The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

Neilson ran double training sessions from when he went in at Hearts. It's well documented it ended up with unhappy and injured players. 

This idea that longer training sessions=better is complete nonsense anyway. Pep certainly won't be training all day every day with his squad.

Some of our fans need to realise it's 2018 not 1978. What matters is the quality of training, not that they're spending 6 hours every day running about.

So double sessions during the time when he absolutely hosed the Championship despite Rangers and Hibs being there, and finished third in the Premiership before moving on to Norwich, and you are branding him a failure?

So double sessions during the time when he absolutely hosed the Championship despite Rangers and Hibs being there, and finished third in the Premiership before moving on to Norwich, and you are branding him a failure?

It was MK Dons Neilson went to but apart from that aye you’re spot on. No chance you can call Neilson a failure at Hearts.

Shepps obviously just shitting himself at the prospect of double sessions.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He absolutely hosed the championship with far better players and a far bigger squad than we're going to have. It's ludicrous to suggest having double training sessions which will undoubtedly increase injuries and knocks which we absolutely don't want if we're going to be running with a squad of 18 next season.

It was MK Dons Neilson went to but apart from that aye you’re spot on. No chance you can call Neilson a failure at Hearts.

Shepps obviously just shitting himself at the prospect of double sessions.
f**k knows where I got Norwich....

Feart in case he spews out the playpiece his mammy made him IMO.

He absolutely hosed the championship with far better players and a far bigger squad than we're going to have. It's ludicrous to suggest having double training sessions which will undoubtedly increase injuries and knocks which we absolutely don't want if we're going to be running with a squad of 18 next season.
I didnt suggest it, I am just saying that claiming Neilson failed at Hearts is absolute bollocks

An absolute fountain of knowledge. Fair play

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If we get Neilson i hope he fails the same way he did at Hearts. Was it 2nd place he left them sitting before he left? emoji23.png

But imagine how tired your players will be with all those double sessions!

Neilson was a fairly obvious success at Hearts, mental to argue otherwise.

Assume Hartley is currently on holiday as the papers this morning have quotes from Craig Campbell repeating what Hartley said at the roadshows that Nelson & Jakubiak will be looked at in July once their clubs return to pre-season.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah hosing the championship was what I meant when suggesting it. I want the Don to be taking every possible angle on getting us an advantage. 

Inagine if we actually had a good start to the season. 

12 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Yeah hosing the championship was what I meant when suggesting it. I want the Don to be taking every possible angle on getting us an advantage. 

Inagine if we actually had a good start to the season. 

Hartley has never lost a first league game as a manager, 4-0 at Gretna was our last opening day win? 

Edited by superandy_07

2 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I don't get this obsession with having to win the first game of the season?

It's better than the alternative plus it sets the tone for your next couple of games.

After the build up last season you could see the shock in the players at getting pumped by St Mirren first game. Don't feel like they recovered from that for a long time.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

It's better than the alternative plus it sets the tone for your next couple of games.

After the build up last season you could see the shock in the players at getting pumped by St Mirren first game. Don't feel like they recovered from that for a long time.

On the flip side, look at how St Mirren season panned out. 

Managed to stumble across this article on twitter earlier on;
http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/mrep/20051002013.htm
Make of it what you will, but I think we should shower the Don in a cloud of pink panties when we eventually get promoted at the end of this season.

That just put me off my breakfast.....

Not sure if you've any news on Jakubiak but we signed his pal Beadling on a 2 yr deal and it sounds like it annoyed Sunderland's incoming owner as they missed out on any development fee etc. Beadling's contract with them must run until end June so Jakubiak's will likely be the same.