The Falkirk FC Thread

This read is becoming unreadable at times. Whilst we are uncertain on signing coming in, what we do know is the league fixtures are being announced on Friday. What fixture do we want for our opening game?

Alloa - Home or Away.

This read is becoming unreadable at times. Whilst we are uncertain on signing coming in, what we do know is the league fixtures are being announced on Friday. What fixture do we want for our opening game?

Alloa at home.

Id settle for Alloa home then some middling dross like the Journeymen or Morton. We are going into the unknown and theres no way you can say anything is a banker but I would love to see our stall set out early by having points on the board before we face any of the bigger teams. There are so many rebuilds going on in the league though that its basically pointless saying who you might want.

The reality is we should really just be looking to avoid Ayr away and hopefully get a home game. If we want promoted we should be backing ourselves to beat anyone at home.

But as for first fixture? Probably play it as safe as you can in this league. Alloa, not fussed whether at home or away. Hopefully get a good performance in to help the new guys settle in. With any luck we will have had a good cup prelim and not shit the first half of the league again.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

46 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Rumoured that Falkirk are set to make 5 (five) new signings this week. Unfortunately one of them appears to be Martin Woods.

On the small chance you are being genuine; unfortunate for Falkirk or you? 

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Thread really needs a signing to talk about. Brutal reading these days.

Or the Pars signing Scott Shepherd and/or Alex Harris and/or Sean Welsh.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Id settle for Alloa home then some middling dross like the Journeymen or Morton. We are going into the unknown and theres no way you can say anything is a banker but I would love to see our stall set out early by having points on the board before we face any of the bigger teams. There are so many rebuilds going on in the league though that its basically pointless saying who you might want.

The reality is we should really just be looking to avoid Ayr away and hopefully get a home game. If we want promoted we should be backing ourselves to beat anyone at home.

I think id rather avoid Alloa, first game of the season can see teams start with a buzz especially in Alloa's case with them punching above their weight again and it being new and no fear, whereas a Partick or Ross County will still have the losing hangover and usually a crude awakening happens to relegated teams early on, so Id got for either of them please or the Pars

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Morton, Ayr or, ideally, Thistle away. 

Edit: Dumfries away as well would be unreal. 

Edited by Marshmallo

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s an absolute charlatan, and I’m fucking delighted he’ll not be at Thistle this year.

So, I’d hazard a guess it’s unfortunate for you.

I'd hazard a guess the OP is trolling to begin with. Mind you; we did take Welsh and tried to retain his services. 

25 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

On the small chance you are being genuine; unfortunate for Falkirk or you? 

I just saw someone put up a list of Scottish rumours from the papers. 

On the face of it for Falkirk but you never know how a player settles at a new club especially with a preseason behind them.

40 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I'd love Partick Thistle away for the first game. Day out in Glasgow with the sun beating out resulting in 3 points and a sun tan.

The last season that saw Falkirk open at Firhill worked out quite nicely for Thistle.

Sadly, I don't see a championship season on the cards for us but then again I'll have to see who else we can bring in.

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

If you went to the games you know they don’t refer themselves as Partick.

Also, I don’t think he’s highly rated by anyone. Wouldn’t be enthralled with this signing at all.

imgur_reaction.gif.b4681b38f04db31627d4ab5cb141dabd.gif

The last season that saw Falkirk open at Firhill worked out quite nicely for Thistle.
Sadly, I don't see a championship season on the cards for us but then again I'll have to see who else we can bring in.
End of the day, this is all pretty much dick waving in every forum. We just don't know what our squads look like. Hell, some teams still don't know what manager they will have when the season kicks off.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app