The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He played RB once for us that I can recall. It was in 2016 away at Starks Park. The reason I recall this is because he was fucking brutal and sold a goal.

Tbf he wasn't 100% fit that day and shouldn't had played according to Houstie, we were the walking wounded leading up to the play offs that season

I'm sure there was another game in that Houston moved Sibbald to right Mid and Alston to right back to get Hippo on at left mid which destroyed our shape and made both Sibbs and Alston look stupid.

So, not a full back

Edited by MrDust

Got the new season ticket pack through the door today, no mention of the pay up option for those that want it.  I thought credit card surcharges and fee's were now illegal but its still mentioned on the form...

They never proactively push the pay up option but you can fill out a form in the shop.

Which sides could you have drawn that would have been exciting?

I think that’s the point really. The seeding, allowing the top seeds home advantage over the second seeds, and splitting of the sections between North and South means every draw is now pretty mundane.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I think that’s the point really. The seeding, allowing the top seeds home advantage over the second seeds, and splitting of the sections between North and South means every draw is now pretty mundane.

Reverse home advantage emphasis and give the unseeded clubs home advantage against 1st & 2nd.  Falkirk get away trips to grounds we visit less often, & it’s generally going to be a better atmosphere in a tighter ground.. just a thought. 

Reverse home advantage emphasis and give the unseeded clubs home advantage against 1st & 2nd.  Falkirk get away trips to grounds we visit less often, & it’s generally going to be a better atmosphere in a tighter ground.. just a thought. 

Agree. However I guess the argument is that you are rewarding the less successful teams...

Got the new season ticket pack through the door today, no mention of the pay up option for those that want it.  I thought credit card surcharges and fee's were now illegal but its still mentioned on the form...

Charging for credit card payment is illegal

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Which sides could you have drawn that would have been exciting?

One that we didnt play at the same venue over the past two seasons.  As jas been said theres only a choice of 4 top seeds and we're always going to play them away as long as we're in the championship.

59 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I don't think its treated fully with any respect now till the quarter finals, a bit like the challenge cup although its not until the semis with that one.

Always a few shocks due to early start and most teams still doing pre season training and transfers.

I'm pretty glad I'm away when its on, tho a piss up in Forfar sounds ideal, tho will get them midweek or at home now !!!

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree. However I guess the argument is that you are rewarding the less successful teams...

But, against that; given it’s the start of a new season, wouldn’t any cup draw be better if it was completely random, maybe get the paying fans - ie us - better interested in going along? 

Actually I’d be all for any cup comp being a random draw... Eg the Champs League is a farce these days.  The seeding has made it beyond dull until you get to the last 8. 

But, against that; given it’s the start of a new season, wouldn’t any cup draw be better if it was completely random, maybe get the paying fans - ie us - better interested in going along? 
Actually I’d be all for any cup comp being a random draw... Eg the Champs League is a farce these days.  The seeding has made it beyond dull until you get to the last 8. 

The champions league is an awful competition.

Agree. In fact I’d almost go as far as to say that the only really interesting match will be the re-match of Cove v Cowdenbeath....