The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Not sure if you've any news on Jakubiak but we signed his pal Beadling on a 2 yr deal and it sounds like it annoyed Sunderland's incoming owner as they missed out on any development fee etc. Beadling's contract with them must run until end June so Jakubiak's will likely be the same. 

Jak plays for Watford and we are looking at another loan not transfer.

Edited by gav-ffc

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Jak plays for Watford and we are looking at another loan not transfer.

Cheers! Had it in my head he was Sunderland too as he and Beadling were pals and talked about being up here at the same time. Hopefully for you lot the Watford board are as dozy as Sunderland's.  

Cheers! Had it in my head he was Sunderland too as he and Beadling were pals and talked about being up here at the same time. Hopefully for you lot the Watford board are as dozy as Sunderland's.  

His pal is Tommy Robson, who we signed permanently in January.

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

His pal is Tommy Robson, who we signed permanently in January.

Can we just start again? 

Enjoy pre-season. We've kind of forgotten about you lot since Utd started spunking dosh on our mediocre Rangers loving forwards.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Assume Hartley is currently on holiday as the papers this morning have quotes from Craig Campbell repeating what Hartley said at the roadshows that Nelson & Jakubiak will be looked at in July once their clubs return to pre-season.

Our season starting afore the world cup ends will hugely factor any loan signing from down south as we ask how high to jump to BT sports with our pre season league cup exploits which for me belittles the cup even more

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

I don't get this obsession with having to win the first game of the season?

I want to win every game

Not sure if you've any news on Jakubiak but we signed his pal Beadling on a 2 yr deal and it sounds like it annoyed Sunderland's incoming owner as they missed out on any development fee etc. Beadling's contract with them must run until end June so Jakubiak's will likely be the same. 
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Distance+between+Sunderland+and+Watford%3F

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

It's better than the alternative plus it sets the tone for your next couple of games.

After the build up last season you could see the shock in the players at getting pumped by St Mirren first game. Don't feel like they recovered from that for a long time.

I knew after watching St Mirren and Livi the 1st week of the season we were not going anywhere.

Actually felt Livi were better than St Mirren

I knew after watching St Mirren and Livi the 1st week of the season we were not going anywhere.

You mean the league cup game we were pumping long throws from Gasparotto for 120 mins.

*shudders*

38 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd have been amazed if you told me that both of them would be promoted at that point.  Though they were both decent sides but nothing special.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I called it at the St Mirren game. Too man folk getting excited about beating third-rate haddies in the diddy cups who were still on their holidays.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd have been amazed if you told me that both of them would be promoted at that point.  Though they were both decent sides but nothing special.

Livi just looked a team that all worked incredibly hard wi some decent players.

I did however think the Premier league team would be too strong for whoever they met.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/things-at-falkirk-hotting-up-for-hartley-1-4744328

Fresh from agreeing a new lengthy contract for goalkeeper Robbie Mutch, Hartley said he expects another few signings in the next ten to 14 days and some responses to contract offers too. 

More wids on the way lads

PS just trying out my new avatar x

7 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Hartley has never lost a first league game as a manager, 4-0 at Gretna was our last opening day win? 

And that wasn't even properly 'away' as it was at Motherwell.

Edited to say that I don't know why I said that as it's got f**k all to do with anything!

Edited by ShaggerG

Assume Hartley is currently on holiday as the papers this morning have quotes from Craig Campbell repeating what Hartley said at the roadshows that Nelson & Jakubiak will be looked at in July once their clubs return to pre-season.

He is not on holiday

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

The English market closes before their season starts but players can still go out on loan to other leagues so probably be closer to August for loans.

I'm certain thats been changed back to normal, but they've only mentioned it on the sly instead of the huge fanfare they gave the original "close window before the season" stuff. 

I can't find mention of it, so ignore me. 

Edited by RandomGuy.