The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyway. Club shop closed for 2 days because of transition to ticketmaster, or are the club just finding a way to keep fans away from the stadium over the next couple of days so our massive next signing isn't leaked? 

I'd like to see someone who can create come in. By the sounds of it Sibbald is away and I'm not seeing a huge amount of chances coming out of the remaining midfielders, regardless of who we have up top. 

2 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I'd like to see someone who can create come in. By the sounds of it Sibbald is away and I'm not seeing a huge amount of chances coming out of the remaining midfielders, regardless of who we have up top. 

We need creativity and width. None of either at the moment.

I'm happy with the business so far, in the fact we had some pre contracts in place and for unknown quantities. Would be nice to get an exciting signing tho but makes more sense to announce or even get, once guys are back their holiday and even to tie in with season ticket release. Can't be too greedy this early I guess. 

I hear that as well as the South stand now being sponsored by Papa John’s, the North stand is to be sponsored by Imperial Cars in Grangemouth (old Phoenix Honda garage).

KK & the commercial guys doing a superb job as always.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

That's like saying Alex Smith is a better manager than Paul Hartley because he got two wins out the players at his disposal pre January, whereas Hartley got one and even had the advantage to adding with Tumilty

Still if you cant see that a win-less streak with a inexperienced left back and 8 changes from two differing performances v Utd pre and post transers is more a factor than two players leaving, then I will leave you arguing with yourself over your maybe facts to my actual facts

Pretty obvious surely, Im not one to hound, call wage thief or say they are to blame for our results but the three I have in mind are either not good enough or didnt have the correct mind set to  contribute last season, whereas the Falkirk 2 contributed more albeit being blamed for us being pish, although we were still pish when they left

I am assuming Loy and Harris are on your list but who else do you know for fact are disruptive?

Fair do's if I've picked you up wrong. Just seemed you were shying away from laying blame with any other names, in particular Gallagher, who whilst on the pitch, was quite frankly, utter shite. Regardless of age or potential etc etc. It was more evident we improved once he wasn't on the park. 

Ffs the lad was 17 years old thrown into a shit fest of a team at war with each other and the management. He didn’t stand a chance

He was nowhere near ready to be playing every week at this level. He should've been punted out to a team like  Edinburgh city or East fife to get some decent experience in how to actually defend.  We may have got away with it if the rest of the defence had been rock solid at that point but pre Balatoni and McGhee coming in it was all over the shop.

35 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I am assuming Loy and Harris are on your list but who else do you know for fact are disruptive?

I never suggested disruptive, that's something very few will know the actual truth about. My opinion was of players that were either not good enough or head strong to play for Falkirk last  season and contributed nothing to note

He was nowhere near ready to be playing every week at this level. He should've been punted out to a team like  Edinburgh city or East fife to get some decent experience in how to actually defend.  We may have got away with it if the rest of the defence had been rock solid at that point but pre Balatoni and McGhee coming in it was all over the shop.

Had that happened though, he probably would not have ended up at Liverpool and we would not be quids in.

I hear that as well as the South stand now being sponsored by Papa John’s, the North stand is to be sponsored by Imperial Cars in Grangemouth (old Phoenix Honda garage).

KK & the commercial guys doing a superb job as always.

3 year lease so more guaranteed income.

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Had that happened though, he probably would not have ended up at Liverpool and we would not be quids in.

If he had performed well and come back to us a better player then a season of  good performances for us and he may have been worth a lot more.  For a guy lauded as the next big thing we didn't get much for him mainly because his first team performances weren't up to scratch. Instead of scratching about in the development league he'd have been far better mixing it in the seaside leagues.  Hopefully the new reserve league will provide a better grounding for younger players than the u20's ever did.

If you ever saw Lee Miller in his prime you'll know that he's not the same player unfortunately.  Perfectly suited these days though to Livi's style of fitba. No better a target man if you have the ammunition and he's motivated. Unfortunately we didnt and he wasn't.

Edited by Shodwall cat