The Falkirk FC Thread

We had a truly awful start to the league last season and it’s a tricky opening four games with:
ICT (home)
Partick (away)
QoS (home)
Ross County (away)

I think if we got 7 points from that lot I’d be quite happy given we know so little about the quality in our new squad.
I think even if the teams as good as we all hope it’s going to take a few weeks, even worse months, before they gel adequately.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

We had a truly awful start to the league last season and it’s a tricky opening four games with:
ICT (home)
Partick (away)
QoS (home)
Ross County (away)

I think if we got 7 points from that lot I’d be quite happy given we know so little about the quality in our new squad.
I think even if the teams as good as we all hope it’s going to take a few weeks, even worse months, before they gel adequately.

13 points from that lot. Easy. The Don will make it so.

ICT (home)
Partick (away)
QoS (home)
Ross County (away)

McCall ripped the team up more than Hartley has. We got off to a flier that season. Add to that, we will have 4 competitive games before the first league game.

21 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Told you! I know the guy who fixe programmes the computer.

I'm sure your maw will be happy if you treat her to a wee weekend in Inverness. 

Somehow, I can't see her going for that one! :lol:

McCall ripped the team up more than Hartley has. We got off to a flier that season. Add to that, we will have 4 competitive games before the first league game.

Perhaps so, and that’s quite re-assuring too. However, I don’t think he filled the team with unknowns from the English lower leagues.
It’s an exciting time, for sure, but our performance next season could go to either extreme given we know so little about them.

Perhaps so, and that’s quite re-assuring too. However, I don’t think he filled the team with unknowns from the English lower leagues.
It’s an exciting time, for sure, but our performance next season could go to either extreme given we know so little about them.

He filled the team with journeymen which could have completely backfired.

Let’s just wait and see. I looking forward to this season more than I have since we came down.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

So far Hartley has added unknown muscles to the back line, something we have lacked in previous seasons so let's see if the player's signed are up to it. 

I can see where his thoughts are defensively, now we need a kingpin for central midfield and a few pacey types to give us some width. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sounds like a cough medicine

I'm stuck in Edinburgh at a wedding. Driving too. Only bright point will be several awesome signings, or a lapdance from Salma Hayek. At this point, the lapdance seems more likely.