The Falkirk FC Thread

Must be for them cause I went to Partick games with my dad and know he is highly rated by them

He’s an absolute charlatan, and I’m fucking delighted he’ll not be at Thistle this year.

So, I’d hazard a guess it’s unfortunate for you.

I’m not sure who you spoke to, but I don’t know a single Thistle fan who rated Martin Woods as a player in his half a season with us. Injury prone, sideways nothing passes, shite set pieces, pointing and shouting at others while not actually doing anything himself. In a relatable way to Falkirk fans, he’s a lesser Sean Welsh.

I think the opinions of Thistle fans will be glowing compared to the Ross County fans if they chip in.

He has a small number of Ross County supporters on here who rate him.
No,  I don’t get it either. :lol: 

Martin Woods! I shudder at the mention of his name. Aside from him being crap, he’s petulant, blames everybody and anything apart from himself when he messes up. Pulls out of tackles then pulls them down from behind as they go past. Feigns injury every time he’s on the losing side so that he can limp off as the wounded warrior. Took every corner and dead ball and made a mess of each and every one.

Did I mention he was crap?

Once a season he’ll play a blinder and look light years ahead of everyone on the pitch. He’ll then hide for the rest of the year, jet off to Dubai when he’s suspended and post pictures of trips to smoke shisha in nightclubs on instagram.

He’ll be, by some considerable distance, your top paid player. He’ll also shirk any responsibility.

In short, don’t be fooled by his rugged good looks and one great game a season. Utter con.

Martin. Fucking. Woods. 
Took every set piece for 2 years and is still yet to beat the first man. Head goes the second something goes against him. Used to dread seeing his name come up on the team sheet. And it did. Every. Fucking. Week. 
I could go on about how shit he is all day but my blood pressure would go.

His corners were good for us for 2 games or so and I'd convinced myself it was the usual P&B slate any player who has left the club stuff from Ross County fans
I was very wrong.

In a season as poor as the last one and with as many charlatans parading about in a Thistle jersey as there were, it says a lot that Martin Woods was the one who I despised the most.

Martin Woods is one of the biggest shitebags I’ve seen. Good luck with that one.

Well that’s fairly conclusive. Can’t wait for him to sign.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He's still young but I'd agree he needs half a season minimum in a lower league being booted all over the pitch to 1) get momentum and 2) show he fancies putting in what's required to be a full time professional footballer. Maybe I'm being unfair but he seems very comfortable playing kids football, accumulating tattoos and getting blootered at the weekend. 

Houston shafted him on the season when he went on loan to East Fife, he did very much as above, wasnt automatic choice, became automatic choice then forced to come back to sit in the stand and play development football, where he shouldve spent the season at East Fife as he had found his feet, scoring a hat trick in a development game and not being even in the squad when we were struggling to score goals with Miller, Baird and McHugh albeit Austin found his feet a bit in the 2nd half of that season but still went missing like the others.

I am not O'Hara or sticking up for him again as Id have had him and Shepherd gone but can see Hartley logic in that a 1yr contract and his age may see him reach near the potential seen in him way back, if not, its a low wage and worth the gamble as far as I am concerned, he for sure put the work in within the gym last season, hopefully this season is the same and he gets the rewards

11 hours ago, Trump said:

This read is becoming unreadable at times. Whilst we are uncertain on signing coming in, what we do know is the league fixtures are being announced on Friday.

What fixture do we want for our opening game?

I'm more interested in 1st September, my first game in 3 years...

Home game or Thistle away please...

I know it will be a common”want” at every club, but please God, give a few players with or without baggage for whom the up escalator is their preferred mode of transport.
Be it Loy or Harris (or whoever else that has left or leaving) we have now had more than our fair share of down escalator passengers to last us for a good few seasons.
First fixture? Don’t care, provided it supplies us with our first opening day win since Beckham was a Real Madrid player.

Houston shafted him on the season when he went on loan to East Fife, he did very much as above, wasnt automatic choice, became automatic choice then forced to come back to sit in the stand and play development football, where he shouldve spent the season at East Fife as he had found his feet, scoring a hat trick in a development game and not being even in the squad when we were struggling to score goals with Miller, Baird and McHugh albeit Austin found his feet a bit in the 2nd half of that season but still went missing like the others.
I am not O'Hara or sticking up for him again as Id have had him and Shepherd gone but can see Hartley logic in that a 1yr contract and his age may see him reach near the potential seen in him way back, if not, its a low wage and worth the gamble as far as I am concerned, he for sure put the work in within the gym last season, hopefully this season is the same and he gets the rewards
Hiya Kev O'Hara

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Hiya Kev O'Hara

I'll take that....

Tho scarily I've had season tickets way before he was born and probably when his mum was going through puberty

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Interestingly, its also the same time it takes 2 Rory Loys to cover an acre of ground

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA AMARITE BUT!!!!?!?!?!?

Fairly certain it would take Loy to the january window to cover that much ground.

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Aye that decision to bring back o'hara and not give him a sniff was utterly ludicrous.  A mind boggling decision from houston.

I think it's been a combination of bad luck and circumstance but O'Hara's chance has come and gone. He was direct and pacey when he first broke through. Had Baird not pinched his goal versus sevco he might have kicked on and never looked back. That didn't happen though. He's now bulked up but in turn, this has lost him a good yard or two of pace which was his main attribute. 

He's now playing like someone with no confidence, taking an extra touch, dwelling on the ball and looking for a safe pass rather than trying anything meaningful. I'd have released him but he won't be on much and if he could find some confidence, who knows.  However, I can't see it and he'll find his level at Stirling Albion or someone similar in a couple year's time. Waste of a wage ultimately.