The Falkirk FC Thread

Theyve been around for years.

Some of the shouts heard on the Hope Street end were incredible.

Hope Street end. Those were the days eh?

Still think abusing a player on social media for moving on to make a living, and subsequently doing well, is significantly worse than a bit of stick on the terraces for a poor display though.

The problem in our team wasn't miller it was midfield. He didn't score in the playoffs, but he held the ball up and played in runners who did. Had we had an actual fucking runner in the middle of the park for the first 6 months of the season it might have been different.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

The problem in our team wasn't miller it was midfield. He didn't score in the playoffs, but he held the ball up and played in runners who did. Had we had an actual fucking runner in the middle of the park for the first 6 months of the season it might have been different.

Blaming Miller full stop is madness, considering he only started 3 league games and 1 cup game from July to January.

As for blood and guts performances for Livi, he did versus Livi for us. He is obviously getting more game time with Livi, probably more starts in 30days than he did in the last 7 months with us and an opportunity to provide aerial battles for Livi more than he did with us as a lot of their game is set plays, long throws etc.

Miller really has been a bit player for us in the 2nd coming, only a short 9 game or so spell when he was a starter, but he has scored some important goals for us, the last full season being our most effective striker per points gained.

He can hold his head high as far as I'm concerned, plenty last season can't whom haven't put the same effort back to the club as Miller has, far too much bitterness with very little proof to the abuse he has got, I'm awaiting Scott Shepherd wage thief based on Millers 4 starts and being one...

Edited by MrDust

Miller and Kerr were good players on the whole for the club and I think it's ludicrous to suggest either didn't give 100%. There was obviously some falling out with Hartley, but the abuse Kerr got as our designated scapegoat for the first half of the season, and Miller is now getting is crazy from some of our 'fans'.

Pretty sure the woman giving BSLM it tight on twitter is the same woman that sits at the back of the South Stand causing me to come home with a migraine almost every week I was there.

High pitched nonsensical screeching.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

33 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Pretty sure the woman giving BSLM it tight on twitter is the same woman that sits at the back of the South Stand causing me to come home with a migraine almost every week I was there.

I've genuinely moved seats after 25 mins when she was directly behind me once. Very abusive towards Loy. Mouth like a sewer.

33 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Sounds like most women.

The real issue for everyone (I include the “minters, nuggets, and roasters” in this) is that the players who have left up til now are not the least talented and (crucially) not the ones that just about everyone is desperate to see the back off.

Someone made the decent point that up til now, the ones that have gone Miller, Kerr, Hippo, Austen and Grant (pre-injury) were more talented than the ones that have been retained. It’s quite possibly true, but hopefully, it’ll prove to be not that important.

Its about keeping the faith in what Hartley is trying to do (until he is considered to have failed of course).

A quarter of the way into next season, it will be interesting to see who of the new squad we would wish away so we could bring one of the old squad back. Hopefully none of them.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've genuinely moved seats after 25 mins when she was directly behind me once. Very abusive towards Loy. Mouth like a sewer.

Had a mate from Boro up watching a Raith game when she was in full flow. Even by the standards of some of the stuff he hears at Boro, she was in a league of her own. Came lumbering past us to launch all sorts of threats at a Raith player taking a corner. 

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I remember one game, can't remember which game. There was a sweet couple minutes of complete silence from the woman before she started shouting for Loy to be subbed. Brutal.

57 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If its the one that I'm thinking about she is usually there with her husband and a wee girl.

Squeals some utter, utter dross then looks to her husband for approval.

Even my wife who is "limited" in her football knowledge thinks she is a foul mouthed clueless balloon.

I would be expecting a thorough chastising from Jimmy85 very shortly if I was you.
Jimmy has regretabbly been banned (no doubt unjustly) from a loosely moderated forum and is henceforth unavailable to keep us all on the moral straight and narrow.