The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Motherwell only selling 12,700 tickets for the final. Total diddies 

I'll wager Partick & Livingston wont even sell out for the play off final. It's an utter travesty a massive fan base like ours hasn't seen top flight football in almost a decade. The big league should be for the biggest clubs. 

Who are we supporting in the playoff final? On one hand Livi staying down might be good for us next season, but on the other I always kind of like to see the championship team go up because the odds are so overwhelmingly rigged against them.

Who are we supporting in the playoff final? On one hand Livi staying down might be good for us next season, but on the other I always kind of like to see the championship team go up because the odds are so overwhelmingly rigged against them.

On the basis I’m sick of the sight of Livi, hopefully that go up today. Will also break the cycle of Prem teams winning the POs the last few years.

I'd like livy to go up, just to show the (many) knicker wetters in our support that the 2nd bottom team in the premiership aren't unbeatable footballing gods that mere championship teams can't ever beat in a play off!! The "if we don't win the league we're doomed" attitude is just ridiculous. 

Plus good atmosphere home and away v thistle 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'd like livy to go up, just to show the (many) knicker wetters in our support that the 2nd bottom team in the premiership aren't unbeatable footballing gods that mere championship teams can't ever beat in a play off!! The "if we don't win the league we're doomed" attitude is just ridiculous. 

Plus good atmosphere home and away v thistle 

It’s not a constant though. Second bottom of the top flight won’t always be the useless crew that is this season’s Partick, nor will the play off side from the Championship be the gang that represents Livingston this season. Promotion has saved them from looking for a third admin, so I am sure they are mighty thankful for that. Their gamble has paid off, in the way that ours with “Our Time” didn’t.

Its never impossible, but the play offs are rigged. Hamilton and Livingston have overcome the rigging in their own ways, so it can be done, but never look on it as being a fair and square competition.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Its never impossible, but the play offs are rigged. Hamilton and Livingston have overcome the rigging in their own ways, so it can be done, but never look on it as being a fair and square competition.

:lol: They've "overcome the rigging" by winning the matches, maybe Falkirk should try that sometime :lol:

Well done livi and I’m glad we don’t play them next season. They’ll come straight down though, the other teams will soon work them out. It’s brutal to watch that every week.

Not sure. Think they could be another Hamilton and stay a few years.
I think it could be the Saintees turn next season, signs of them slipping into complacency this season by dropping into the bottom tier...

On 16/05/2018 at 00:25, Reggie Perrin said:

David Templeton has left Hamilton. Probably out of our price range but would be a great flair signing to go with the big beasts we are collecting.

Aye, Templeton who we could have signed for £30k from the Warriors but the board wouldn't go for it

Its all about timing in football and livie and saints have nailed it . Saints putting a decent team finally together the first year without the likes of  hibs, hearts or rangers and livie getting to the playoff final when the second bottom top flight club happens to be utter dog shit.