The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

They were just looking for a sell-on clause.

You wonder why they say an undisclosed fee. Their basically takung the piss out their own fans when they say that and its a sell on clause.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Money in the bank + a decade in the top flight + regular top four finishes + a Scottish Cup = St Johnstone. 

No money + a decade in the Championship + a bottom half finish + losing players to Livingston = Falkirk. 

I dont think anyone can say owt bad other than no fans to the St Johnstone model. I would think the time to gloat isnt when you have had probably the worst season in quite a while, having £2M in the bank doesnt change that.

Its also not quite a decade we have been down here yet......also I think we have a bit of cash and not no money

As for later post in that you will be relegated at some point, that usually is when a bad managerial appointment is made, I think that has been proven with us Eddie May, Inverness with Foran, St Mirren with Tommy Craig,  Ross County with Owen Coyle etc..... 

Plenty mileage whilst you have St Mirren, Livvy and Hamilton in the league and perhaps outside bet with Dundee who can implode at any moment 

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As for later post in that you will be relegated at some point, that usually is when a bad managerial appointment is made, I think that has been proven with us Eddie May, Inverness with Foran, St Mirren with Tommy Craig,  Ross County with Owen Coyle etc..... 

We're well overdue one. When Wright leaves we'll likely be relegated within a few seasons. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I dont think anyone can say owt bad other than no fans to the St Johnstone model. I would think the time to gloat isnt when you have had probably the worst season in quite a while, having £2M in the bank doesnt change that.

Its also not quite a decade we have been down here yet......also I think we have a bit of cash and not no money

Plenty mileage whilst you have St Mirren, Livvy and Hamilton in the league and perhaps outside bet with Dundee who can implode at any moment 

Easy part is staying in the league. However, once you've made a Roger Hunt of it, it's really damn hard to get back up.

Also, Hartley gives me the chubbiest of chubbies.

Just had a phone call with a mate of mine that seemed to be under the impression hartley was leaving and going back to Dundee of all places.

A very surreal conversation but if he turns out to be #ITK rather than a total crackpot I reckon the collective heads gone on here will probably cause a few fatalities.

ETA: He is an Ayr utd man so he might have been huffing paint.

Edited by GMBairn

29 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Just had a phone call with a mate of mine that seemed to be under the impression hartley was leaving and going back to Dundee of all places.

A very surreal conversation but if he turns out to be #ITK rather than a total crackpot I reckon the collective heads gone on here will probably cause a few fatalities.

ETA: He is an Ayr utd man so he might have been huffing paint.

What is he going back to Dundee as, because it obviously isn't as manager? Tea-Boy?

The total crackpot option probably looks most likely tbh.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

When Hartley gets sacked will you all pretend he was shite like you've done with Sibbald?

I guarantee no one answers this question honestly.

How about a big f**k off and worry about your own disintegrating team and jakey manager?

If he doesn't finish higher than last year, I don't care how svelte and urbane he is, he'll be a shite manager. Not hard is it? He can still have a go at the missus though.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Nobody said Sibbald was shite.
He is a loss to us but not as big a loss as Will Vaulks was.

Sent from my F3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

This^

Difference is, Rotherham fans are busy enjoying Vaulks and his contributions, whereas Livi fans are fucking bricking it and Dunfermline fans have nothing going on at home until their sister gets home, so come over here starting some "banter".

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Speaking to falkirkfc.co.uk, Hartley said: “We have been working extremely hard on bringing players in to the club since the end of last season and the process in allowing us to identify these targets has been ongoing since January.

“Part of our activity means that we are dealing in a different market and to be fair to English clubs, players and agents, their season finished later than ours which means that many are still on holiday at present.

“We have set our targets high and in order to attract the calibre of player we are looking for to the club we may need to wait slightly longer to get deals over the line.

“Our competitive season begins on the 14th July and our league season 4th August, we will be raring to go by then.

“I’d also like to take the opportunity to thank all of our supporters who have already purchased their season tickets in the early bird period. We are fast approaching 1,000 sales which, considering we are only one week in, is terrific.

“The Falkirk support have been magnificent with me since I came here and I am really excited about delivering a team which will make them proud.”

I'm a huge mark for this sort of generic pandering. More pls. 

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

When Hartley gets sacked will you all pretend he was shite like you've done with Sibbald?

I guarantee no one answers this question honestly.

Fuck up ya boring cunt

57 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

This^

Difference is, Rotherham fans are busy enjoying Vaulks and his contributions, whereas Livi fans are fucking bricking it and Dunfermline fans have nothing going on at home until their sister gets home, so come over here starting some "banter".

Eh?

Not seen any Livi fans bricking it. We are in a totally unexpected position and have a free shot at the Prem next season. Stunned to have got Sibbald who I’ve always rated quite highly. Life is good as a Livi fan just now!