The Falkirk FC Thread

Need to give the new lad a chance the same as the others but I am a bit concerned we don't have a natural fullback or wingback, I would assume this means we are playing 3 at the back as we have plenty of big guys there but hopefully we don't lack the players to adjust the formation if need be or end up a bit slow for any balls played in behind.

Looking forward to another dozen signings in the next week.

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you means players from English football who were a success with us then you would have to throw in Higginbotham, maybe Beck, and certainly going further back the likes of Cregg & Stokes. Overall there's probably been more misses than hits but the good ones have been very good, hence why most of us are excited at this new approach.

It helps of course that so far Hartley's recruitment from England has been spot on.

I'll give you Higginbotham as he was an unknown. Beck i don't think did enough to justify being counted. In the context of this discussion I don't think an Arsenal loanee and former Arsenal youth player can count as taking a plunge on the unknown. Damn good players though.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely this. With a population of ten times that of Scotland, and registered league clubs a little over double that of Scotland, League 1 and League 2 in England is awash with players who are way to good for the Scottish Championship.
Circumstances draw a few north of the border, and if you get a half decent one, they are often the best player at whichever club they end up with.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

There's a weird attitude in Scotland where a lot of people are wilfully ignorant of the gulf in class. I mean, our premiership is sub Championship level, without a doubt. And our championship is easily at the arse end of the English system. So it's not a case of us guddling way below our level, more a case of idiots who think the league numbers are somehow relatable. 

Cant agree more, you only need to look at the levels down south which have full time football and how much they are paying players to see what kind of standard there is.  all 4 football league divisions and the conference are full time professionals.   up here there are 20 or so teams full time of which we were the lowest placed in the leagues.

9 hours ago, Piracy said:

I disagree with your opinion.

Tell me a bit more about how Fais is lightweight.

Some level of substantitation if you can articulate it.

Otherwise it will remain pish.

Tell me how he has done when he jumped up two leagues against pro players and not plumbers, fitness type people, joiners etc

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

But seen the lad in numerous Pars games.

He's not that easy put off the ball. 

He competes well enough physically.

Have you seen him in a league thats not 80% part time ?

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

AJ has a bit of a track record with players careers that are floundering.

Names please, I need a fukn giggle

5 hours ago, Russ said:

Pedro emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png.

What a fucking dreamboat.

Spoke to my Portuguese neighbour last night  through interpretation, I mentioned Tiagio, Vitor Lima and Pedro........he only recognised Pedro

4 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Did James Sharp also come to us from Hartlepool? 

Top bloke, maybe not always on the park but a top bloke.....

My heartache of them beating us (Tranmere) and being at both legs in the play offs haunt me....

monkeyhangers

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Out the job for months and he’s still rattling cages. Glorious :lol:
IMG_1528996056.385549.jpg

always ginger god in my eyes

2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Hartlepool fans opinion means less than nothing, few of them giving it ‘worst player to ever wear the shirt’ he has won supporters player of the year lol.

Can also remember Tranmere fans giving it the same patter when Vaulks got released, don’t really think I need to explain how that worked out.

Where did you see Tranmere fans patter re Vaulks ?

Being a Tranmere fan, majority I got was unknown and maybe couldve done a job or he couldve done a job, no negativity for my knowledge

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Signing English lower league players is a far better tactic than signing SPFL Premiership/Championship jobbers IMO.

I loved Inverness as a place and always had a soft spot regarding the team also when you were in lower leagues, the love became more when you signed ex Tranmere players....

Inverness and Motherwell had made of job of signing such players from lower english leagues and selling them on for mad fees.....

On paper makes sense than signing jobbers who then fall down the leagues after perhaps doing a job or in most case not, that they are done. Its a sexy and perhaps more hype signing players outside the Scotland market but there has been some top drawer donkeys also

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

One of the best centre backs in the league needs to play in his proper position. McGhee would be absolutely wasted out on the right. 

Im not too sure we have found a position that suits McGhee yet.........

He was honking as left wing back but ok as a fullback on the left, tho Id say a wing back and a fullback arent as much of a difference

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Here are the players we signed from lower league English clubs during the years that we really went down that road, roughly 2011-2015.  I'm not including players signed from English sides youth programmes just the sort that people call 'jobbers;.

Carl Tremarco - Macclesfield (Conference) - Started off a bit wild but probably our best defender for the last few years.  Cup winner.

Loved him as a Tranmere player, tho his hot head probably cost him and I think a around a 10k offer to go to Macc had them cutting there losses re his mad heid

Loved him as a Tranmere player, tho his hot head probably cost him and I think a around a 10k offer to go to Macc had them cutting there losses re his mad heid

Tbf mate it was a while ago but to my knowledge it was Moore and fans who said he just totally wasn’t upto it

Here im pretty sure Lewis has been used as far down as a wing back and he’s flying, could be in the dons thinking

Great shout, never thought about that. Would honesty rather that than Muirhead/Kidd effort. Kidd actually came to us from Queens when they advised he was more of a wing back, but there’s nothing I’ve seen to suggest he fits this role well. He did surprisingly well in a centre midfield 3 when he had a tough tackler and a creative midfielder alongside him.

24 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Tbf mate it was a while ago but to my knowledge it was Moore and fans who said he just totally wasn’t upto it

I never seen one bit of any Tranmere fan dis Vaulks other that he was untried and unknown, majority feel he couldve done a job

Moore did diss him whilst at Tranmere and has been repeatedly slagged in bt sport non league coverage of which he has held his hand up to and said even in the recent play offs he got it wrong

Great shout, never thought about that. Would honesty rather that than Muirhead/Kidd effort. Kidd actually came to us from Queens when they advised he was more of a wing back, but there’s nothing I’ve seen to suggest he fits this role well. He did surprisingly well in a centre midfield 3 when he had a tough tackler and a creative midfielder alongside him.

Aye he can play in a midfield 3 as the spare man to just drift into open space but your right I’ve never been convinced as a wing back

I never seen one bit of any Tranmere fan dis Vaulks other that he was untried and unknown, majority feel he couldve done a job
Moore did diss him whilst at Tranmere and has been repeatedly slagged in bt sport non league coverage of which he has held his hand up to and said even in the recent play offs he got it wrong

Your probably right then and aye I’ve heard Moore getting roasted for it and rightfully so but at least he’s good with it and takes it on the chin.

Your probably right then and aye I’ve heard Moore getting roasted for it and rightfully so but at least he’s good with it and takes it on the chin.

I’m glad Higgy is staying at the Pars next year. Now looking forward to Dallison and Co putting him 6ft in the air a few times [emoji51]
Looking forward to them taking turns to wind the c**t right up..... then chewing him up... spitting him out like a piece of rats vomit.
2 red cards for Higgy against us next season.

6 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Looking forward to them taking turns to wind the c**t right up..... then chewing him up... spitting him out like a piece of rats vomit.
2 red cards for Higgy against us next season.

IMG_20180614_195402_015.jpg