The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wait, people think Fraser Hornby, who was playing at the Toulon Tournament last week, is signing for Falkirk?

McCrorrie was at Berwick last season. Burt was at Dumbarton last season. Ralston was at Dundee United last season. 

Aye before a tournament.  If a player does well at one his stock rises.   Mid-table Scottish Championship clubs wont get players who have done well at one, even on loan.

Gilmour to Dunfermline is it?

While we remain concerned that we haven't had lots of signings, let's spare a minute to think of the Pars who seem to have spend the last few days essentially drip feeding bad news to their fans and allowing fan favorites to walk out of the club with no real good news to balance it (Unless you think the signing of Longridge and Longridge will propel them to new heights). At least we have the potential to bring in players from down south who might turn out good, due to Hartley scouting further than the central belt.

While we remain concerned that we haven't had lots of signings, let's spare a minute to think of the Pars who seem to have spend the last few days essentially drip feeding bad news to their fans and allowing fan favorites to walk out of the club with no real good news to balance it (Unless you think the signing of Longridge and Longridge will propel them to new heights). At least we have the potential to bring in players from down south who might turn out good, due to Hartley scouting further than the central belt.

Dunfermline signed a player from Sunderland.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye before a tournament.  If a player does well at one his stock rises.   Mid-table Scottish Championship clubs wont get players who have done well at one, even on loan.

Gilmour to Dunfermline is it?

McCrorrie started games and is likely signing on loan for Ayr. I'm not saying we're definitely signing Hornby or that it's likely, but it's certainly not impossible. 

I take it you think the three players I mentioned above will all be starting games at a better level than the Scottish Championship next season?

Well Lionel Messi sighing for Falkirk isn't impossible given he's a footballer and Falkirk are a football club.  It's not very likey though is it?

Some of you lads are getting to Dundee fan levels of delusion here.   I thought you were better than that.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dunfermline signed a player from Sunderland.

True. They also signed two absolutely useless CBs, an utter headless chicken and a red card waiting to happen all from within 30 miles of themselves. From what i've seen the loss of Cardle, Aird, Wedderburn, Morris, Clarke and McManus is not convincing their fans of a summer of good dealings so far. 

4 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Your just bitter you have Nathan Austin and Jordan Shite leading the line for you next season :thumsup2

ICT will be just fine.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Well Lionel Messi sighing for Falkirk isn't impossible given he's a footballer and Falkirk are a football club.  It's not very likey though is it?

Some of you lads are getting to Dundee fan levels of delusion here.   I thought you were better than that.

That's a daft analogy. 

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just as ridiculous as Fraser Horny signing for Falkirk isnt it?

Obviously not. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's a daft analogy. 

Obviously not. 

No it isn't.  It's 2 players who aren't going to be joining Falkirk.