and 1 stonewall not given then i wouldnt grumble.

Where i grumble is that doesn't happen.

More often than not they both get terrible decisions for them and we have to put up with it 

VAR can only help in that respect and certainly cannot hinder us further

Thank f**k its only 1 sleep until we can re-engage in wild speculation and hounding Bainsford Bairn for his location. The knowledge that a signing won't come is worse than nursing a semi all day knowing that it could.

VAR Is much more likely to get the correct decision than the week minded Refs in this country who buckle at the first shout from the home end. With Gaz on this, history shows your logic is flawed.

As far as ruin the game I think you are somewhat over dramatising things.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thank f**k its only 1 sleep until we can re-engage in wild speculation and hounding Bainsford Bairn for his location. 

I can save you the bother on that one Bairnado. I'll be in the stadium virtually every day next week. There's twelve separate FFC jobs in my diary between Mon-Fri, and I can think of a few others that will be added once the players are back.

The majority of those are commercial / new strip related, but there may be one or two or :ph34r:  fitba-type jobs that you'll be keen to see the results of.

The club website hinted last week that there would be signings announced before the players return. We're still on course for that to happen.

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I can save you the bother on that one Bairnado. I'll be in the stadium virtually every day next week. There's twelve separate FFC jobs in my diary between Mon-Fri, and I can think of a few others that will be added once the players are back.

The majority of those are commercial / new strip related, but there may be one or two or :ph34r:  fitba-type jobs that you'll be keen to see the results of.

The club website hinted last week that there would be signings announced before the players return. We're still on course for that to happen.

tapatalk_1496743496965.gif

VAR Is much more likely to get the correct decision than the week minded Refs in this country who buckle at the first shout from the home end. With Gaz on this, history shows your logic is flawed.

As far as ruin the game I think you are somewhat over dramatising things.

How history can show that my logic is flawed when it’s only just been implemented is beyond me.
I think we’ve had eight games of it so far.
I’m happy to reserve judgement but I suspect over 64 games of multiple debatable decisions being made off the park I’ll be more convinced still that it’s a bad thing for our game.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thought Hartley said last week that he had concluded business in the defensive areas?

If he can kick a ball with his right foot, and can run, give the boy a contract. 

Yeah we need an orthodox RB/RWB. We have seen before with Tumilty how even a limited player skillwise playing in his correct position lends balance to the team. Crucial you dont have a lame duck or the whole team gets exposed down one side.