The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Gofundme page set up to have an airport build next to the helix with direct routes to Germany and Brazil x

If only central Scotland had better links with Schipol (one of the biggest airports in the world)

Tbf, I do find jumping on the M9 at Earls Gate and driving 20 minutes to Edinburgh airport a major fucking chew, so I can understand why a Dutch footballer maybe wouldnt fancy it. Agree that in this scenario, convenience is much more inportant than a f**k-off big wage packet

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Year in year out, apart from the last financial year.

Yes, MacGregor heavily subsidises the wage bill.  I have no problem with that.  The infrastructure is already in place, there's no debt, if he tapered his input then County would be fine, just not a top-flight team for six years at a time.

Accounts posted online only cover up to year ending 2017 which shows a loss of 1.4mill. Cant comment on year ending 2018 but if you've broken even for the first time in years that's probably down to transfer sales and maybe why you ended up bottom.

Why did we let Houston go?!?! He’d have willo flood snapped up by now

Willo Flood and Ross Forbes already signed up on 2 year contracts to line up alongside James Craigen and Alex Harris in midfield.

The c***s moaning about the lack of signings so far, it’s still the start of June ffs, just need to remember what kind of utter shite would already be signed up if Houstie was still here.

In Don Paul we trust.

Willo Flood and Ross Forbes already signed up on 2 year contracts to line up alongside James Craigen and Alex Harris in midfield.

The c***s moaning about the lack of signings so far, it’s still the start of June ffs, just need to remember what kind of utter shite would already be signed up if Houstie was still here.

In Don Paul we trust.

I’ll be honest if this was another manager I’d already be shitting myself about this season but the way he talks and the action he’s taking so far at the club I’ve got every belief he will get exactly what we need through the door. Basically 6/7 big horrible (but sexy) b*****ds willing to run through walls to get us out this league.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Inverness is hardly in Northern Sheltand ffs.  There's tonnes to do here.  3 hours max back down the road/on a plane to their family once in a while is hardly a deal breaker.  The players all hang out with each other anyway outwith training as well so they're not exactly bored.  Plus they're out every weekend bollock deep in the fanny.

And Roy gives them a big fucking hoose as part of the deal, usually.

Just now, Rugster said:

And Roy gives them a big fucking hoose as part of the deal, usually.

The bigger the better for all the clunge IMO.

17 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Gofundme page set up to have an airport build next to the helix with direct routes to Germany and Brazil x

Next to the Helix? The Kelpies' heads should snap back and open up to accommodate the players helictopers. 

44 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Like Utd last season ?

This league isnt really one that £s tie up with positions in any case

Id be more concerned with the Ross County rookie management team both have really zero experience bar getting relegated when it was very much possible to get at least 2nd bottom, pretty much like our Elvis we wont go down episode.

It for sure is gonna be a real open league this season with probably a few managers losing their jobs, I think 2 managers were punted during last season, could easily double that this season.

Agree with that, but  if they are giving out massive salaries with houses on top ffs, they can really attract the best this league has to offer. Lindsay has offers from down south and Scottish Prem clubs and none could match the deal County offered.

Would love it if they fecked it up and your right, its very risky for MacGregor to give such a wage budget to 2 rookie managers!

Will be very interesting to see how they do next season!

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Can't believe there are still people wanting to give harris a chance. 

The sooner he gets the boot the better. 

Absolutely spot on. Amazing that this is still a live topic for some folks; there’s been more energy spent on P&B debating this than Harris ever gave us on the pitch. Utter waster.  And a pea-heart, who contributed not a single positive moment for his wage. Get him to F...ife. 

I came in to lurk at the Falkirk goss and find blind rumours about Jamie Lindsay on £2k per week :lol:  I doubt Celtic were even paying him that last year. [mention=74570]Shodwall cat[/mention] Re: Schalk.  County have had quite a few Dutch players in their time in the top-flight due to the airport link with Amsterdam.  Foreign players don't seem to have the same parochial '120 miles is the end of the world' mentality that is prevelant in Scotland.  Otherwise I take your assurance, and if County were paying over the odds for Van der Weg in a similar manner then they deserved to be relegated.

But if the quoted write offs by your Chairman are correct, then they are indeed paying way over the odds. If you choose to pay three top targets £2k a week, then that’s only £300k out of a quoted £1040k loss.

The money is being pissed away somewhere, and I would bet the grounds man and the laundry people aren’t the ones getting it.

As for airline links between Inverness and Amsterdam......come on, Glasgow and Edi both have vastly more comprehensive flight schedules with Amsterdam, but the central belt isn’t awash with Dutch players because of it.

The Ross County caper as the whiff of Cammy Melville all over it. It might be fine for a season or five, but when it folds, RC will be royally ruptured.

Rangers, Dundee, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Livingston, Hearts.....it always ends exactly the same......especially when these people always square the books at the end of the season.....until the day comes when they don’t.

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

But if the quoted write offs by your Chairman are correct, then they are indeed paying way over the odds. If you choose to pay three top targets £2k a week, then that’s only £300k out of a quoted £1040k loss.

The money is being pissed away somewhere, and I would bet the grounds man and the laundry people aren’t the ones getting it.

As for airline links between Inverness and Amsterdam......come on, Glasgow and Edi both have vastly more comprehensive flight schedules with Amsterdam, but the central belt isn’t awash with Dutch players because of it.

Ross County have so many Dutch players as they all work on the fish farms in the close seasons.*

*Not true.

I was hoping for an unknown 22 year old Egyptian winger who has been on secret trials for the past three weeks, and who reckons the Scottish weather ain’t as bad as he was told it would be..

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

I was hoping for an unknown 22 year old Egyptian winger who has been on secret trials for the past three weeks, and who reckons the Scottish weather ain’t as bad as he was told it would be..

Mohammed Naechance.