The Falkirk FC Thread

Personally would love Sibbald to stay for one more year in our attempt for promotion, one season playing good football in a winning team would do wonders for his confidence and finally get that recognition from scouts that he can make the jump up in standard

negatively he has had six months under Hartley and hasn't signed up for one last push

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I doubt a player could be used as a swap when one of the players is out of contract.

We’ve just signed 2 left sided defenders also and scobbie is guff.

I suppose depends on the ties with the options of another year entails on Sibbalds contract, we know that Sibbald stalled in signing the contract last season with the option for another year, so maybe we have a clause for a small fee if he doesnt sign on again.

Although he owes us nothing, I  personally think he owes us another year with us sticking by him after he danced off to Luton and the injury plagued and indifferent form last season and he could have better options come next May with a better season under his belt,  but if he goes which I expect he will, good luck to him.  I expect some of our support to be not as supporting when he does leave tho, but he hasn't progressed as he could've for me, which is why he is still here

Edited by MrDust

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Surely heads have to roll if we've messed up triggering Sibbald's contract extension. We were supposed to have the option to keep him for an extra year- only Falkirk could mess that up.

I'm not too sure if I read into that, we had McGhee on a similar option and he signed

Hartley would be seen as spinning us a story at the meetings otherwise

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Surely heads have to roll if we've messed up triggering Sibbald's contract extension. We were supposed to have the option to keep him for an extra year- only Falkirk could mess that up.

Presumably we'll find out soon enough, but my understanding was Hartley said the club HAS the option, but doesn't want to enforce it if Sibbald isn't wholly committed to staying.  Seems like a reasonable stance from The Don.  

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm not too sure if I read into that, we had McGhee on a similar option and he signed

Will make next Thursdays meeting at the South Stand bar interesting 

Obviously we would all like to keep Sibbs but if he wishes to move on then absolutely fair play to him he owes the club nothing. He’s played almost 300 games for the club over the last 7 years and he’s perfectly entitled to go looking for more money for himself if that is indeed what is happening here.

He is perfectly entitled to go and look for more money. But if he's signed a 2 year contract, we should be enforcing it IMO. It's complete madness to lose the services of our best player for nothing when we he is contracted to the club. Then he can move up a level next season, either with us or someone else.

Edited by EdiBairn

Kevin O’Haras fault imo.

Presumably we'll find out soon enough, but my understanding was Hartley said the club HAS the option, but doesn't want to enforce it if Sibbald isn't wholly committed to staying.  Seems like a reasonable stance from The Don.  

Aye quite like that from Hartley. Doesn’t want to keep a player at the club if they don’t want to be here.

Just hoping that Harris is no wanting to stay for a final year.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

If Hartley is letting Sibbald go hopefully he has somebody better in mind to replace him. Personally, I would have kept Sibbald as he is a class above the majority of our squad. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If Hartley is letting Sibbald go hopefully he has somebody better in mind to replace him. Personally, I would have kept Sibbald as he is a class above the majority of our squad. 

I've no problem with us not standing in Sibbalds way if he wants to move to pastures new as long as that isn't to someone who will be in direct competition to us next season.  If he wants to go down south or a premiership side then fine but there's no way we should be letting him line up against us next season in the league. Thats just sheer stupidity in my view.

If Sibbald wants to move then so be it, but absolutely not to a direct rival.

They would still have to pay a development fee I was told

We should have triggered the year then told Sibbald if he doesnt want to be with us, we will sell him for a quid as long as he finds a club outwith our league.

(Maybe scuppers him since Utd prob couldnae afford a quid ahhahahhahHajajJajjajajajjajhahahahhahahahaha!!!!!@!)

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Some blethers on the DU page flying a kite by saying that they have agreed terms with Sibbald and that Scobbie will be on his way back as part of any deal.

Hopefully a lot of pish, the thought of Scobbie returning gives me the fear!

We would have been as well keeping Gasparotto.

More like "Give us Sibbald or we'll send Scobbie"

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've no problem with us not standing in Sibbalds way if he wants to move to pastures new as long as that isn't to someone who will be in direct competition to us next season.  If he wants to go down south or a premiership side then fine but there's no way we should be letting him line up against us next season in the league. Thats just sheer stupidity in my view.

If Sibbald does stay in this league out with ourselves, it will be for £s and not ambition.

More like "Give us Sibbald or we'll send Scobbie"

Dundee Utd trying the billy big baws stuff that the OF used to do. Buy players from our rivals to try and weaken them.