The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is pish does Hartley not work weekends?

Saturday's are for enjoying yourself, having a few drinks and getting your big end away.....

He'll maybe be in on Sunday afternoon though. Overtime, double money.....yeah!

33 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Saturday's are for enjoying yourself, having a few drinks and getting your big end away.....

He'll maybe be in on Sunday afternoon though. Overtime, double money.....yeah!

Been a long time since I got my end away on a Saturday, big or small. 

I also seem to have been replaced with an imperfect, middle aged fat clone. 

Probably not the right forum (yet), but I really dread the day VAR comes into action in Scottish football. Five penalties in four games today. If this carries on football will become a mockery with most games being decided on penalty incidents rather than good open play.
The biggest threat to our game imo, providing even less opportunities for smaller clubs to prevail.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Probably not the right forum (yet), but I really dread the day VAR comes into action in Scottish football. Five penalties in four games today. If this carries on football will become a mockery with most games being decided on penalty incidents rather than good open play.
The biggest threat to our game imo, providing even less opportunities for smaller clubs to prevail.

I'm holding out for the inevitable Ronaldo VAR red card for diving, then I'll die laughing. 

16 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

McCall ripped the team up more than Hartley has. We got off to a flier that season. Add to that, we will have 4 competitive games before the first league game.

Tbf we were Airdrie fc under a Falkirk badge and not x y z a b c d e f h l v from all over the place, history suggests Jeffries first season, the mind says create history

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The biggest threat to our game imo, providing even less opportunities for smaller clubs to prev

I've only seen two of the var decisions, both I'd say weren't pens and obv in both I seen weren't pens and they got it right first time kinda brings in my thots overall about var, in that its never ever gonna be 100% conclusive. The ref has I dunno wot, 3 or 4 looks at it, if not less and sometimes it takes 5,6 or more to come to a decision and even then its not right.

Its been proven with var so far that one agrees and one doesn't, its not always conclusive.

I actually like a bit controversy in games post, the ball crossing line is all we need as far as I'm concerned, var doesn't solve it all.

On that tho, I don't think it will continue as its been proven so far to still split the decision and not gave a 100% answer.

I've only seen two of the var decisions, both I'd say weren't pens and obv in both I seen weren't pens and they got it right first time kinda brings in my thots overall about var, in that its never ever gonna be 100% conclusive. The ref has I dunno wot, 3 or 4 looks at it, if not less and sometimes it takes 5,6 or more to come to a decision and even then its not right.
Its been proven with var so far that one agrees and one doesn't, its not always conclusive.
I actually like a bit controversy in games post, the ball crossing line is all we need as far as I'm concerned, var doesn't solve it all.
On that tho, I don't think it will continue as its been proven so far to still split the decision and not gave a 100% answer.

Goal line technology is great. Definitive answer every time.
VAR will rip the heart and soul out of the game imo...

1 minute ago, bud1876 said:
5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ah, but with VAR do we actually get to these cup finals and semi-finals?…

In the interest of fair play ( to us ) VAR comes into effect for the semi finals and final only.

Probably right that VAR would only be used in the later rounds and not a Scottish Cup round 3 tie at Brockville

Which decisions are you getting at and I will answer?

Think you are missing my point.
You would have to go through EVERY match in the cup ( not just the ones we played in). Results will be affected, the teams we play in each round may differ, and god knows which situations might arise in every one of those games.
The only thing I can pretty much guarantee is the the bigger clubs would benefit to the detriment of the lesser clubs....

17 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Surely with VAR we get Extra time in the 97 Cup final?

Also in 98 we don't lose to Hearts and get a replay?

I had it in my head Ollie was a shoulder offside, latterly I was undecided im sure in the updated var, my heart and head ruled it was onside, tbh I'd rather it came down to on the day

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Which decisions are you getting at and I will answer?

So you have just prove to me that your answer is right...well not, the case I pointed towards that one persons opinion isn't exactly factual unlike goal line tech where its black or white, nothing really changed with var, personally the two decisions I seen were incorrect and other ex pros agreed, not just me

We will never get 100% from var

Edited by MrDust

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I had it in my head Ollie was a shoulder offside, latterly I was undecided im sure in the updated var, my heart and head ruled it was onside, tbh I'd rather it came down to on the day

So you have just prove to me that your answer is right...well not, the case I pointed towards that one persons opinion isn't exactly factual unlike goal line tech where its black or white, nothing really changed with var, personally the two decisions I seen were incorrect and other ex pros agreed, not just me

Sky used the new technology to prove the 97 Ollie goal was onside.

It wasn't VAR but the 1 where they freeze picture and move the angle you view to see it from the side.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Think you are missing my point.
You would have to go through EVERY match in the cup ( not just the ones we played in). Results will be affected, the teams we play in each round may differ, and god knows which situations might arise in every one of those games.
The only thing I can pretty much guarantee is the the bigger clubs would benefit to the detriment of the lesser clubs....

I don't see how you assume bigger teams gain from it when time after time I see bigger teams intimidate a ref into decisions.

I was at Parkhead when 1 of their players punched the ball into the net for fuxake.

If anything Celtic and Rangers would hate VAR as smaller teams would get a fair non intimidated ref

I don't see how you assume bigger teams gain from it when time after time I see bigger teams intimidate a ref into decisions.

I was at Parkhead when 1 of their players punched the ball into the net for fuxake.

If anything Celtic and Rangers would hate VAR as smaller teams would get a fair non intimidated ref

At Ibrox or Parkhead, those teams will normally hold more of the possession and consequently spend more time in our box.

Hence it’s more likely that a debatable penalty decision will become subject to VAR in their favour.

I also think it’s a lot more likely that decisions will go to VAR when referees are being put under pressure by intimidating audiences.

VAR is being used to award penalties, not to revoke them.